• 75(current)
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
I found out an answer somewhat to the NBC issue.

For some reason if you wait a day or so after a video was posted, the video seems to have a much better chance of playing, vs if you try and play it only a few hours after NBC posts it.
BlueCop...

Do you think you can do an edit to post #1 with updated info and possible a small FAQ, with some links to info? Might cut down on some of the repeat questions.

Thanks again for making my favorite addon..your the reason I actually ditched cable.

Ross
I'm getting nothing from Food Network, History Channel, GSN, or Star Trek (CBS)
Can anyone confirm?
I can confirm History Channel and I'd like someone to take a look at my log and see what they can:
http://pastebin.com/s2V3W8mU
As for GSN and Food Network, they seem to be working fine for me. I concur, CBS/Star Trek doesn't seem to be working either..
(2013-01-13, 03:18)strra Wrote: I'm getting nothing from Food Network, History Channel, GSN, or Star Trek (CBS)
Can anyone confirm?

GSN and Food Network are working for me now.. Still nothing from the other two, though
Thanks for the great App!
Hi,

Thanks for this super awesome addon.

Is it possible to fix the feed for 60 minutes under CBS? Even though the Full Episodes shows a nice list of shows it's NOT current compared to what is published on the CBS 60-minutes website.

http://www.cbsnews.com/60-minutes/

Thanks.
Can't get anything to play from the Marvel section. I am using Frodo rc3, Windows 7.

Code:
start of FREE CABLE plugin
22:13:40 T:2420  NOTICE: FREE CABLE --> common :: getURL :: url = http://marvel.com/videos/watch/1510/silver-surfer_1998_episode_1
22:13:41 T:2420   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "REMOVED PROFILE NAME\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\default.py", line 68, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "REMOVED PROFILE NAME\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\default.py", line 64, in modes
                                                exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
                                              File "REMOVED PROFILE NAME\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\lib\marvel.py", line 71, in play
                                                key = re.compile('<param name="playerKey" value="(.+?)" />').findall(data)[0]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<-
Anyone else seen this issue?

When i select a channel provider from the list, it loads for a few seconds, then returns a "search" for something seemingly random.
Example: When i select ABC, it returns search results for Nashville. Clicking Menu either generates a new search, or gets me the list from the provider eventually.

ATV2 w/ Frodo RC2
I have more than one, and i'm pretty sure it happens on multiple installs.

I can generate a log, but just starting by seeing if anyone else has seen anything like this?

Works great once you get in and see the show lists.

thanks!
00b5: it is connecting to tvdb and looking for the new show meta-data. if the tvdb search returns more then one match then a selection is displayed. you see the show title as the box title. the box will list the selectable list of shows tvdb matched. this only happens once when adding the show to the database. It is only once per new show. it only happens when the site has new shows. you can also refresh tvdb data via context items on the show.
Hi, can someone verify if it is just me or if A&E no longer works? I was using it last week and it no longer can get any videos. They are listed but won't play.

This is my log:
start of FREE CABLE plugin
17:06:47 T:140575479502592 NOTICE: FREE CABLE --> common :: getURL :: url = http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars-new-yor...4282819542
17:06:48 T:140575479502592 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
17:06:48 T:140575479502592 ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
17:06:48 T:140575479502592 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/jamesbe/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/default.py", line 68, in <module>
modes ( )
File "/home/jamesbe/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/default.py", line 64, in modes
exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/home/jamesbe/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/resources/lib/aetv.py", line 223, in playThePlatform
except:mrss = urllib.unquote_plus(base64.b64decode(re.compile('"mrss=(.+?)&').findall(data)[0]))
IndexError: list index out of range
17:06:48 T:140576110667648 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.free.cable/?url="http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aetv.com%2Fstorage-wars-new-york%2Fvideo%2Flong-island-city-of-dreams-14282819542"&mode="aetv"&sitemode="playThePlatform"]
17:06:53 T:140575479502592 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:06:53 T:140575479502592 NOTICE: common.args
17:06:53 T:140575479502592 NOTICE: {'sitemode': 'rootlist', 'name': 'A&E', 'fanart': '/home/jamesbe/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/fanart.jpg', 'url': '', 'mode': 'aetv', 'thumb': '/home/jamesbe/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/resources/images/aetv.png'}
17:06:53 T:140575479502592 NOTICE: addoncompat.py: XBMC Revision not available - Version String: 11.0 Git:Unknown
17:06:53 T:140575479502592 NOTICE:

THe URL in this log works
""""""SOMEONE MAY HAVE TOUCHED ON THIS, BUT SWEETHEART, QUIT WAITING FOR YOUR HUSBAND! GO BUY A SMALL USB FLASH DRIVE (4+GB WILL BE MORE THAN FINE), AND INSTALL XBMCBUNTU FROM THE XBMC WEBSITE TO IT. A LITTLE READING AND YOU CAN EASILY INSTALL A COPY OF LINUX THAT RUNS XBMC AS IT'S FRONTEND (IT BOOTS TO XBMC) STRAIGHT TO THE USB DRIVE AND YOU CAN JUST POP IT YOUR OLD SETUP AND BOOT STRAIGHT TO IT! ASSUMING YOU BASICALLY RUN XBMC FROM A "PC" OF SOME SORTS. MIGHT ALSO TRY OPENELEC (MY PERSONAL FAV). BECAUSE IT'S A LIVE SETUP AND RUNS COMPLETELY FROM THE USB DRIVE, YOUR HUSBAND'S OLD SETUP WILL REMAIN UNTOUCHED, YOU CAN SET IT UP THE WAY YOU WANT, AND WHEN HE COMES HOME, YOU CAN JERK THAT THING OUT AND HIDE IT SO HE DOESN'T GET ALL AGGRAVATED THAT YOU ARE "MESSING" WITH HIS MACHINE, IF HE IS THAT KIND OF MAN LOL. OR IF THAT'S JUST ALL WAY ABOVE YOU, I SUGGEST YOU POINT YOUR HUSBAND IN THAT DIRECTION AND HE WILL BE ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT PRETTY EASY."""""

I'm interested in this thumb drive boot but I don't quite understand exactly how it would work. You said there needs to be some type of PC/Mac? in order to do so? I am currently running XBMC 11.0 on my ATV2, but I've heard about some sort of Android USB drive that runs Frodo and was curious if this is what you speak of? Thank you
@1080pete,

What does your post have to do with the topic of this thread, which is about the "Free Cable" add-on?
I replied to a post in the thread
(2013-01-18, 07:41)1080pete Wrote: I replied to a post in the thread

That was 4 months and 118 posts ago and it too was off-topic. Smile The author of that post was talking about installing XBMCbuntu and OpenELEC on a PC. Those are Linux-based offerings and will not work on your ATV2. For ATV2 questions, please read the XBMC for iOS specific FAQ and review the iOS support subforum for any previous discussions that may touch upon your requirement or to pose a new question you may have.

HINT: If you want to quote a post, click the QUOTE button at the bottom-right of the post and this will place the contents of that post in a quote box along with attribution information for that post's author, a post link and the posting date (see the quote box at the top of this post as an example).

• 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator10