• 3(current)
Transparency! FAQ / HowTo
no i did not i will look that up now thanks
OK so i read up on scrapers and the like but that did not help as that is the second faze in the procedure. The first, what i was after, was how to add a directory that contained music videos and when it was added it should give me the option, TV files, Movie files, or Music video files....
Some not all the other skins do this but they are seriously lacking in the glitz that this wonderful skin has.

i don't really care if a scraper works or not with the files i just want to have them separate and be able to play them continuously, best in a playlist but at least to just follow on and play the next track / movie file.
(2012-10-18, 00:40)proline Wrote: Could I essentially do something similar without having to use library mode? My movies are viewed in library mode, but for tv shows I use files mode. I would like to make a tvshow.nfo for each show just containing show summary and have it displayed in fanart view. (Note by show I mean just the whole series as a whole, not for each episode)

i think it should be possible, yes.
although i never use filemode myself, i think xbmc should be able to display this kind of info in filemode as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-10-21, 11:50)JasperH Wrote: OK so i read up on scrapers and the like but that did not help as that is the second faze in the procedure. The first, what i was after, was how to add a directory that contained music videos and when it was added it should give me the option, TV files, Movie files, or Music video files....
Some not all the other skins do this but they are seriously lacking in the glitz that this wonderful skin has.

it really doesn't matter what skin you use, the 'set content' options will be the same across the board.
this is all handled by xbmc, not the skin.

if there's no option the set content to music videos, then i have no ideas what's going wrong...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The music scrapper for xbmc is pretty awful to say the least.

What I ended up doing was creating batch files that I could drop the folders into, select the music genre I wanted in that folder, and let it create the nfo files needed for xbmc.
Next, was to go into file mode, and the folder(s) for the music videos as a source, then tell it that the music content was music videos, then xbmc would added them to the video library.
I love Transparency! for XBMC. Been using it for over a year. No other skins permitted on my XBMC system! Great job.

There are 2 things I'd like to be able to do with it.

1) When the home screen loads I have it show the Random Movies in the Right corner. When I hover my mouse over it, the Home background disappears and the movie fanart appears. This is brilliant. Is there any way to make this happen without me having to move my mouse to the Random Movies list? In other words, is there a way to make random movie fanart appear on the Home Screen?

2) Is it possible for me to re-order the menu? Rather than having Videos listed at the top, can I have Movies at the top? I don't want to remove Videos from the list, just move it further down. This way I can have movie fanart displayed when XBMC starts up.

Thanks for your help, and for a most excellent skin :-)
(2012-11-26, 05:58)rabrol Wrote: I love Transparency! for XBMC. Been using it for over a year. No other skins permitted on my XBMC system! Great job.

There are 2 things I'd like to be able to do with it.

1) When the home screen loads I have it show the Random Movies in the Right corner. When I hover my mouse over it, the Home background disappears and the movie fanart appears. This is brilliant. Is there any way to make this happen without me having to move my mouse to the Random Movies list? In other words, is there a way to make random movie fanart appear on the Home Screen?

2) Is it possible for me to re-order the menu? Rather than having Videos listed at the top, can I have Movies at the top? I don't want to remove Videos from the list, just move it further down. This way I can have movie fanart displayed when XBMC starts up.

Thanks for your help, and for a most excellent skin :-)

well you have to mod the skin xml files to get it done.

-the menu order is defined in Includes_Home.xml
-background is defined at the top of Home.xml
(2012-11-26, 20:23)ronie Wrote: well you have to mod the skin xml files to get it done.

-the menu order is defined in Includes_Home.xml
-background is defined at the top of Home.xml

Wow - that Includes_Home.xml is huge. I got rather lost in there!
I'm guessing I would need to alter the posY value for the Videos button, but I'm not sure where it is or how best to do it.
Any further help you can give me on that?

Thanks!
Robin
(2012-11-28, 05:52)rabrol Wrote: Wow - that Includes_Home.xml is huge. I got rather lost in there!
I'm guessing I would need to alter the posY value for the Videos button, but I'm not sure where it is or how best to do it.
Any further help you can give me on that?

'fraid not, i don't have the time to help each and everyone of you with their personal customizations.

if you use the svn version of T! for xbmc frodo:
https://code.google.com/p/transparency-x...e.xml#2443

move the HomeMoviesButton line above the HomeVideosButton line and you're done.
(2012-11-28, 18:27)ronie Wrote: 'fraid not, i don't have the time to help each and everyone of you with their personal customizations.

if you use the svn version of T! for xbmc frodo:
https://code.google.com/p/transparency-x...e.xml#2443

move the HomeMoviesButton line above the HomeVideosButton line and you're done.

No worries, I understand. Transparency! is such a big project all on it's own. Thanks for the great work on the skin. It is awesome.
I'm actually using Openelec v2. Love the ease of updates and the highly tuned environment, the only downside of it is the time it takes for the stable releases to be made available :-(

Cheers Big Grin
Robin
(2012-10-16, 00:54)CHINCB Wrote: In the custom menu button creation menu i selected a favorite script by accident which now runs whenever I click on the custom menu, I realise this is how it is intended to function but my OCD really wants to remove the favorite script associated with the custom button, where in the settings can I either reset the whole skin to default and start from scratch or just tinker with the xml file to remove the link to run the script.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this? I just did the same thing and need to fix it as well
(2012-12-01, 23:50)etrit Wrote: Has anyone figured out how to fix this? I just did the same thing and need to fix it as well

there's currently no way to clear the entry from within the skin.
selecting a different favourite for that button would be the easiest.

else, quit xbmc, open guisettings.xml and remove the entry there.
I feel like I MUST be missing something. I'm all fixed up with a fresh XBMCbuntu Beta 3 and the skin in the repo is broken. I tried removing Addons15.db
(2012-12-15, 06:30)WickdTrns Wrote: I feel like I MUST be missing something. I'm all fixed up with a fresh XBMCbuntu Beta 3 and the skin in the repo is broken. I tried removing Addons15.db

you need at least XBMC RC1.
after installing RC1, hit 'force refresh' on the XBMC.org addon repo.
Ah... That would explain it. I suppose I'll need to wait for the XBMCbuntu RC1. Thanks

Edit: Actually, I just checked the releases and it's in there. I wonder why its not listed under the other RC1 releases?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! FAQ / HowTo2