• 54(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
Noob: I have tried scanning these posts for a similar set of problems, but no clear answers. I am stuck on the XBMC - Error connecting to server. Please make sure that remoteCeton is running. <URLOPEN Error timed out>. remoteceton IS running.

Using windows 7 Premium 64 bit, Ceton Infinitv 4 PCI, VLC 2.0.4, Comcast. Cable card is paired and working. WMC streams all my Comcast channels. Currently, only using one desktop for all the above.

Downloaded and installed CetonTV 2.2.3. Ran remoteCeton.exe and configured the settings.conf file as shown below.

===================================================
DEVICE SELECTION
#Which device are you using?
#Valid device values: CETON, HDHOMERUN
SERVER_DEVICE=CETON
CETON CONFIGS (ignore if you are using HDHomerun)
#IP address of the Ceton device
CETON_IP=192.168.200.1
#CETON_TUNER is set as a comma seperated value list.
#Valid values for list: 1,2,3,4 -ted remember this
CETON_TUNER=4
GLOBAL CONFIGS
SERVER_CONTROL_PORT=8555
SERVER_SECURED=true
SERVER_USERNAME=admin
SERVER_PASSWORD=admin
VLC_PROCESS=C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
#VLC PORTS are for the first tuner.
#For each port besides the first, the port = tuner 1 port + the tuner number - 1.
#Example: If VLC_STREAM_CTRL is 2386 for tuner 1, tuner 2 is 2387, etc.
VLC_STREAM_CTRL=2386
VLC_STREAM_PORT=8556
#Allow downloading of programming guide data
#Valid values are true or false
EPG_ENABLED=true
#Sets the hour of day to download the epg. This is downloaded daily
#Values are from 0 to 23.
EPG_HOUR_OF_DAY=4

Ran remoteCeton.exe again

Copied script.cetontv to %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons, CetonTV came up in my add on's, Configured the settings with 1) the IP address of my desktop (192.168.0.103). That's a static IP address. 2. set the SERVER_CONTROL_PORT to 8555, the same as in the settings.conf file.  Chose Tuner 4 in XBMC and the same in the settings.conf file. 

Copied libremoteVLC_plugin.dll to the \VLC\plugins\control\ folder. In VLC, when I open the Tools - plugin's and extensions, I can see the remoteVLC in the VLC list.

I run XBMC and click the CetonTV add-on. I always get the Error connecting to server.

Checking the XBMC log - I think this is the key part of XBMC log file.

19:48:51 T:6824 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:48:51 T:6824 ERROR: C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cetontv\resources\lib\Overlay.py:58: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
19:48:51 T:6824 ERROR: C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cetontv\resources\lib\Overlay.py:34: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
xbmc.Player.__init__(self, xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)
19:48:51 T:6824 NOTICE: Media Path is C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cetontv\resources\skins\default\media/
19:48:51 T:6824 NOTICE: SECURITY ENABLED: true
19:48:51 T:6824 NOTICE: SETTING SECURITY INFO
19:48:51 T:6824 NOTICE: RESOLUTION SETTING: DIRECT STREAMING
19:48:51 T:6824 NOTICE: QUALITY SETTING: NOT TRANSCODING
19:48:51 T:6824 NOTICE: GET STREAM URL: http://192.168.0.103:8555/getStreamUrl?tuner=4
19:49:11 T:6824 FATAL: script.cetontv-TVOverlay: FATAL ERROR: Error connecting to server. Please make sure that remoteCeton is running. <urlopen error timed out>
19:49:23 T:6724 ERROR: Unable to create file special://temp/screenshot001.png
19:49:55 T:6876 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
19:49:55 T:6876 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
19:49:58 T:6824 ERROR: script.cetontv-Active Thread: MainThread
19:50:07 T:7032 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:50:34 T:2488 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:50:34 T:6724 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cetontv
19:50:49 T:6664 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:50:49 T:6664 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:51:19 T:5096 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:51:28 T:6724 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
19:51:28 T:6724 NOTICE: Saving settings
19:51:28 T:6724 NOTICE: stop all

If I paste this in my browser - I get success status.
http://localhost:8555/play?channel=50&tuner=4

Can someone advise on how to fix the Error connecting to server. Please make sure that remoteCeton is running. <URLOPEN Error timed out,. when remoteceton is running? And get CetonTV XBMC add-on too run.

Thanks in advance.
I get this error when opening the script in XBMC.

CreateProcess<> returned error 2

on XBMC the error is:
Coud not play channel: xx
Failed to play channel. Please try again.

After I click ok it's just a black screen until I right click and close the script.

Any ideas would be a big help.
Thanks
Sorry if this sounds stupid or has been covered before. I tried to do a search in the thread and can't find the answer.

I'm fairly new to XBMC, and I can watch TV fine following the instruction, but when trying to setup pvr with xbmc eden, I followed the instruction listed here

1. Copy pvr.cetontv to %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons (copied to program files\xbmc\addons)
2. Open XBMC
3. Go to Add-ons
4. Go to Installed Add-ons

I don't see Add-ons on main menu, or installed Add-ons.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance
Unfortunately it appears as though this project is dead. MCheng89 mentioned a few pages back that we should look at this other project (http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...-1.112585/). However, I have been unable to get this other project to work. That is too bad. I am guessing somebody from Ceton shut this one down?
This might sound silly(and most likely answered on one of the previous 80 Pages), but can you watch TV on your android phone/tablet using the Ceton InfiniTV 4 or Homerun Prime? I couldn't find anything that said you could(at least yet), but I also didn't see anything that said you couldn't....

Thanks...and sorry if this has already been hashed over...
(2013-01-09, 22:44)maseline_98 Wrote: This might sound silly(and most likely answered on one of the previous 80 Pages), but can you watch TV on your android phone/tablet using the Ceton InfiniTV 4 or Homerun Prime? I couldn't find anything that said you could(at least yet), but I also didn't see anything that said you couldn't....

Yes, there are multiple ways to get the stream to your Android device. You can access it via a web browser, or you can access it via an Android app (MX Player for Example). I haven't had any luck getting the whole project to work with an HDHomeRun Prime, but I do have it working just fine with the Ceton InifiniTV 4 PCIe.

(2013-01-09, 22:49)jfoley Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 22:44)maseline_98 Wrote: This might sound silly(and most likely answered on one of the previous 80 Pages), but can you watch TV on your android phone/tablet using the Ceton InfiniTV 4 or Homerun Prime? I couldn't find anything that said you could(at least yet), but I also didn't see anything that said you couldn't....

Yes, there are multiple ways to get the stream to your Android device. You can access it via a web browser, or you can access it via an Android app (MX Player for Example). I haven't had any luck getting the whole project to work with an HDHomeRun Prime, but I do have it working just fine with the Ceton InifiniTV 4 PCIe.

That's pretty much what I needed to know. I'm planning on buying either the InfinitTV or the Homerun prime and this was my tipping point....

How is the quality? jerky? What android device are you using?

It's been a long time since I've been on XBMC(haven't run it since the old xbox...man that was the good ol' days...lol)
The android streaming works pretty good. There are a lot of variable that comes into play such as CPU on the host machine, memory on the host machine, network variable (wireless, wired, 100mb vs 1000mb, WAN, LAN).

I have found this application to be very CPU intensive, when streaming above 576p. I have a beefy i7 hex core cpu and if I stream at 720p, 4000kb/s bit rate my CPU will be running around 60%. So you figure if you run two streams (infinitv is capable of 4 streams) at these settings and you will max out the CPU. I have found that using Windows Media Center is much more resource friendly though.

I wouldn't rule out the Homerun Prime based solely on this project though. Silicon Dust is supposedly releasing firmware soon (next few weeks) that will enable it to stream via DLNA. This will open up streaming to a whole new level if it pans out.

Also, it seems like this project is dead. The developer of it (Mcheng) has disappeared, leaving only information about a different project in his trail. I have been unable to get the new project to work with either the Ceton device or the HDHomerun Prime.

Overall I am happy though. It is nice to be able to lay in bed with my Tablet and watch TV.
(2013-01-09, 23:06)jfoley Wrote: The android streaming works pretty good. There are a lot of variable that comes into play such as CPU on the host machine, memory on the host machine, network variable (wireless, wired, 100mb vs 1000mb, WAN, LAN).

I have found this application to be very CPU intensive, when streaming above 576p. I have a beefy i7 hex core cpu and if I stream at 720p, 4000kb/s bit rate my CPU will be running around 60%. So you figure if you run two streams (infinitv is capable of 4 streams) at these settings and you will max out the CPU. I have found that using Windows Media Center is much more resource friendly though.

I wouldn't rule out the Homerun Prime based solely on this project though. Silicon Dust is supposedly releasing firmware soon (next few weeks) that will enable it to stream via DLNA. This will open up streaming to a whole new level if it pans out.

Also, it seems like this project is dead. The developer of it (Mcheng) has disappeared, leaving only information about a different project in his trail. I have been unable to get the new project to work with either the Ceton device or the HDHomerun Prime.

Overall I am happy though. It is nice to be able to lay in bed with my Tablet and watch TV.

I have just built a new machine with an AMD A10 Quad Processor and 8 Gigs or Ram(might max it out to 32 Gigs). Our home is wired with Cat5 to every room(I'm not sure if it's Cat5e and don't even really know how to test it without buying a new 1GB/Sec switch or router). At this point though, it's only registering at 100mb. Obviously, the android device(which I have not bought yet) would be wireless.

I'm confused. How would the DLNA expand the possibilites?

I'm pretty much a n00b to all of this and still researching things. Sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for when you don't really know what you need to look for.

Sounds like you should be good to go from a CPU perspective and with the wired lan. Although as you eluded to, YMMV on wireless conditions and also the power of the specific Android device. Streaming the video with this product is also resource intensive on the viewing machine although I use my Motorola Xoom and it works just fine. I also use an old laptop and it spins up the CPU when I stream 720p to it.

As far as DLNA, should this pan out, it will potentially give you the ability to directly stream the HDHomerun prime to lets say a TV. Without the need for anything else other than wired/wireless Ethernet and a TV capable of DLNA with DMS, DTCP-IP. According to this engadged review http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/05/hdhom...r-live-tv/ , the only device they know of currently that can do it is the PS3. I would guess more options are currently available or will be in the future.

I just found an Android app that will allow you to stream directly to the device, without any backend like this project. It is called HDHomerunTV, available in the playstore. Currently it only works while on your local lan, and it isn't as fancy as this project. Very limited, but it works.
(2013-01-10, 16:30)jfoley Wrote: Sounds like you should be good to go from a CPU perspective and with the wired lan. Although as you eluded to, YMMV on wireless conditions and also the power of the specific Android device. Streaming the video with this product is also resource intensive on the viewing machine although I use my Motorola Xoom and it works just fine. I also use an old laptop and it spins up the CPU when I stream 720p to it.

As far as DLNA, should this pan out, it will potentially give you the ability to directly stream the HDHomerun prime to lets say a TV. Without the need for anything else other than wired/wireless Ethernet and a TV capable of DLNA with DMS, DTCP-IP. According to this engadged review http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/05/hdhom...r-live-tv/ , the only device they know of currently that can do it is the PS3. I would guess more options are currently available or will be in the future.

I just found an Android app that will allow you to stream directly to the device, without any backend like this project. It is called HDHomerunTV, available in the playstore. Currently it only works while on your local lan, and it isn't as fancy as this project. Very limited, but it works.

Interesting stuff...I don't currently own a ps3. I own a xbox and was thinking of purchasing a Nexus 7 and/or a Galaxy s3 phone(when my renewal is up in a few weeks)....I would have probably already pulled the trigger on an HDHomerun Prime, but when I went to purchase it, amazon had it for $149.99 and when I looked at it a few weeks ago, it was only $129.99, but did not have my new PC hardware yet. I'm not sure what the reason for the price increase since I saw that they will be release a 4 tuner version soon that they displayed at CES...

EDIT: I saw this product coming out in February as well....It looks pretty neat and couples with XBMC, it might be worth a pretty nice look....

http://www.phonearena.com/news/This-is-t...id38287#10-
I hear ya, I did get in on the $129.99 HDHR back in November. In your decision you might also consider the USB form of the Ceton device. That is my biggest complaint with the PCIe version is that it is tied to a single host machine because you have to actually plug it in on the inside of your box. The USB version would be much more portable. Ultimately, that is what lead me to pull the trigger on the HDHR because it is a network device and not tied to a single USB/PCIe. I just wish this project was continuing development as this has the makings of a really nice piece of software. I really believe MCheng either got shut down by one Ceton or such or he sold the project to one of them.
(2013-01-10, 19:40)jfoley Wrote: I hear ya, I did get in on the $129.99 HDHR back in November. In your decision you might also consider the USB form of the Ceton device. That is my biggest complaint with the PCIe version is that it is tied to a single host machine because you have to actually plug it in on the inside of your box. The USB version would be much more portable. Ultimately, that is what lead me to pull the trigger on the HDHR because it is a network device and not tied to a single USB/PCIe. I just wish this project was continuing development as this has the makings of a really nice piece of software. I really believe MCheng either got shut down by one Ceton or such or he sold the project to one of them.

From the reviews I've read...they USB version has really bad drivers and seems to miss recordings periodically....It's hard enough to get a WAF without additional problems occurring...It took a long time for me not hear "This thing is a piece of junk...why don't you just go back to what you had before...I can't believe you spend $700 on this thing"...for my Emotiva UMC-1...lol....they fixed their driver and firmware issues, but I had the thing for nearly a year before that happened...
What are you guys using to connect to the service on Android devices?
I'm getting a weird audio issue on some of the channels and I was wondering if anyone else is getting them. Whenever I'm watching HGTV and it goes to a commercial break, certain commercials will play a buzzing sound. Now the audio on the commercial is still synced but it sounds like it is turned down and the buzzing plays over it. It will do this for two commercials then go back to normal. It will never do it when a show is playing but it will always do this during a commercial for two commercials. Has anyone else noticed this or know how to fix it?
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10