• 3(current)
Comskip for Linux released
Congratulations, cbxbiker61 - you've made idiot-proof instructions that worked for this idiot! Not sure what was happening with linking before, I can see that there are some additional libraries (and maybe a changed order?) on the final command-line, but no matter - it compiled and installed. I'll test it shortly.

It may be worth updating your initial post with sudo apt-get install libargtable2-0 yasm to make sure the dependencies are all in place. I don't know if it's worth installing ffmpeg at this point, since I don't know if any common distro ships with a late enough version (assuming they haven't moved to libav and what that may mean, if anything). Anyway, thanks for all the input and work here, let's see how well it works in anger!

@MarcAngelo - what errors did you get, and at what point in the process?
(2013-01-01, 17:36)Prof Yaffle Wrote: @MarcAngelo - what errors did you get, and at what point in the process?

Well, when I found this item in Google results, it was unable to open the thread, so opened the cached version, which didn't
describe what to do if you ffmpeg is older than 0.9.

When I finally had enough and searched the thread on the forum itself, I found the original post was updated with a newer
version of comskip and included instructions for older version of ffmpeg.
That worked like a charm!

I'm processing mkv-files as we speak and can tell that XBMC shows adjusted playtimes for processed recordings.
(the playback time of the mkv-files I've already processed is minutes shorter!).

Comskip was the last feature I was missing for XBMC 11.0 Eden. PVR and stuff was already sorted out...
Now... My system rocks! Smile

Really kewl that comskip is available for Linux now, and most of all.. It's capable of processing mkv-files!! SmileSmile

Marc
Acer Aspire Idea 500 with 2 Yuan MPC718 MiniPCI hybrid DVB-T Tuners running
XBMCbuntu 11.0 "Eden", TVheadend 3.2 and Comskip 0.91e.
I can now create the .txt files (which seem correct) from the tvheadend mvk file - the issue is the problem you already raised Prod Yaffle - where the xbmc play back is delayed 30seconds.

I tried playing from the mounted recording location in xbmc but it didnt seem to pick up the .txt file (which I expected to work from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Edi...le_Formats)

Is there a recommended player I could test locally with - e.g. vlc or mplayer?

Thanks
Neil
(2013-01-01, 20:36)xxxnelly Wrote: I can now create the .txt files (which seem correct) from the tvheadend mvk file - the issue is the problem you already raised Prod Yaffle - where the xbmc play back is delayed 30seconds.

I tried playing from the mounted recording location in xbmc but it didnt seem to pick up the .txt file (which I expected to work from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Edi...le_Formats)

Thanks
Neil

I use the script in the first post for tvheadend post processing. Other than the .edl file it moves all of the extra files into a log directory. I'm not sure, but it may be that xbmc is working more reliably from the .edl files than the .txt files.

first thanks for the linux version! would love to install this on my server,

i'm running ubuntu 10.04 server, libargtable 9.1 is the version on ubuntu 10.04, cant get >10. any way of compiling comskip with the older version of argtable2 so i can compile on ubuntu 10.04. Dont feel like upgrading my server at the moment...

Code:
checking for ARGTABLE2... no
configure: error: Package requirements (argtable2 >= 10) were not met:

No package 'argtable2' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ARGTABLE2_CFLAGS
and ARGTABLE2_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
(2013-01-01, 21:11)cbxbiker61 Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 20:36)xxxnelly Wrote: I can now create the .txt files (which seem correct) from the tvheadend mvk file - the issue is the problem you already raised Prod Yaffle - where the xbmc play back is delayed 30seconds.

Thanks
Neil

I use the script in the first post for tvheadend post processing. Other than the .edl file it moves all of the extra files into a log directory. I'm not sure, but it may be that xbmc is working more reliably from the .edl files than the .txt files.

Thanks - I tried the script but it doesn't seem to create a .edl file, only the .txt and .log files.

Any thoughts?

(2013-01-01, 21:52)Razor_109 Wrote: first thanks for the linux version! would love to install this on my server,

i'm running ubuntu 10.04 server, libargtable 9.1 is the version on ubuntu 10.04, cant get >10. any way of compiling comskip with the older version of argtable2 so i can compile on ubuntu 10.04. Dont feel like upgrading my server at the moment...

Code:

I am using ubuntu and did sudo apt-get install libargtable2-dev
(2013-01-01, 22:06)xxxnelly Wrote: I am using ubuntu and did sudo apt-get install libargtable2-dev

you are using ubuntu 11.10 i see, i'm using 10.04 and the latest argtable is version 9.1, i was wondering if i could bypass the version check of >10 or whether this is not possible

HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Sorry - read too quickly.

(2013-01-01, 21:52)Razor_109 Wrote: first thanks for the linux version! would love to install this on my server,

Code:

You can manually patch the configure script and change the req from 10 to 9. That will probably work for you. I actually didn't know what the min version for argtable should be, my system has argtable 13. I'll make that fix permanent if it works for you.
(2013-01-01, 22:06)xxxnelly Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 21:11)cbxbiker61 Wrote:

Thanks
Neil

Thanks - I tried the script but it doesn't seem to create a .edl file, only the .txt and .log files.

Any thoughts?

I worked it out, I had to add output_edl=1 to the compskip.ini
(2013-01-01, 22:41)xxxnelly Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 22:06)xxxnelly Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 21:11)cbxbiker61 Wrote: I use the script in the first post for tvheadend post processing. Other than the .edl file it moves all of the extra files into a log directory. I'm not sure, but it may be that xbmc is working more reliably from the .edl files than the .txt files.

Any thoughts?

I worked it out, I had to add output_edl=1 to the compskip.ini

output_edl=1 is set in the default comskip.ini, not sure what you ran into.
(2013-01-01, 22:33)cbxbiker61 Wrote: You can manually patch the configure script and change the req from 10 to 9. That will probably work for you. I actually didn't know what the min version for argtable should be, my system has argtable 13. I'll make that fix permanent if it works for you.

How would i change this? i searched the configure script but cant find any reference to the version.
HTPC + Mediaserver

TV-Server
(2013-01-01, 23:08)Razor_109 Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 22:33)cbxbiker61 Wrote: You can manually patch the configure script and change the req from 10 to 9. That will probably work for you. I actually didn't know what the min version for argtable should be, my system has argtable 13. I'll make that fix permanent if it works for you.

How would i change this? i searched the configure script but cant find any reference to the version.

Code:
sed -i -e 's#argtable2 >= 10#argtable2 >= 9#g' configure
OK, I think I figured out what you guys have been saying about the 30 second delay.

My default setup is creating .ts files. With the .ts files the commercial flagging seems to have timestamps that work correctly with xbmc.

I have processed some of my older .mkv files and what I see here is that xbmc is interpreting the timestamps off by 30 seconds. When I manually change to .edl files and add 30 seconds to each of the timestamps playback is correct.

What I may have to do is add a new parameter to comskip.ini that tells it to create an .edl file for the 30 second xbmc bug (I'm assuming it's a bug in xbmc, which may prove to be wrong). In this case it would add 30 seconds to each of the timestamps.

If we figure out a more correct way of dealing with this we can then just turn off the 30 second delay in comskip.ini.
(2013-01-01, 23:31)cbxbiker61 Wrote: OK, I think I figured out what you guys have been saying about the 30 second delay.

My default setup is creating .ts files. With the .ts files the commercial flagging seems to have timestamps that work correctly with xbmc.

I have processed some of my older .mkv files and what I see here is that xbmc is interpreting the timestamps off by 30 seconds. When I manually change to .edl files and add 30 seconds to each of the timestamps playback is correct.

What I may have to do is add a new parameter to comskip.ini that tells it to create an .edl file for the 30 second xbmc bug (I'm assuming it's a bug in xbmc, which may prove to be wrong). In this case it would add 30 seconds to each of the timestamps.

If we figure out a more correct way of dealing with this we can then just turn off the 30 second delay in comskip.ini.

Might be worth posting an example comskip.ini file - what is the option to add the 30second delay.

Thanks - that final setting and I'll be all working.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comskip for Linux released6