• 3(current)
Timeshift Support
Packaging script won't work like that, configure has no effect on the packaging script.

Read the instructions I've put on the lonely coder wiki.

Adam
thanks adam,

confirmed that building manually works O K.
but how does packaging with timeshift work then?

and with this version tvheadend (3.3.207) my timeshift buffer files are present in the specified folder.
should i add --enable-timeshift to:

$ AUTOBUILD_CONFIGURE_EXTRA=--enable-bundle --enable-timeshift ./Autobuild.sh -t precise-amd64
will there be a "Timeshift On/Off" button in tvh settings ? Personally I don't want a permant disk writing ring buffer ..

.. what about some options like: 1) no timeshift at all, 2) permanent timeshift via ring buffer and 3) (I guess you called it that way) pause-event-driven timeshift, a record that is initiated when pausing live tv (that indeed would be nice to have) ?

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
i'm assuming that tvh only starts writing to disk when pause is pressed and stops when channel change is initiated?
(2012-12-19, 13:02)basco Wrote: should i add --enable-timeshift to:

$ AUTOBUILD_CONFIGURE_EXTRA=--enable-bundle --enable-timeshift ./Autobuild.sh -t precise-amd64

You can do:

Quote:AUTOBUILD_CONFIGURE_EXTRA=--enable-timeshift ./Autobuild.sh -t precise-amd64

Thanks! Timeshift is now working great.
Planning to update my tvheadend version to allow for timeshift, but have a quick question.

I have a single seat xbmc/tvheadend setup.

I record to my synology diskstation NAS, would I be better setting my timeshift buffer drive to my local ssd (128gb), or is it okay to use my NAS?

Thanks
doesn't matter what you choose.
timeshifting is like recording.
i personally have my timeshift folder on my tvheadend server.
better... it's generating less network traffic... i don't know if that is better for you
Ok thanks

I'm guessing the 100gb + of free space on my ssd would be more than adequate for timeshift. So will probably use that as will decrease network traffic.
Is it stable? Or does it crash?
(2012-12-20, 17:23)bilbonvidia Wrote: Is it stable? Or does it crash?
It's in a very early stage. Sometimes it's does'nt make what you expect (stuttering, jumping, artifacting while playback) but it don't crash.
Great work on the timeshift
Happy to see it being implemented.
Get some juddering when playing back. Not sure if that's my system though.
But so happy with it.
Timeshift + series link (from xbmc) and I would be 1 very very happy bunny.
Thanks and keep up the good work. :-)
i had the juddering too.
there where no files in the timeshift folder.
updated to latest tvheadend.
timeshift files are written.
juddering is gone.
Not sure if I have the newest version?
HTS Tvheadend 3.3.216~g6755147
If there is a newer version will update later (when I get home from work/pub)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift Support1