[FAQ] Frequently asked questions about Nox 4
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked!

But is there an easy way to keep this Aeon Nox 4.0 automatically up to date? A bit like how Aeon 3.6 works with the Passion Repository?

Thanks.
once the final version is released (im guessing when Frodo final is out) it should be like 3.6

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
oh i see ok thanks, any idea on final release eta? a few weeks? a few months? or year away?

thanks
(2012-12-13, 20:46)KILLERNADS Wrote: oh i see ok thanks, any idea on final release eta? a few weeks? a few months? or year away?

thanks

The usual answer to that is "when its ready" Wink

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
My XBMC is currently running Frodo RC2 (upgraded from Eden) and Aeon Nox 3.6.1.
I'm thinking about upgrading to Nox 4.0 but I would first like to know:

Q: Can I still stay at 3.6.1 level until 4.0 is ready, or is Frodo likely going to break too many things and I should move to 4.0 ASAP?

Q: If I do upgrade now when 4.0 is still in beta stage, and it seems to be worse than 3.6.1 on my box, can I downgrade it back in a simple way, or because of internal DB changes, etc. during upgrade it would need to be reconfigured from scratch? (I'll take anyway backups before starting the upgrade).

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
(2012-12-24, 12:27)bitbanger Wrote: My XBMC is currently running Frodo RC2 (upgraded from Eden) and Aeon Nox 3.6.1.
I'm thinking about upgrading to Nox 4.0 but I would first like to know:

Q: Can I still stay at 3.6.1 level until 4.0 is ready, or is Frodo likely going to break too many things and I should move to 4.0 ASAP?

Q: If I do upgrade now when 4.0 is still in beta stage, and it seems to be worse than 3.6.1 on my box, can I downgrade it back in a simple way, or because of internal DB changes, etc. during upgrade it would need to be reconfigured from scratch? (I'll take anyway backups before starting the upgrade).

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

If you have Frodo RC2 and Nox 3.6.1 installed, and you don't have any serious issues, then don't change anything for now. The final release of Frodo will be practically the same as RC2; if Nox is OK now, it will be OK with Frodo (though I find it hard to believe that you're not having any problems with 3.6.1 in RC2).

Those "internal DB changes" happened when you upgraded to RC2, and concerned XBMC. Maybe there'll be some problems with certain season/episode fanarts, I think there were changes there (not sure though). If you want to try an upgrade, backup guisettings.xml (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\), update to Nox 4, and if you choose to go back to 3.6.1 just restore this backed up guisettings.

Since things run pretty smoothly for you now, my suggestion would be not to change anything, wait for the final releases of Frodo and Nox 4, and then upgrade.
(2012-12-24, 15:59)CutSickAss Wrote: Since things run pretty smoothly for you now, my suggestion would be not to change anything, wait for the final releases of Frodo and Nox 4, and then upgrade.
Excellent. Thanks!

When trying to add movies to a custom tag, I'm not able to navigate my entire movies list using the shift+letter shortcuts. I have to scroll all the way. Is this a Frodo limitation?
(2012-12-27, 08:47)mr.sparkle Wrote: When trying to add movies to a custom tag, I'm not able to navigate my entire movies list using the shift+letter shortcuts. I have to scroll all the way. Is this a Frodo limitation?

Just tested and I'm still able to navigate in custom tags using shift+letter shortcuts, I've not had a problem doing that since tags were added to Frodo.
No, I mean when navigatng the vertical list of movies you want to add to a certain tag.
(2012-12-27, 12:57)mr.sparkle Wrote: No, I mean when navigatng the vertical list of movies you want to add to a certain tag.

Understood what you meant and it's working perfectly for me. When I access the video node for tags and want to add/remove movies, I can press Shift+Letter and fast forward to first movie starting with the letter I've selected in the vertical list of my entire movie library.
Hi There
Nice work with this.

I've just moved from openelec 2 to XBMCBuntu RC2 Frodo and installed the latest Aeon Nox. This is possibly just a change in design rather than a bug but I noticed that the information overlay or pause overlay when in TV episodes shows the season image on the left hand side and not the episode thumbnail (I use clearart on the right). This may be since the display code is using the same code as the movie playback or possibly just a change in your design. Can you clarify if this is a design change when playing back TV or if its a glitch.

Many thanks

Ed
(2012-12-29, 16:20)edz2k9 Wrote: Hi There
Nice work with this.

I've just moved from openelec 2 to XBMCBuntu RC2 Frodo and installed the latest Aeon Nox. This is possibly just a change in design rather than a bug but I noticed that the information overlay or pause overlay when in TV episodes shows the season image on the left hand side and not the episode thumbnail (I use clearart on the right). This may be since the display code is using the same code as the movie playback or possibly just a change in your design. Can you clarify if this is a design change when playing back TV or if its a glitch.

Many thanks

Ed

design change.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Disregard, probably the wrong place to post that question.
I guess i am wanting to know how do i update from both Eden and NOX 3.6 to Frodo and NOX 4.0 with loosing all my current setting like watched episodes and movies. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FAQ] Frequently asked questions about Nox 44