• 3(current)
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation
(2012-12-19, 00:15)Gr8rtek Wrote: =

I think this is probably the first pictures of its kind, even though it may not be the first actual "install". Please keep in mind that I do not use this for viewing video content while driving, but when the wife says "I need to run into [insert store name] and I'll be back in [insert arbitrary incorrect time frame]. You can wait in the car." This, my friends, is for THOSE moments!

There is also a Zotac Zbox ID40 in the family room, a RasPi in the master and also on the patio. All of these are also running OpenELEC 2.95.5 (Frodo RC1). I'll add a picture later.

How did you set this up in your car? I was thinking of doing similiar in my wifes car with an ipad mini. Do you have it connected via 3g service and then you use the addons like hulu or music addons? Do you use it for your regular radio also? Is that the only screen you have it connected to? I wanted to have it connected to two screens in the back for the kiddos to watch movies also. Is this possible? How did you mount it?

Great setup. loving it and gives me inspiration for mine. Smile
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-12-19, 21:22)rflores2323 Wrote: How did you set this up in your car? I was thinking of doing similiar in my wifes car with an ipad mini. Do you have it connected via 3g service and then you use the addons like hulu or music addons? Do you use it for your regular radio also? Is that the only screen you have it connected to? I wanted to have it connected to two screens in the back for the kiddos to watch movies also. Is this possible? How did you mount it?

XBMC is running on my Nexus 7, and it is tethered to my "old" Droid Charge. I have Tasker running on the Droid to automatically launch Mobile Hotspot when power is detected, and the Nexus 7 connects to this via wifi. In the console is a Bluetooth audio adapter from New Potato Technologies that interfaces with the AUX input on my car's stereo and allows the Nexus 7 to connect sans wires for audio output through the stereo speakers (which were upgraded from the factory speakers to Focal IC-165s in the rear and front. I don't use it for regular radio, in fact I haven't listened to "regular radio" in years, as I mainly use Spotify and Songza, as well as ESPN Radio occasionally (although those services are running native on Android, not through XBMC). Given that the most current version of Android supports MiraCast, it might be possible to output the video signal to a MiraCast device that outputs to a HDMI splitter that then sends the video signal to two HDMI-equipped displays in the back seat. I don't have kids, so really have no need to distribute the signal this way - maybe somebody else can provide insight? As for how it is mounted, I fabricated a small piece out of fiberglass and body filler that "attaches" to the factory LCD opening via magnets. You can view more on that whole project here

Glad you enjoyed the photos!

When I see all those setups I know what I need to do in my next appartment, next year Cool
My current setup:
My A8 HTPC connected to an
Onkio TX-NR509 with an Teufel 5.1 Speaker-Set.
I only have an LG 32LH7000 TV this will be the first part to be replaced next year.

For navigation I have a Logitech K400 or my Ipad2 with Constellation App
My 4TB FreeNas is located in my office, because of the noise.
My next HTPC will be definitly smaller, this one it totally overpowered for what I'm doing with it.
Some fantastic setups here folks. Apologies for the nasty white power cable showing - the Christmas lights are powered here too so a temporary cable on show Smile.

Anyway, here's my small contribution:-

TV
Panasonic TH-42PZ70

AV
Onkyo HT-S6405 (TX-NR509 amp, Onkyo HTP-648 front/centre and surround speakers and SKW-501E Sub)

TV Viewing
Humax HDR-1000s 1TB Freesat+ PVR with <freetime>

Blu-ray/DVD
Sony BDPS490

Gaming
Xbox 360 with Kinect

HTPC

HP Proliant N40L Microserver
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64bit Professional
ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB low profile PCIe graphics card
Scythe 120mm case fan (replacing the stock fan and running at min speed to keep noise down)
Samsung 830 series SSD for operating system and programs
2 x 2TB Samsung HD204UI for film/tv series storage (will probably get a couple more of these to fit in the microserver soon)
1 x 600GB WD shared storage running from the eSATA port
XBMC Frodo RC2
Aeon MQ4 skin

Keysonic keyboard/track pad when required, otherwise use XBMC remote on iPad 3 or HTC One X.

Panny TH-50PX60
Dayton Sub 1200
Pioneer VSX-1022 Receiver
Old school Technics SL-MC6 111 CD Changer
Defintive Technology ProMonitor & ProCenter 1000 Speakers
Harmony One
Zotac Zbox ID34BR HTPC (Frodo installed) connected to a Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure w/ 6TB of storage via USB
TivoHD
Skin changes frequently (hoping to get Night working w/ Frodo).

Hey guys, nice to see all the Christmas themed pictures so here is mine

Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (running Frodo RC with homemade ambilights and Aeonmq3)

More pics (from a year ago with the old sofa and the old server Smile can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/dtFSu#0
I need a new job...
CPU: AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz APU - MoBo: Gigabyte A75N-USB3 AMD A75 - RAM: Corsair Value 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz - Storage: 128GB SSD, 500GB HD - Case: Streacom FC7 Silver - ODD: Sony AD-7640S Slot Load DVD+RW Drive
(2012-12-23, 02:23)bluesky2006 Wrote: I need a new job...

LOL. You and me both. It's always been funny to me that there are clearly more wealthy users of XBMC than developers of XBMC.
Here's my setup.... my work setup....

Now for the part that makes the geek in me squeal like a 3rd grade girl:
At home I have a 12TB file server hosting my videos
2 ESXi5 servers in an high availability cluster. Each ESXi server has 14GB of Ram, 1GB Nvidia, 3 128GB SSD's they host my TVersity server and a few other servers.
My home internet is 50MB upstream behind a PFSense firewall, I connect from work to my house via OpenVPN with 1024bit AES encryption on the 100MB connection at the office and stream from the Tversity server to my "work"station with dual 21in Dell monitors which now has Frodo RC2 installed on it.

It's not the most aesthetically pleasing setup but, I am at work after all. Besides, it's not always feasible for me to take the 42in LCD off the breakroom wall, put it on its stand (which is hidden in my desk) and run the VPN connection and XBMC from my laptop..... mostly because then I can't play wow.

oh, last but not least..... No, I don't think we're currently hiring Smile
You're seeing (bit Christmas themed):

HTPC: Omaura TF8 case with Intel E8200 + passive cooled Nvidia GPU. Was built few years back for the first linux release of XBMC but is still more than powerful enough.
XBMC: Windows 8 + latest build, running default skin and Vinci when developing.
Audio: Onkyo TX-SR508 with 2x Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers (bi-amped)
TV: LG 37LS5600. Fitted perfectly in our fireplace Smile
(2012-12-23, 07:01)natethomas Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 02:23)bluesky2006 Wrote: I need a new job...

LOL. You and me both. It's always been funny to me that there are clearly more wealthy users of XBMC than developers of XBMC.

Still, it's nice to see what one could be aspiring towards!
CPU: AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz APU - MoBo: Gigabyte A75N-USB3 AMD A75 - RAM: Corsair Value 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz - Storage: 128GB SSD, 500GB HD - Case: Streacom FC7 Silver - ODD: Sony AD-7640S Slot Load DVD+RW Drive

(2012-12-22, 21:46)Steini Wrote: Hey guys, nice to see all the Christmas themed pictures so here is mine

Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (running Frodo RC with homemade ambilights and Aeonmq3)

More pics (from a year ago with the old sofa and the old server Smile can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/dtFSu#0

Steini,

very interested in your setup! I have an R3610 sat underneath the Christmas tree with my name on (kids picked it up for me and its been driving me insane that I'm not allowed it yet!) Which disto do you have on yours? I'm thinking of going openelec but keen to hear what you have. I'm also very interested in your homemade ambilights as this is something I want to do very early in the new year. I was thinking of going down the arduino route - is this what you've done?

Thanks Smile
(2012-12-24, 01:25)iOS_Neil Wrote: Steini,

very interested in your setup! I have an R3610 sat underneath the Christmas tree with my name on (kids picked it up for me and its been driving me insane that I'm not allowed it yet!) Which disto do you have on yours? I'm thinking of going openelec but keen to hear what you have. I'm also very interested in your homemade ambilights as this is something I want to do very early in the new year. I was thinking of going down the arduino route - is this what you've done?

Thanks Smile

You are going to have some fun with that tomorrow! I am really happy with Openelec and has it been working perfectly for me.

I based my lights on this design: http://amblone.com/guide but with boblight (addons already made for xbmc/openelec)

For fun i put in a cheap 32gb ssd and noticed some speed increases.

Have fun and happy holidays
Brilliant, thanks for the reply, be aware: You may become my "go to" man Laugh Happy Christmas!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation2