Bug DVD images does not play well.
Hi there.

Using Raspbmc Base image on my Raspberry 512Mb board.
I have DVDFab DVD movies .iso dumps (full disk) on a NFS share.
Win32 XBMC has quite always played these files without any problems, but with Raspberry, they don't work well.
Almost everytime I get black screen, with sound on the backround. MPEG2 licence is entered and some .iso DVD rips play great. Those files do not have menu structures or anything else but the actualy "payload".

Debug log: Case is Opening the Backup DVD full image of retail Madagasgar 3 R2. Screen in black and CPU% is ~20%.
http://pastebin.com/7wdwuuh4

file plays perfect with Win32 Frodo RC1.
There is suppose to be still image with Language selections. Three choises..
DVD iso playback is know to work bad on the RPi. A fix for it is not on the horizon.
(2012-12-16, 21:12)gimli Wrote: DVD iso playback is know to work bad on the RPi. A fix for it is not on the horizon.

Ok, thanx for the headsup. Confused
has there been any progress with raspMC image that loads the most recent XBMC version. If I can recall it correctly, autobuffer optimization is under way for raspXBMC.. Smile
Maybe this version helps. There is a alwaysforcebuffer option mentioned:

Quote: This will force everything ran through dvdplayer to be buffered that would not be normal buffered except Optical Media. This includes SMB, Local Files, OS Network Shares, etc.

But maybe DVD ISO is seen as an Optical Media. Idk and had not time to test it now.
I tested RaspMC's network version (donwloads the most recents of all) and DVD .iso file via NFS worked... quite ..... ok I quess. Still a lot to fix though...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD images does not play well.0