• 67(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
are the nightly notes still on the dropbox folder or on mediafire site now ?
The nightly notes in the dropbox folder are the ones i constantly update so I'll remember what to add to the RSS feed.
The mediafire site is just for downloads.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Hey, first thank you for your awesome work mariusth86!

I just updated to the current nigthly after using the previous one with the christmas greetings.
But the new one built on 1/5 does not launch on my mba with mountain lion. No message, no popup, nothing. I reseted vmm by deleting the files you described in the first post -- nothing changed. Do you have any clue whats wrong?
Just in case, for the nightlies you have to remove "com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist" rather than "com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager.plist".
I've yet to update the first post to show the changes.

Otherwise, try one of these temporary builds:
http://mariusth.channelwood.org/vimediamanager/files/

I'm not quite sure what might be the cause, especially if there's no messages at all.
Jip, I also removed com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist but this didn't change anything.

Nevertheless, the temporary build works for me again. Thank you!
Thanks for taking the time to make this for Mac users. I have been following along since you started this and i must say, this is the best looking media manager out there. Every update seems to add so much more to it. The nightlies does seem a bit buggy, but it is more than usable compared with the others.
Are you going to be adding the ability to add/edit tags?
When you mention tags, I imagine the genres that are already available, what did you have in mind?
(2013-01-17, 15:09)MariusTh86 Wrote: When you mention tags, I imagine the genres that are already available, what did you have in mind?

This feature http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library_tags
Interesting, I hadn't seen that yet, any ideas as to what to add to those tags?

Besides the studio name example, I could imagine adding:
Genres,
Ratings,
Years,
Countries,
MPAA ratings ("Rated PG"),
Rottentomato ratings (fresh/rotten & spilled/upright),
Direction,
Writers,
Musicians
Actors.

Though it would make a pretty big list of tags that way.
I just downloaded the latest version from the link on the first page. I'm pretty stoked. It's a royal pain to run one of the many alternatives from my windows machine - issues with permissions, failures that I can't quite pinpoint, uggh. Extremely hopeful.

OSX Mountain Lion (server). (Also possibly not really Apple hardware).
Home built Solaris 11.1 server, ZFS 4 x 3Tb pool, RAIDZ to 9Tb space.
NFS & SMB shares.
Asrock E350M1 mob with 8G RAM running KODI from a 16G USB stick

HDMI -> Yamaha 5.1 -> 60" Sharp LCD -
AR XSight Color Remote

Happy Wife. Nearly.
(2013-01-17, 16:36)MariusTh86 Wrote: Interesting, I hadn't seen that yet, any ideas as to what to add to those tags?

Besides the studio name example, I could imagine adding:
Genres,
Ratings,
Years,
Countries,
MPAA ratings ("Rated PG"),
Rottentomato ratings (fresh/rotten & spilled/upright),
Direction,
Writers,
Musicians
Actors.

Though it would make a pretty big list of tags that way.

The tags are added by the user. The feature will allow to add tags or edit the users existing tags.
I found a bug in the latest nigthly which you have provided me yesterday: If I am searching in the movie view the reset button does not reset the current filter (the field get's cleared but the list view does not change). The only way to return to the complete movie list is to refresh all movies.
Does that happen every time right after a search? or after certain actions are done while in 'search' results mode?
Happens only if I collect metadata for such a movie. Then it's impossible to reset the search filter even if I restart the tool itself -- the only solution to get back to the full list is to refresh all movies.
Alright, I think I've found the issue, it should be fixed in the next build.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19