• 232(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2012-12-21, 18:41)Jason102 Wrote: Crap, apparently I made the change and didn't push it up to github. Please try, yet again, because of my incompetence.

It seemed to last a lot longer, but still had an issue when creating the second channel.

LOG
(2012-12-21, 17:27)Jason102 Wrote: The issue with TV networks is fixed now (it also affected genres and studios, for movies as well).

esk1: I can't reproduce the issue you see, but may know the problem. Can you try the latest stable-pre to see if it's fixed?

Many thanks for the fix Jason. All of the channels that were missing have re-populated. The EPG has also greatly improved. It is as responsive as it has ever been! Big Grin

However I did notice a couple new issues.

When pressing "I" on the keyboard the plot appears at the top. After your fix the text has been lost the formatting.
Also the channel logo has shrunk by a good 50%.

I am not sure if the issue needs to be fixed by you or the authors on the skin (Aeon Nox)

Alright esk1, try again. I put in a bit of a cheat, but I hope it will do the trick...
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
(2012-12-21, 21:12)Jason102 Wrote: Alright esk1, try again. I put in a bit of a cheat, but I hope it will do the trick...

Still no go, is there anything specific you want me to try? I don't get why I'm seeing this issue if no one else seems to be.

LOG
Forgot to push to github again. So...yea...there's that.

My bad.
(2012-12-21, 22:53)Jason102 Wrote: Forgot to push to github again. So...yea...there's that.

My bad.

Well It got past channel 2. I'll go try it on my openelec box as well once this finishes. Thanks!

I'm getting an exception on openelec that I'm not seeing on windows. The screen is still going to a black box.

Code:
16:30:19 T:140702365239040   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xa3' in position 70: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre/resources/lib/Overlay.py", line 170, in onInit
                                                if self.readConfig() == False:
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre/resources/lib/Overlay.py", line 250, in readConfig
                                                self.channels = self.channelList.setupList()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 113, in setupList
                                                self.setupChannel(i + 1, False, makenewlists, False)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 379, in setupChannel
                                                if self.makeChannelList(channel, chtype, chsetting1, chsetting2, append) == True:
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 573, in makeChannelList
                                                fileList = self.buildFileList(fle, channel)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 1158, in buildFileList
                                                dur = self.videoParser.getVideoLength(uni(match.group(1)).replace("\\\\", "\\"))
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre/resources/lib/VideoParser.py", line 52, in getVideoLength
                                                if FileAccess.exists(filename) == False:
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre/resources/lib/FileAccess.py", line 91, in exists
                                                if os.path.exists(filename):
                                              File "./Lib/genericpath.py", line 18, in exists
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xa3' in position 70: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2012-12-21, 20:01)Rastan Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 17:27)Jason102 Wrote: The issue with TV networks is fixed now (it also affected genres and studios, for movies as well).

esk1: I can't reproduce the issue you see, but may know the problem. Can you try the latest stable-pre to see if it's fixed?

Many thanks for the fix Jason. All of the channels that were missing have re-populated. The EPG has also greatly improved. It is as responsive as it has ever been! Big Grin

However I did notice a couple new issues.

When pressing "I" on the keyboard the plot appears at the top. After your fix the text has been lost the formatting.
Also the channel logo has shrunk by a good 50%.

I am not sure if the issue needs to be fixed by you or the authors on the skin (Aeon Nox)

did you use the earlier fix to avoid the config skewing to the right? i had the same issue with that but once i put the original files back it was fine. I just use pseudotv manager now so have no need to use the config in XBMC

thanks so much for fixing this with Frodo Jason. absolutely love the app. the only issue i have is that my wmv files (for old music videos) dont seem to get picked up with pseudo. they play fine on XBMC. but i'm not sure if this is a new issue or if its always been that way and i've never noticed before
you're a champ Jason102. thanks for getting this going again.
I'm probably an idiot but how do I install this on a new build of Raspbmc? I downloaded the zip file from https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...master.zip but the script fails on XBMC 12 RC2.
(2012-12-22, 14:12)xbmcscot Wrote: I'm probably an idiot but how do I install this on a new build of Raspbmc? I downloaded the zip file from https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...master.zip but the script fails on XBMC 12 RC2.

thats the wrong version, use this one https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...le-pre.zip
(2012-12-22, 15:48)kurtamery929 Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 14:12)xbmcscot Wrote: I'm probably an idiot but how do I install this on a new build of Raspbmc? I downloaded the zip file from https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...master.zip but the script fails on XBMC 12 RC2.

thats the wrong version, use this one https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...le-pre.zip

Fantastic. Thanks for the reply and Jason for creating the add-on.

Works perfect. Thank you, sir!
I would like to start of by saying, is my favorite addon for xbmc. I am having the exact same issue as esk1 on openelec and Raspbmc (raspberry pi) it starts scanning for channel 1 and around when adding item 11 or so it goes black and nothing else happens, the exact same thing happens on my g-box midnight (android) both are running the latest version RC2.

If you need any kind of log files or help let me know, I'll be more than happy to get that you as having PseudoTV run off of these little device would be a dream come true.

I am using channel sharing but it seems that still has to add the shows or whatever when I click run, is there a way (this is just me thinking) to have the main computer do all of the processing work and doing all quere work etc, and then have the other device just use the same information, not sure how PseudoTV sharing works, but seems as though all device add show back in manually

steps it completes:
Copying channels... 100%
Migrating...100%
Loading channels 1-51...100%
Queering database... 100%
updating channel 1, added 19 entries -> black screen

my content is stored on a Syncology box with smb sharing

Thanks for all the hard work
(2012-12-22, 22:07)NLinders Wrote: I would like to start of by saying, is my favorite addon for xbmc. I am having the exact same issue as esk1 on openelec and Raspbmc (raspberry pi) it starts scanning for channel 1 and around when adding item 11 or so it goes black and nothing else happens, the exact same thing happens on my g-box midnight (android) both are running the latest version RC2.

If you need any kind of log files or help let me know, I'll be more than happy to get that you as having PseudoTV run off of these little device would be a dream come true.

I am using channel sharing but it seems that still has to add the shows or whatever when I click run, is there a way (this is just me thinking) to have the main computer do all of the processing work and doing all quere work etc, and then have the other device just use the same information, not sure how PseudoTV sharing works, but seems as though all device add show back in manually

steps it completes:
Copying channels... 100%
Migrating...100%
Loading channels 1-51...100%
Queering database... 100%
updating channel 1, added 19 entries -> black screen

my content is stored on a Syncology box with smb sharing

Thanks for all the hard work

You should probably post your log. He fixed all my issues on my windows box. I have the exception I posted above on openelec but I'm sure all the information he could get would help especially if its slightly different between the platforms.
esk1: try stable-pre (I've actually pushed my changes this time). I've changed the file reading a bit, so hopefully you'll have more luck.
  • 232(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25