• 13(current)
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC
FYI for anyone else that runs into this: Aperture was not updating the ApertureData.xml for me. This is required for my plugin to work.

The fix was to enable "Share previews with iLife and iWork" in Preferences->Previews.

iPhoto doesn't appear to need any particular setting to be enabled.
I have 2.0.0b2 ready for testing <pulled for now; wait for next beta>. The big new feature is of course support for Aperture, but I need people using iPhoto to test it as well to make sure the addition didn't break any existing functionality.

Please leave feedback here if you find anything wrong! If I don't hear anything by November 3, I will release 2.0.0.

hey,

sorry to report a "bug", but I think some iPhoto update broke it ?maybe? today?
I got the original script included in XBMC (1.9.3) running and everything working, saw some pictures and wanted to edit the on my mac,
so i started up iphoto and it said "updating media library" and i thought .. "skrewed" ... ;D

and that was it... afterwards i tried the two betas out there and unfortunately it's still not working:
so in detail:

using iPhoto 9.4.1 (701.67) and latest beta (2) out there.. leads to an python script error ...

im not sure how to get a good xbmc log output, or at least what u need, if u need anything, just tell me Smile
thx a lot for anything so far :=)

cheers,
-
(2012-10-28, 16:39)crazyV Wrote: sorry to report a "bug", but I think some iPhoto update broke it ?maybe? today?
I got the original script included in XBMC (1.9.3) running and everything working, saw some pictures and wanted to edit the on my mac,
so i started up iphoto and it said "updating media library" and i thought .. "skrewed" ... ;D

using iPhoto 9.4.1 (701.67) and latest beta (2) out there.. leads to an python script error ...

The version in the official addon repo should be working for iPhoto 9.4.1. Try this. Go to Settings->Addons and browse to the iPhoto addon. Uninstall it.

If you're on a Mac, browse to (using the Finder, not XBMC) "~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons" and delete "plugin.image.iphoto" as well as any that start with "jingai-plugin.image.iphoto".

Then reinstall the plugin in XBMC. Try to open the plugin and Update Library. Close XBMC and browse to "~/Library/Logs" and retrieve the "xbmc.log" file in there to send to me (use pastebin.com or whatever you like).

Basically, there are a couple of known issues with locking in the most recent beta that I'm trying to rule out as the culprit here.
New beta 2.0.0b3 is available here. I have redone most of the GUI. It should be faster and will now adjust the menus dynamically depending on which functions are currently supported.

I believe it will also solve several locking issues with the database that would require you to restart XBMC to solve.

Please test and report any findings here.
2.0.0 will be released likely on Sunday if I don't hear of any issues between now and then.
2.0.0b4 is available. It should make things work if you specified the path to your Library as a network filesystem (VFS).
No feedback? I see people are downloading it.. is it just working fine for everyone ?

Going to release 2.0.0 this weekend if I don't hear from anyone.
I am unable to view individual photos. When I click on the photo, I just get a blank screen. Here is the snippet from the xbmc.log:

08:24:35 T:1897900912 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:24:35 T:1897900912 NOTICE: {'action': 'events', 'rollid': '12'}
08:24:37 T:1723837296 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /Volumes/Photo Album/2004/Halloween '04/IMG_0467.JPG
08:24:37 T:1723837296 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /Volumes/Photo Album/2004/Halloween '04/IMG_0468.JPG
08:24:44 T:1723837296 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:24:44 T:1723837296 NOTICE: {'action': 'events', 'rollid': '12'}
08:24:46 T:2972687216 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

Any help would be appreciated.
Have you tried images in a different album?

Does the path it is complaining about actually exist? Can you navigate to it in the Finder?

edit: What version of XBMC are you using, Eden or a Frodo nightly? And are you using the 2.0.0b4 version of my plugin, or 1.9.3?
Hello jingai
Thanks for your work.I'm from germany.
I notice in the pictures that contain a letter ö or ü
make problem.Plugin recognizes photo but it remains black.
(2012-11-11, 08:45)meso Wrote: I notice in the pictures that contain a letter ö or ü
make problem.Plugin recognizes photo but it remains black.

Is the letter in the photo title or in the filename?

edit: I just tested this here, with both characters in both the title and filename of a photo and it seemed to work fine. What version of XBMC are you using, Eden or a Frodo nightly? And are you using the 2.0.0b4 version of my plugin, or 1.9.3?
Wink 
I use eden with 2.0.0b4 on mac montain, ipad, atv 2.

I try now with Frodo nightly 2.0.0b4 on mac,work fine,no characters problems.Big Grin
(2012-11-11, 19:24)meso Wrote: I try now with Frodo nightly 2.0.0b4 on mac,work fine,no characters problems.Big Grin

I was afraid of that. I'll try to get it working on Eden tomorrow.

But, glad it is working for you now Smile
Just checked things on Eden. I made a folder called "Halloween '04" (to check erickatz's issue) and inside it put a photo called "öorü.jpg" (for meso). Imported it into iPhoto and ran my plugin.. it displayed the image just fine. So I'm a tad confused.

Let's try this.. here is one more beta. Please give this a try and see if it works on Eden for you guys.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC1