Questions about Frodo Thumbnail Sync...
So, I read up on this new feature:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...20to%20v12

Where Frodo will sync thumbnails between all my boxes and I've got a couple questions.

I understand the process, but I guess I don't get how it works. Let's say I start with 2 boxes, a master box where I add content and update the Library and a remote box. My library is shared via MySQL (Is that a requirement, by the way, for this to work)? I don't see how, once I copy over my Thumbnails folder and Textures13,db file to the remote machine, that it knows to go back and fetch from the master box or how to find it. Can anyone explain? Just for my own peace of mind?

I use an OSX desktop to update my library. A FreeNAS box to store my media and MySQL DB. I also have a Mac Mini, Ion, and 2 ATV2s so it's a varied setup.

Also, my second question - I have not yet added the two ATV2's to the mix yet. When I do, is it ok to start with a copy of whatever is on the master OSX desktop in the Thumbnails folder and the Textures13.db file from there, or do I need to start all over again with every box? The tutorial at the link above mentions doing every installation at once, but not what to do when you add a new box in.

Thanks, this is an exciting new feature, just trying to figure it all out I guess.
Unless your library has been around for a year or two, you don't even have to copy thumbnails folder to each device at all. The download URL for images is stored in the DB, and XBMC now knows to download those images when there isn't a cached copy. Since they all use the same image url, all images are in sync.

The extra safe instructions are just in case you have older library entries where the download image url might no longer work.
I'm having an issue with the thumbnails. I run two XBMC systems, ones a Windows 7 based system, the other is an Apple TV2. Both are synced using a MySQL Database, and no path substitutions were in use, I just manually copies the Thumbnails folder from the Windows to the ATV2 machines to sync them. After upgrading to Frodo, first on the Windows machine, I let it redo the thumbnail DB, and it works perfectly fine. I then upgraded the ATV2 to Frodo, and while everything works fine, thumbnails do not, even though I copied over the Textures13.db. It's like it doesn't even try to load them? All the movie thumbnails are just black boxes, not even scenes from the movie.

Here's my log: https://matthewh12.privatepaste.com/f0a877ea3d
Can you enable debugging (Settings -> System -> Debugging) and reupload xbmc.log? It looks like XBMC is having issues connecting to anything on the internet.
(2012-12-28, 09:57)Ned Scott Wrote: Can you enable debugging (Settings -> System -> Debugging) and reupload xbmc.log? It looks like XBMC is having issues connecting to anything on the internet.

Here ya go!

https://matthewh12.privatepaste.com/d3c5b6277a

SQL: Attempt to write a readonly database <-- Which database does it mean? The MySQL DB should be totally writeable as XBMC has 'root' access to it (It's only used for XBMC and is port blocked at my router).
XBMC under Network has all the correct settings including IP, DNS, and Gateway and the Apple network tests pass. Also, the Database folder is 0755 and the DB files are all 0644.
This is just a guess, but it's getting a ton of these "ERROR: SQL: Attempt to write a readonly database" errors. Since you copied the textures db over, I'm thinking the file permissions is off for the ATV2. Try doing this and see if that corrects the issue: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=IOS...r_settings
(2012-12-29, 04:42)Ned Scott Wrote: This is just a guess, but it's getting a ton of these "ERROR: SQL: Attempt to write a readonly database" errors. Since you copied the textures db over, I'm thinking the file permissions is off for the ATV2. Try doing this and see if that corrects the issue: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=IOS...r_settings

I ran that command, deleted the logs, and reloaded XBMC and now the logs say:
==snip
22:14:03 T:804765696 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetArtists", "params": {"properties": ["genre", "description", "fanart", "thumbnail"], "sort": {"method": "random"}, "limits": {"end": 20}}, "id": 1}
22:14:03 T:804765696 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling audiolibrary.getartists
22:14:03 T:152453120 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/2/22d7f1b6.jpg Error: (2)
22:14:03 T:152453120 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/2/22d7f1b6.jpg
22:14:03 T:151920640 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://cf1.imgobject.com/posters/615/4c6...iginal.jpg
22:14:03 T:151920640 DEBUG: LoadFromFileInternal - Load of special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/d/d7ca510c.jpg failed. Falling back to ImageLib
22:14:03 T:151920640 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/d/d7ca510c.jpg Error: (2)
22:14:03 T:151920640 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/d/d7ca510c.jpg
22:14:03 T:151920640 DEBUG: LoadFromFileInternal - Load of special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/3d8addd8.jpg failed. Falling back to ImageLib
22:14:03 T:151920640 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/3d8addd8.jpg Error: (2)
22:14:03 T:151920640 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/3d8addd8.jpg
22:14:03 T:151920640 DEBUG: LoadFromFileInternal - Load of special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/b/b9a5cd71.jpg failed. Falling back to ImageLib
22:14:03 T:151920640 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/b/b9a5cd71.jpg Error: (2)
22:14:03 T:151920640 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/b/b9a5cd71.jpg
==Snip==

Should I copy across the Thumbnails folder from the other machine? Also, I can paste full log if needed.

EDIT: I think I found part of the issue. TheMovieDB used to use imgobject.com for it's hosting. According to this: http://help.themoviedb.org/discussions/p...ges-broken They haven't since 2011, and my DB seems to still point to their old host. I'm trying to see if copying over the Thumbnails folder will fix it, but is there a way to fix my DB without redoing it/requerying every single movie (I have close to 900)? Actually I'm not sure re-querying will work, as the image chooser seems broken. Picking Local OR remote image, just closes the window without bringing up the image list.
If you export the library as multiple files from the working XBMC box, then XBMC will place the artwork along side your media. From there you can then rescan your library (should be identical), and XBMC will use a network URL for the images that are stored next to the media files.
My two OSX installs seem to be handling this very well, but my two ATV2 and my one Openelec box (latest beta running Frodo) do not seem to be getting any new thumbnails at all (just showing blanks for TV banners for example).

Is there anything I might be doing wrong? On the OSX box where I update the library, and the Mac Mini running OSX, the thumbnails seem to be syncing.

All 5 boxes are using the same MySQL library, and I coped over the Thumbnails folder and file a couple weeks ago. Not using path substitution on any of them.

Anything I can test/send?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about Frodo Thumbnail Sync...0