• 69(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
can someone do an eden version because the eden beta version I have isn't working very well.

pretty pleeeeeese Big Grin i've tried compiling but it just doesnt work for me Sad

i'm even happy to pay someone to do it if that's what it takes.
Good work, all you mergersSmile
@thebearnecessit: I thought that Eden beta couldn't be better, it will be interesting to see any differences in the Spotify functionalities when I get time to compile Frodo beta.
edited out
EXE FILE FOR WINDOWS: i found a post in this thread with a precompiled exe file for windows users. it uses xbmc v12 frodo (its frodo alpha 2): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1103256 (edit: i can't recommend this one because it has the "add source" button completely missing from the video section, and is acting weird when using the library section of music ie it wont let me go into artists or albums Big Grin

A BETTER EXE FILE FOR WINDOWS: there is also another precompiled exe file for windows users. this one uses eden beta 1: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1086951. this the one im running just now and it seems fine.

MAKE YOUR OWN EXE FILE: or there are some nice instructions for windows users who want to compile their own exe file here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid882046.

Anyway onto my points:

[b]1) how long does it take when you click on an [artist] in the search results?
for me it takes between 1 and 2 minutes to list their albums and songs. is this normal? (if i click on a song or album in the search results then that works straight away.

2) I think it would be great if there was a way of easily searching for a song and getting the same song results that come up in the spotify app itself. what i mean is: if i search for an artist i think the results should show their songs with the most popular at the top, just like it does in the app. anyone else thought this? If i go into an artist in the search results, then i can click on "all albums" and order it by rating but that needs to be done everytime so its not ideal.
(2012-12-07, 09:24)StefanK Wrote: Good work, all you mergersSmile
@thebearnecessit: I thought that Eden beta couldn't be better, it will be interesting to see any differences in the Spotify functionalities when I get time to compile Frodo beta.

You were right it was fine. I had some problems at first but they seemed to stop after a couple of reboots.

My only problem now is (as above) it takes ages when i click on an artist in the search results.
edit: double post
I just compiled the merge of XBMC12 B2 + spotify made by NuroPreak - it seems to be working flawless.
(2012-12-08, 04:34)thebearnecessit Wrote: 1) how long does it take when you click on an [artist] in the search results? for me it takes between 1 and 2 minutes to list their albums and songs. is this normal? (if i click on a song or album in the search results then that works straight away.

2) I think it would be great if there was a way of easily searching for a song and getting the same song results that come up in the spotify app itself. what i mean is: if i search for an artist i think the results should show their songs with the most popular at the top, just like it does in the app. anyone else thought this? If i go into an artist in the search results, then i can click on "all albums" and order it by rating but that needs to be done everytime so its not ideal.

1) It seems normal - I also count 60 seconds. Rightclicking artist and choosing: "Spotify: Browse artist" takes the same time...
But the info seems to be cached somewhere - if you repeat the search it goes much faster.

2) That would be a nice feature, wonder if anyone could work that out. I am not sure that I can sort by rating - I only get year, album and artist to sort by.
edit fixed:

I'm having trouble finding a song or two.

For example my wife said to me 'can you play that Taylor Swift song called I Knew You Were Trouble'

can anyone find that song using this addon and tell me how because i must be doing something wrong as I can't find it.

here's the fix Wink turn out the reason i can't find that song on spotify through xbmc is because the artist has refused to put it on spotify! http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/...8042.story

I have created a updated merge from mainline (frodo RC1) from akezeke's spotyxbmc here:

https://github.com/NuroPreak/xbmc.git

If xbmc isn't working after compiling and installing please place libspotify.dll in root of xbmc. libspotify.dll is located at root directory of git (where readme etc is also located).
(2012-12-15, 11:34)NuroPreak Wrote: I have created a updated merge from mainline (frodo RC1) from akezeke's spotyxbmc here:

https://github.com/NuroPreak/xbmc.git

If xbmc isn't working after compiling and installing please place libspotify.dll in root of xbmc. libspotify.dll is located at root directory of git (where readme etc is also located).

Great - I used your merge of Alpha 2 and it is working - without moving libspotify.dll.

But now - when I go to Git Bash and write: $ git clone git://github.com/NuroPreak/xbmc.git
I get a Warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.

Could that be the case?
I made a few mistakes this time, should be alright now.
Double post.
cloning... here we go Smile
when people say they have created an "updated merge" does that mean that they have made it possible for people to compile an xbmc install .exe file for that version of xbmc?

Nuro for example has made it possible for people to compile an xbmc install file that is version 12 frodo RC1 with spotify integrated?
(2012-12-15, 16:10)thebearnecessit Wrote: when people say they have created an "updated merge" does that mean that they have made it possible for people to compile an xbmc install .exe file for that version of xbmc?

Nuro for example has made it possible for people to compile an xbmc install file that is version 12 frodo RC1 with spotify integrated?
That is exactly what it means. Compiling takes a while, but once the build environment has been set up, it isn't difficult to execute the 10-12 commands needed to make the install file.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10