• 2(current)
[RELEASE] - The Scheduler
Dear all,

I downloaded the 0.0.8 release of the sript and I added to my Openelec XBMC RaspberryPI version.
I can configure the script but I have two questions:
- I want to powerdown at 3.00 PM. I suppose that I have to use Custo Builtun. So I edited the Custom Scripting 1 and I put RunScript(XBMC.Powerdown) in the Built-in script field. I select Daily as Type of schedule and I select 15:00 as Time of day. Unfortunately it doesn't work.
What do I have to change ? What is incorrect ?
- I want to set the log file but the screen "Extra Setting" is not selectable (I click on the arrow at right side the tabs but no action is taken).
I'm a novice of XBMC so I think that something is wrong or is incorrect.
Could you help me to fix the problem ?

thank you very much for your help and ooperation

regards
Just try the following as the built-in command(no RunScript)
Code:
Powerdown
Ok. I modified the setting and the system should power off.
Is it possible to execute a shell script i.e: touch /storage/downloads/test.txt ? (I suppose that I have to use System.Exec("touch /storage/downloads/test.txt"). Is it correct ?

thank you very much

regards

Dear giftie,
I modified the setting accordion your suggestion "Just try the following as the built-in command(no RunScript)" but the system was not powered off.

How to check if the script is installed correctly ?
How to check if the settings are OK ?
How to set the log file ? (as I mentioned the Extra Setting tab is not accessible)
Could you, please, show me an example of settings (iust a JPEG screenshot)

thank you very much for your help and cooperation

regards
(2012-11-29, 01:19)Ferrari Wrote: Dear giftie,
I modified the setting accordion your suggestion "Just try the following as the built-in command(no RunScript)" but the system was not powered off.

How to check if the script is installed correctly ?
How to check if the settings are OK ?
How to set the log file ? (as I mentioned the Extra Setting tab is not accessible)
Could you, please, show me an example of settings (iust a JPEG screenshot)

thank you very much for your help and cooperation

regards

I just tried the BuiltIn command 'Powerdown'. Though my system did not power down(I think I uncovered a bug in XBMC), XBMC started the process of shutting down. You can also try the 'ShutDown' command.

The script logs to the XBMC log file(need to have XBMC's debugging on), this will also show the triggers as they are activated. What skin are you using?

Edit.....

I know for sure that 'Powerdown' works perfectly when there is not a normal script(one started from programs) running. I forgot to remove the custom a schedule and found my system off the next day.

I use these extra script command:
RunScript(script.artworkorganizer)
Instead of setting a time or every 8 hours for example, would it possible to say run a script after xbmc is running for 15 minutes?

Also would like to see if possible running a script while shutting down, ie select shutdown or reboot and the script is ran then it continues to shut down/reboot. for example you selct shutdown, then it runs xbmc backup when thats done it shuts down.

Thanks

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
With respect to the built in cd art manager functions, which order should i do ' enable cdART manager downloading scheduling ' and ' cd manager schedule update '

Thanks

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Great AddOn, thank you! Smile

I see a lot of functions and AddOns that already update 'at Startup' but would it be possible to add an option to run certain items from the scheduler 'on Shutdown' ?

This would bring various AddOns that are communicating with external devices/websites/etc up to date after the final use of XBMC (and mean all is ready to be updated again when XBMC is opened again, eg: on a different machine in a different location)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Hello,
is it possible to run the ArtworkDownloader automatically with this script?
(2013-01-07, 01:37)Slipass Wrote: Hello,
is it possible to run the ArtworkDownloader automatically with this script?

No
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is there a reason? Ive got mine setup to run at 1.05 am looking at the last run thing in artwork.downloader it ran last night and downloaded stuff.

Matt
Hi giftie,

I also seem to be having problems with PowerDown, it was working.but now its not.

Is there a way to force it to shut down? Even if there is a script running? Or keep trying if somthing important is running when it tries to shut down.

Matt
Hello,
i want to create an auto export from the video library.

The build in code from xbmc is: exportlibrary(video,true,false,false)

But nothing happens

Is there a way to schedule xbmc to quit at a certain time?

Would I just type quit?
(2013-01-09, 18:17)Ghostdivision Wrote: Is there a way to schedule xbmc to quit at a certain time?

Would I just type quit?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions

4th from top

Matt
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - The Scheduler2