• 1(current)
Confluence Modified
Video 
Confluence Modified

A modified version of Confluence with lots of customisation options while keeping the Confluence looks.

Screenshot gallery:

watch gallery

Supported addons

Installed automatically with the skin:

Artwork Downloader - downloads artwork for movies, TV shows and music videos in your library.
Favourites - fetches item from your XBMC favourites to populate home menu/submenu with custom buttons.
Grab Fanart - use fanart from your library as backgrounds
Random and Last Items - display recent and recommended content from smart playlists
Skin Widgets - displays recent and recommended content from your library
Video & Audio Language - show all audio and subtitle languages of a video file in the video info dialog

Supported but requires manual installation:

Artist Slideshow - show artist slideshow during music playback
Cinema Experience - plays trailers, slideshows and videos before playback begins
CU LRC Lyrics - displays song lyrics
Global Search - searches your library
Library Editor - edit library details for media
Metadata Actors - displays extended actor and director metadata
TV Show Next Aired - displays air dates for TV shows in your library
TvTunes - plays TV show themes in the background
VideoExtras - add extras-type content to your media
XBMC Subtitles - downloads subtitles

Installation instructions:

- Download the skin
- Go to System > Add-ons, select "Install from zip file" and select the downloaded file
- It should install dependencies automatically. If it doesn't, these are needed: Artwork Downloader, Grab Fanart, Skin Widgets, script.favourites,script.randomandlastitems, script.videolanguage
- Music video views are designed for posters, use of TheConcertDB scraper is recommended.

Quote:Changelog

- Fullscreen view
- Support for TVTunes 4.x add-on
- Support for Video Extras add-on
- Coverflow label rework
- Enable coverflow for add-ons (video add-ons is buggy, will fix later)
- Music visualisation: fix visualisation not showing behind extrafanart, show random backgrounds if extrafanart disabled/not available and artist fanart disabled/not available.

- New add-on dependency (script.grab.fanart) and a new skin setting (show fanart backgrounds). Uses fanart from your existing library as main menu and library view backgrounds. Disable extrafanart (in some views) and enable “hide item specific fanart” to see it in library views
- Fix artist slideshow visibility at home screen
- Add extrafanart, thumb shadow and unfocus animation to showcase view

- Optional home menu icon layout (use home menu color setting to change the colour)
- Add script.metadata.actors to context menu for actors/directors
- Slow down background and extrafanart cycling a bit
- Bigger fonts here and there
- Update polish translation
- Dim screen when busy
- Small changes to video OSD, music visualisation

- Showcase view
- Support for script.metadata.actors
- Replace home menu programs with poor man's add-on browser (use programs for Android)
- Simple next aired information for tv shows
- Tune font aspect ratios
- Revert back to Confluence flags, Gotham-style audio and subtitle language info
- Various cosmetic fixes

- New widgets for vertical home
- Optional library stats at home (disable RSS at horizontal home first)
- Submenu for addons
- Show remaining time instead of total time at video OSD
- Cinema Experience support
- I cannot remember the rest

- Horizontal menu reorganization
- OpenELEC shortcut visibility fix

- Workaround fix to hide recommended content if it's not enabled in the add-on settings
- Skin settings cleanup and fixes
- Option to hide global search from the main menu
- Updated skin dependencies versions

- Alternative vertical home and widgets (work in progress)
- Moved things around in horizontal home
- Shutdown menu customiser
- Always use skin widgets instead of builtin recent items
- Random items support in vertical home
- Fix OpenELEC addon shortcut
- Codec info fix for Gotham
- Added EPG timeline infopanel
- Added library update to video and music submenus
- 5->10 addons at home screen
- Renamed some of the settings

- Set video nodes as main menu and submenu items
- New more lightweight busy dialog (credits to Pecinko for the inspiration and for the background graphic)
- Option to automatically activate fullscreen when music playback starts
- Fix artist slideshow not exiting properly when used as home background
- Added a reminder to configure Artwork Downloader when extra artwork is enabled in the skin settings
- Skin code parenthesis fixes

- Home window changes (lowered menu, bigger widgets, logos in tv show widgets, widget item fanart as home background, artist slideshow at home)
- Rename custom home items directly from home by pressing back/backspace
- Recent widget for album type smart playlists
- Toggle widgets on or off for individual menu items
- Support for Library Editor add-on
- Set lyrics as default music OSD button
- Fixed home window mouse navigation for addons
- Option to run Artwork Downloader automatically after library update
- Script.videolanguage support for musicvideos
- More items in shutdown menu

- Skinner retardism release

- Fixed weather widget overlapping with the XBMC logo
- Main menu navigation fixes
- Added system and skin settings to shutdown menu
- Coverflow view mode
- Extrafanart support in fanart, media info & media info 3 views
- Few more bugs, probably

- Fixed non working music main menu entry when there's no content in library
- OpenELEC settings shortcut in system submenu, and an option to hide it
- Choose when to show the weather widget on home
- Change main menu font color in skin settings
- Added missing login screen background
- Do not show widget selector on custom main menu items when the skin option is turned off
- Media flags from PM3.HD
- Transparent list resolution flags (SD/HD)
- Audio and subtitle (embedded only) language flagging support
- Enabled poster wrap, media info 2 & 3 for music videos
- Artist Slideshow support

- New main menu colour, backgrounds and few other graphical changes. All borrowed from other skins, credits to the original authors.
- Widgets for custom main menu items (recent/recommended items from smart playlists)
- Option to not show submenus, widget selector and add-ons automatically. Press up and down to show them.
- Option to use passive scrollbars. Scrollbars are visible only when focused.
- Minor OSD changes

- Showing power and favourites in the main menu disables power and shutdown buttons
- An option to open music in files mode
- Hide view/library statistics (number of item, page count, total duration..)
- LiveTV home addons
- Back to standard seek bar, the modified one was one up to the standards
- Reordered buttons at video info screen
- Slowed down background cycling a bit
- Fixed control visibilities at home screen
- Code cleanup (thanks Phil65)

- Favourites and shutdown in the main menu with submenus
- A button to download enabled artwork in the skin settings
- Tweaked the settings window to improve it's usability with bright custom backgrounds
- Renamed concerts back to music videos. Music videos main menu item shows automatically when you have content in the library. Hide it to move it to the videos submenu.
- New submenu for music videos (instead of using the standard music submenu)
- Added missing root library view as a music target
- "New" graphic for selected items in many of the windows, dialogs and views.

Home menu & submenu customization

- 3 custom main menu items with submenus and addons of your choice
- 3 custom submenu items per submenu, 18 in total
- Custom items above can be either a video/music playlist, a favourite or an add-on
- Disable any default submenu item (genres, actors, years..)
- Customize what library view is entered when you choose movies, tv shows and music from the main menu

Home window options

- Recommended and recently added unwatched movies, tv shows, albums and concerts, provided by Skin Widgets, formerly known as Watchlist script
- Custom backgrounds by media type (Eden-style background customizer)
- Go directly to files view by clicking Videos in main menu
- Music videos shortcut directly in main menu
- Current weather condition based background fanart

Other stuff

- Movie and tv show logos in media info views, poster wrap view, fanart view and movie/tv show information dialog
- TV show Clearart in OSD and seekbar
- Set subtitle plugin download button as the default focused button in video osd
- Additional button to launch Artwork Downloader from video info dialog
You use the skin labels like ListItem.Art(clearlogo) created by artwork Downloader?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-12, 21:45)Martijn Wrote: You use the skin labels like ListItem.Art(clearlogo) created by artwork Downloader?

No, but now that you mention it i remember reading about it on the skinning forum. Have to do some more reading what has changed and update accordingly at some point.
(2012-11-12, 21:50)toiva Wrote:
(2012-11-12, 21:45)Martijn Wrote: You use the skin labels like ListItem.Art(clearlogo) created by artwork Downloader?

No, but now that you mention it i remember reading about it on the skinning forum. Have to do some more reading what has changed and update accordingly at some point.

Believe me it will make you life a lot easier and the skin much faster Smile
As always i refused to read any instructions or manuals, i just tried different bits of code and when the logo appeared i was happy.

You'll see large image control with <texture>$INFO[ListItem.path]logo.png</texture> as was used in some other Eden Confluence logo mod.

In DialogVideoInfo i had to use $INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath,,/logo.png] in some places as the logo would not show up otherwise, i still don't know what the hell is the difference. Tongue Latter one seems to be the preferred method in Eden(?).
It all depends on what level of the library you are what you had to use to get the logo. On Frodo you won't need that anymore and just use the ListItem.Art(clearlogo) and it work and for episode level you need tvshow.clearlogo

Nice!
Didn't look at the code yet, but looks hops for a First MOD
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
And first update is up.

- Switched to ListItem.Art(clearlogo) and ListItem.Art(tvshow.clearlogo)
- Poster wrap season level was missing a logo
- Cleaned up the code a bit
So are we having to use artwork downloader or not for this to work ? Would prefer a standalone solution but is it faster on resource etc with artwork downloader ?
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
You need the latest artwork downloader. After you have ran it and the wanted art is stored in the sqlite/mysql table you can remove the addon, but then you won't be able to add new logos or replace existing ones. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I plan to add a button to video info screen when artwork downloader is installed so that logos are easier to get. I think i'll add clearart support as well, i'm not too interested about the remaining art types.
Mmmm not sure i'm following. I assumed it would look for art in the media files folders ? Or are you saying it would cache them to the userdata ?
Also as a side note. This things would be better added as a modification instruction, rather than replacement files. I have a heavily modded confluence skin for my needs and replacing the files with potentially outdated ones seems alien to me.

Anyway, either way thanks for contributing to a really great skin.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Of course it will cache them locally, only the url to the actual art at fanart.tv is stored to the db.

My head is melting from conditional visibilites.. I've added Clearart support for the tv show video info/osd and added toggles to skin settings where you can turn logos or clearart off. Adding a button for launching Artwork Downloader from the video info screen is not as easy as i expected.
Clearart support is now online, added toggle switches under skin settings to turn either logos or clearart or both off. If clearart is unavailable a standard episode thumb is shown.
@toiva

I like your mod but not completely, there's too much repetition going on in some views were the name can be displayed including other art and typography up to 3 to 4 times which I find excessive. It just crowds too much and detracts from the skin... Like I said only some views. Others its fine.

Perhaps a skin that's designed with this in mind or options to what display where or instead.

Personally I avoid 3rd party skins because they cause xbmc too much trouble, and since I am already compiling from Git every day or so, I dont need any more excitement Wink#

Good work anyway. I wish I knoeew some skinning to do some more mods that the floor.png I posted somewhere around these parts.

uNi
I know there's repetition, logos don't look too good when you're in a view that uses text labels as a navigational element. I'm pretty happy with media info 3, poster wrap and poster/fanart views myself.

I might look into creating a logo only view where logos are used as a navigational element.

By the way, i took the floor.png you posted in a another thread and packed it into a new texture file. It looks good in the main menu, i have to test it on media views when i get the chance.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6561811/Textures.xbt
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Modified4