• 44(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script
@amet (just recognized that you cant receive private msg anymore)

Cao amet

kako si mi?

nisam ti piso ima godinu dana...
nadam se da si dobar.

htjeo sam te informisat da nesta (barem kod mene) nestima sa subtitle addon na xbmc.
ili ovako da kazem netrazi više kako treba na podnapisi.net
mozda se i meni samo cini. ali u zadnje vrijeme svaki put kad pretrazim subtitle (cak ako koristim parent folder name ili manual) = no results.
malo prije sam otiso na podnapisi.net da bas vidim. ima barem 4 results.

ako ti je taj problem vec poznat onda izvini Smile

cuvaj se..

i dalje hvala za ovaj super add-on. bez toga nebi mogo,

Pozdrav

Haris
(2012-11-13, 01:09)JiSiN Wrote: @amet (just recognized that you cant receive private msg anymore)

Cao amet

kako si mi?

nisam ti piso ima godinu dana...
nadam se da si dobar.

htjeo sam te informisat da nesta (barem kod mene) nestima sa subtitle addon na xbmc.
ili ovako da kazem netrazi više kako treba na podnapisi.net
mozda se i meni samo cini. ali u zadnje vrijeme svaki put kad pretrazim subtitle (cak ako koristim parent folder name ili manual) = no results.
malo prije sam otiso na podnapisi.net da bas vidim. ima barem 4 results.

ako ti je taj problem vec poznat onda izvini Smile

cuvaj se..

i dalje hvala za ovaj super add-on. bez toga nebi mogo,

Pozdrav

Haris

Hehe, Debug Log and do it in English please

Pozz I ne daj se Smile
Hi All,

I have found this addon very useful, thanks for great work, but sometimes I would like to have an option to continue searching, because my main language is Spanish then English and if a subtitle is found as English, the search stop looking for other sites...is there a way to continue searching to other sites?

thanks !!
Hi amet, thank you for this great addon, i've been using it for while already with the "Itasa" service and I'm pretty happy with it but lately the itasa guys added 2 versions of subs on some of the Tv series, a "not tagged" and a "tagged" version of theirs subs.
Pratically each zip file can contain 3 files eg:
Fringe.s05e07.sub.itasa.srt
Fringe.s05e07.tag.sub.itasa.ass
Fringe.s05e07.tag.sub.itasa.srt

The addon will take the last one extracted (Fringe.s05e07.tag.sub.itasa.srt), but xbmc will not show properly the tagged subs, all I see is a bunch of numbers on the screen.
Can you fix it in some way that it exclude the tagged ones or in the way we can choose the right one?

Tnx in advance Smile
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
Love this addon, use it everyday BUT there is a problem. When searching for subtitles on the swedish site "undertexter.se" it doesnt find/display all matching subtitles. If i go to the site manually and search it finds more matching subs then when i search in the addon.
Amet, After the update when It extracts the subtitles, old extracted srt files appears too. I guess the addon its not deleting old subtitle files

Who is responsible for legendas.tv. the results are showing multiplied by 3. Instead of 1, its showing 3! All the same.

The addon cant handle .rar/.zip files with folders inside it. Try use legendas.tv searching for the.voice.s03 pt-br subs

Thanks!!
(2012-11-20, 17:53)fernandovg Wrote: Amet, After the update when It extracts the subtitles, old extracted srt files appears too. I guess the addon its not deleting old subtitle files

Who is responsible for legendas.tv. the results are showing multiplied by 3. Instead of 1, its showing 3! All the same.

The addon cant handle .rar/.zip files with folders inside it. Try use legendas.tv searching for the.voice.s03 pt-br subs

Thanks!!

https://github.com/amet/script.xbmc.subt...ngelog.txt has who did what on what service, all authors are credited

@amet. When using folder names for subtitle look-ups you get numerous hits on e.g. "undertexter.se". Doing this manually just gave me a single correct hit so I started digging through your code. What I found is that you are using xbmc.getCleanMovieTitle() on all searches and this strips away some crucial information for single hits. Would it be possible to add a setting for disabling this?
If so, will you do this or do you prefer a pull request?

My idea was to replace all xbmc.getCleanMovieTitle calls with something like utilities.getCleanMovieTitle

PHP Code:
def getCleanMovieTitle(pathusefoldername):

titleyear xbmc.getCleanMovieTitle(pathusefoldername)
   if 
__addon__.getSetting"NoCleanMovieTitle" ).lower() == "true":

title os.path.basename(path)
   return 
titleyear 
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
(2012-11-21, 14:42)Popeye Wrote: @amet. When using folder names for subtitle look-ups you get numerous hits on e.g. "undertexter.se". Doing this manually just gave me a single correct hit so I started digging through your code. What I found is that you are using xbmc.getCleanMovieTitle() on all searches and this strips away some crucial information for single hits. Would it be possible to add a setting for disabling this?
If so, will you do this or do you prefer a pull request?

My idea was to replace all xbmc.getCleanMovieTitle calls with something like utilities.getCleanMovieTitle

PHP Code:
def getCleanMovieTitle(pathusefoldername):

titleyear xbmc.getCleanMovieTitle(pathusefoldername)
   if 
__addon__.getSetting"NoCleanMovieTitle" ).lower() == "true":

title os.path.basename(path)
   return 
titleyear 

that only is the case if you are using the XBMC in file mode.. right?

Well. I never use anything else...
(2012-11-21, 14:57)Popeye Wrote: Well. I never use anything else...

I never use the file mode, its always library mode and in that case name is properly formatted
it is possible to use the original title to look to subtitles or edit the plugin to add an option to do so?
Because italians are stupid and often add subtitles to tv show names (for example "breaking bad" becomes "breaking bad - danni collaterali"), so if i want the italian plot i use thtat title, but this breaks the subtitles addon because when it search it uses the long title and itasa (biggest italian translator website) and all subtitle makers use the original one...
(2012-11-21, 15:00)amet Wrote:
(2012-11-21, 14:57)Popeye Wrote: Well. I never use anything else...

I never use the file mode, its always library mode and in that case name is properly formatted

Big Grin You are right. In library mode, the name is the scraped name. Since you have a setting for using the folder name for look up, I thought this was a good addition/enhancement of that functionality and the search accuracy will be much better (in some cases.). Is it ok to come back with a pull request? EDIT: Here it is https://github.com/amet/script.xbmc.subtitles/pull/130
I copied this from github so others could easier follow.

(2012-11-21, 15:00)amet Wrote: self.parsearch enables a button in the sublist to search using a "parent folder" as search string, thats why keyboard is not always shown. if we call it with self.keyboard(False) keyboard wont be shown.

I am planing on redoing this whole section in Frodo and dont intend to do much(or anything) in Eden branch, so if you want to work on something please use frodo-pre branch.

Thanks
amet
(2012-11-21, 14:57)Popeye Wrote: Ok, then I have completely misunderstood the setting. I believed it had the same meaning as the "Use folder names for lookups" when you configure your scrapers. In any case your code strips away relevant information from the folder name and that is what I have tried to fix.

What are your intentions of UI flow?

Today you have a automatic setting to both auto search on next provider as well as grab the first hit. This is good.

The settings option to show keyboard could maybe be and option to auto-show the keyboard if the search has failed, while still keeping UI link to the kb for manual searches.

The settings option for use folder names for lookups should work as I have described ( Big Grin ). With this setting enabled, a UI option to start the keyboard with a cleaned title would be show. This will allow a more generic search.

The main UI today showing the playing title could show the playing file name and it's folder. This to help users pick the correct sub.
(2012-11-22, 10:58)Popeye Wrote: What are your intentions of UI flow?
no plans... it works now.. dont touch it Smile

(2012-11-22, 10:58)Popeye Wrote: Today you have a automatic setting to both auto search on next provider as well as grab the first hit. This is good.

The settings option to show keyboard could maybe be and option to auto-show the keyboard if the search has failed, while still keeping UI link to the kb for manual searches.

as I said before, the script is written with library users in mind, file mode is "not supported" as I dont use it Smile

(2012-11-22, 10:58)Popeye Wrote: The settings option for use folder names for lookups should work as I have described ( Big Grin ). With this setting enabled, a UI option to start the keyboard with a cleaned title would be show. This will allow a more generic search.
I dont mind it being like that, but here is a warning... I dont use the file mode, if we change it to the way you want it, we would expect you to maintain it Smile

(2012-11-22, 10:58)Popeye Wrote: The main UI today showing the playing title could show the playing file name and it's folder. This to help users pick the correct sub.

you can enable file name display for that, granted, folder should be shown in case the name is not descriptive
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script6