• 80(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
(2012-12-05, 01:37)Tim. Wrote: Instant Queue

hmmmmmmm instant queues are working for me. Maybe because my version is slightly ahead of yours, can you turn up debugging and send me log if they don't work for you.
NEW CUT

0.2 cut. get it while its hot

Weird interface to experimental search, you must DEFINE a search and then run it

I know it sucks if you know a better way lemme know and help out!
(2012-12-04, 22:34)yabsie Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 19:21)kebone Wrote: Don't know what the problem was. But, I did a completely fresh install of XBMC and your addon is showing up now. Getting the same script error as I was having before, though. The error happens after linking the account in browser and clicking okay in XBMC. Sorry for my lack of knowledge with this stuff. I do love the netflix app in XBMC so I'll continue to help anyway I can.

Code:
k.
09:01:00 T:3392   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'httplib.BadStatusLine'>

Bad Status line.

This means your C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\u​serinfo.txt

is missing or empty.

What you need to do (and its ugly) (I will try and do a fix for this sometime)

turn your debugging on as high as possible. (in the setting for the plugin) and follow these instructions by Sirrico on page 114

Quote:-Install XBMCFlicks. Before trying it, right click the Add-On, goto Add-On Settings, Debugging Tab, and enable both options.
-Open XBMCFlicks, tell your browser okay, tell XBMC okay, enjoy the perpetual ping of failure. Close XBMC.
-Dig up your logfile, which (in Windows 7) is under username/AppData/Roaming/XBMC. It'll be the most recently modified version.
-Open it up (notepad is fine) and run a ctrl-f for 'key'; a couple clicks should take you to a line like this:
> NOTICE: and then put this key / secret in MY_USER.request: <
-Under that are two alphanumeric codes labeled 'key' and 'secret'. Copy them over, keep them secret, keep them safe, etc..
-Bounce over your userinfo file, under appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks. If there's no userinfo.txt file, I would expect it would work just fine if you created one.
-Open userinfo.txt in note pad, and copy in yabsie's syntax from above.
requestKey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
requestSecret=YYYYYYYYYYYYYY
accessKey=ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
accessSecret=OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
-Replace the xxxx's and zzzz's with the longer code labeled Key. Replace the YYYY's and OOOO's with the shorter code labeled secret. No spaces or apostrophe's needed apparently.
-Save, relaunch XBMC, and enjoy your hopefully now successful authentication

do not post these numbers to the forum, they represent your netflicks account and with those numbers people can pretend to be you

It appears that on MAC OS the location of the userinfo.txt file is

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/userinfo.txt

other than that the above advice should still hold

(2012-12-05, 21:17)yabsie Wrote: NEW CUT

Weird interface to experimental search, you must DEFINE a search and then run it

Installing it now. I probably wont know a better way but I do love to try new things Wink
(2012-12-04, 05:34)kebone Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 05:23)MrDamnation Wrote: Hey guys, I'm really sorry to be that dick, but I can't physically look through all 118 pages for my answer. Does this run inside of XBMC? Last time I checked I didn't think it did. And it was a very long time ago.

The menu is ran inside XBMC but when you select a video it's played inside a browser. Hope that's the answer you were looking for!

I think it should run natively inside of XBMC. I think I offered to help once before (about 2 years ago when I first started my job), but I'd like to give it another shot. I'm still confused about how XBMC works as a program -- the core is in C and the add-ons are in Python? In either case, all we'd need to do is figure out a way to embed a web page that hosts a Silverlight wrapper that uses the Netfilx API, right? In theory? I haven't looked at the Netflix API (again -- I'm a professional programmer so most of my free time is away from coding) but maybe there's even a way that we could strictly embed a Netflix player from the API into some kind of UI container inside of XBMC.

I don't want to commit time I don't know I have, but perhaps the idea could help get some nice XBMC/Netflix integration off the ground. Honestly, and no offense to fekker, but I think native Netflix and Hulu integration should be part of an upcoming XBMC feature. By all means, broaden your base by supporting a bunch of different devices, but I think some built in video service integration would be stellar.
(2012-12-06, 03:12)MrDamnation Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 05:34)kebone Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 05:23)MrDamnation Wrote: Hey guys, I'm really sorry to be that dick, but I can't physically look through all 118 pages for my answer. Does this run inside of XBMC? Last time I checked I didn't think it did. And it was a very long time ago.

The menu is ran inside XBMC but when you select a video it's played inside a browser. Hope that's the answer you were looking for!

I think it should run natively inside of XBMC. I think I offered to help once before (about 2 years ago when I first started my job), but I'd like to give it another shot. I'm still confused about how XBMC works as a program -- the core is in C and the add-ons are in Python? In either case, all we'd need to do is figure out a way to embed a web page that hosts a Silverlight wrapper that uses the Netfilx API, right? In theory? I haven't looked at the Netflix API (again -- I'm a professional programmer so most of my free time is away from coding) but maybe there's even a way that we could strictly embed a Netflix player from the API into some kind of UI container inside of XBMC.

I don't want to commit time I don't know I have, but perhaps the idea could help get some nice XBMC/Netflix integration off the ground. Honestly, and no offense to fekker, but I think native Netflix and Hulu integration should be part of an upcoming XBMC feature. By all means, broaden your base by supporting a bunch of different devices, but I think some built in video service integration would be stellar.

I am far from an expert but here is the way I see it
There are 2 different approaches, if you are going the plug in approach, then you cant get NF to run within XBMC,

If you want to get the XBMC code and start making changes to the core player, then you may have a fighting chance.

Adding a flash and/or HTML5 and/or a silverlighht player to core XBMC would be fantastic, then we could leverage that in all sorts of plugins.

Like you said, i am also a professional programmer , but have limited time, thats why I started hacking away at the plugin, getting into changing core xbmc code was more investment that I felt like making.

(2012-12-05, 22:29)kebone Wrote:

Installing it now. I probably wont know a better way but I do love to try new things Wink

darn, I forgot to add the code for controlling the new "define a search" page with a keyboard/emote, I was using a mouse on my dev box, so I didn't notice, I will try and patch asap, but I have a busy day today and I am away fro the weekend and so I am not sure when that will be

Also the "Type" "movie/series/person" doesn't work it always searches movies AND series and never people, I should have hidden that menu option until I turned it on.

(2012-12-06, 15:24)yabsie Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 05:34)kebone Wrote: The menu is ran inside XBMC but when you select a video it's played inside a browser. Hope that's the answer you were looking for!

There are 2 different approaches, if you are going the plug in approach, then you cant get NF to run within XBMC,

If you want to get the XBMC code and start making changes to the core player, then you may have a fighting chance.

Adding a flash and/or HTML5 and/or a silverlighht player to core XBMC would be fantastic, then we could leverage that in all sorts of plugins.

Like you said, i am also a professional programmer , but have limited time, thats why I started hacking away at the plugin, getting into changing core xbmc code was more investment that I felt like making.

That blows. I've seen plugins that use Cartoon Network's CDN natively inside of XBMC, is it the Netflix API?
(2012-12-07, 02:31)MrDamnation Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 03:12)MrDamnation Wrote: I think it should run natively inside of XBMC. I think I offered to help once before (about 2 years ago when I first started my job), but I'd like to give it another shot. I'm still confused about how XBMC works as a program -- the core is in C and the add-ons are in Python? In either case, all we'd need to do is figure out a way to embed a web page that hosts a Silverlight wrapper that uses the Netfilx API, right? In theory? I haven't looked at the Netflix API (again -- I'm a professional programmer so most of my free time is away from coding) but maybe there's even a way that we could strictly embed a Netflix player from the API into some kind of UI container inside of XBMC.

Adding a flash and/or HTML5 and/or a silverlight player to core XBMC would be fantastic, then we could leverage that in all sorts of plugins.

That blows. I've seen plugins that use Cartoon Network's CDN natively inside of XBMC, is it the Netflix API?

You know, your right, I wonder what they do, perhaps its a flash/silverlight thingamadoodle or maybe netflix difficult authorization scheme.

Personally, for now I am not going to worry about it, i just want to get the listing/discovery features in , and we can look at the playback later, or someone else can.

(2012-12-04, 05:34)kebone Wrote: The menu is ran inside XBMC but when you select a video it's played inside a browser. Hope that's the answer you were looking for!

(2012-12-05, 22:29)kebone Wrote:

darn, I forgot to add the code for controlling the new "define a search" page with a keyboard/emote, I was using a mouse on my dev box, so I didn't notice, I will try and patch asap, but I have a busy day today and I am away fro the weekend and so I am not sure when that will be

Also the "Type" "movie/series/person" doesn't work it always searches movies AND series and never people, I should have hidden that menu option until I turned it on.

Posted a fix for keyboard / remote navigation for fix the super ugly and awkward define a search page

coming soon,
  • Saved/named searches
  • filtering on browse by genre
  • Search by person (director actor ) filtering by all movie search criteria
  • Global limits on all of these search criteria (parental control)

Regarding embedding Netflix player inside of XBMC in the same way Hulu is embedded. I am sure that in some way or other this can be accomplished technically but... Netflix specifically prohibits using their API if the target application is going to embed the viewer in a 3rd party app. Basically they insist that the API user view through a browser. I am guessing that a special license would get you around this restriction.

On a different note I use the PatDavid version from the 12th of November of the Netflix add-on and I am seeing my Queue just fine both movies and TV shows. It doesn't show episode synopsis and doesn't remember what I have watched. I am more interested in these two features along with having another layer of TV show listings by inserting a level for seasons. I don't have the link handy but is is buried in this thread somewhere.

I use the system with a remote so searches are awkward under the best of circumstances.
is anyone was able to setup for mexico?
(2012-12-07, 23:17)mooncaptain Wrote: Regarding embedding Netflix player inside of XBMC in the same way Hulu is embedded. I am sure that in some way or other this can be accomplished technically but... Netflix specifically prohibits using their API if the target application is going to embed the viewer in a 3rd party app. Basically they insist that the API user view through a browser. I am guessing that a special license would get you around this restriction.

Thanks for that information. Maybe someone should take up a cause and get to Netflix regarding this. Sounds like the low-risk, high-reward action I could take that doesn't require much of my non-existent time.
As soon as encrypted media extensions is complete and fully supported by browsers then Netflix will drop silverlight for native html5. Webkit integration within xbmc is assumed to be required as well. Once that happens, an addon is feasible.

It's as simple as that. Lol Wink
(2012-12-07, 17:32)yabsie Wrote: coming soon,
  • Saved/named searches
  • filtering on browse by genre
  • Search by person (director actor ) filtering by all movie search criteria
  • Global limits on all of these search criteria (parental control)

yabsie, thanks for all the hard work on this! Keep it up Smile

Personally, I am still having issues with the instant queue not working. I can launch movies from the top 25 of netflix, but my personal queues dont load. When i go to the error log I get something like "403, user not active" which is shennigans lol. I had to manually create my userinfo.txt file though as it wouldnt grab it through chrome.

Thoughts?
(2012-12-10, 08:18)tkbrit Wrote: yabsie, thanks for all the hard work on this! Keep it up Smile

Personally, I am still having issues with the instant queue not working. I can launch movies from the top 25 of netflix, but my personal queues dont load. When i go to the error log I get something like "403, user not active" which is shennigans lol. I had to manually create my userinfo.txt file though as it wouldnt grab it through chrome.

Thoughts?

Everything tkbrit said. Thanks yabsie.
(2012-12-10, 21:19)kebone Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 08:18)tkbrit Wrote: yabsie, thanks for all the hard work on this! Keep it up Smile

Thoughts?

Everything tkbrit said. Thanks yabsie.

Instant queues are being rolled out slowly, not everyone seems to have access to them. When I goto the netflix website or on my boxee box (yes I have both xbmc and boxee box, like xbmc a LOT more) I dont have an option to add to the queue.

BUT when I use the plugin and add to the instant queue from the context menu of an item, I can add it. try that, maybe instants are not working at all yet except for ones defined from within the plugin.

Other than that crank up debugging, try an instant queue and see what it spits out and let me see the log.

• 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16