• 55(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
(2013-01-16, 05:08)spooner404 Wrote: I'm getting a weird audio issue on some of the channels and I was wondering if anyone else is getting them. Whenever I'm watching HGTV and it goes to a commercial break, certain commercials will play a buzzing sound. Now the audio on the commercial is still synced but it sounds like it is turned down and the buzzing plays over it. It will do this for two commercials then go back to normal. It will never do it when a show is playing but it will always do this during a commercial for two commercials. Has anyone else noticed this or know how to fix it?

I get this sometimes. Not on HGTV, it is random for me. I usually stop the stream and start it back up and it goes away. The sometime later it will pop back up.

(2013-01-10, 19:40)jfoley Wrote: I hear ya, I did get in on the $129.99 HDHR back in November. In your decision you might also consider the USB form of the Ceton device. That is my biggest complaint with the PCIe version is that it is tied to a single host machine because you have to actually plug it in on the inside of your box. The USB version would be much more portable. Ultimately, that is what lead me to pull the trigger on the HDHR because it is a network device and not tied to a single USB/PCIe. I just wish this project was continuing development as this has the makings of a really nice piece of software. I really believe MCheng either got shut down by one Ceton or such or he sold the project to one of them.
Crap....now it's up to $179.99....shouldn't the price be dropping? Demand must be up since the DNLA has been released...it's the only logical reason for a price increase...I actually figured I could end up getting it for $99.99 since the 4 turner version was displayed as CES....sometimes it just doesn't pay to wait....I'm certainly not paying $179.99 that's for sure....I do have WMC working via my 360 in my living room. It's actually a lot faster than I thought it would be...Too bad the hulu desktop/spotify can't be streamed through it...or at least I don't know a way...
Sorry for the lack of updates. I just havent had time to work on this project. This is going to be a short post since I have to do some work.

Updates: I just ordered a HDHR Prime, so I'll might try to get that working!
(2013-01-17, 16:58)mcheng89 Wrote: Sorry for the lack of updates. I just havent had time to work on this project. This is going to be a short post since I have to do some work.

Updates: I just ordered a HDHR Prime, so I'll might try to get that working!

Awesome! I am glad you are back!

(2013-01-16, 05:19)jfoley Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 05:08)spooner404 Wrote: I'm getting a weird audio issue on some of the channels and I was wondering if anyone else is getting them. Whenever I'm watching HGTV and it goes to a commercial break, certain commercials will play a buzzing sound. Now the audio on the commercial is still synced but it sounds like it is turned down and the buzzing plays over it. It will do this for two commercials then go back to normal. It will never do it when a show is playing but it will always do this during a commercial for two commercials. Has anyone else noticed this or know how to fix it?

I get this sometimes. Not on HGTV, it is random for me. I usually stop the stream and start it back up and it goes away. The sometime later it will pop back up.

I don't ever stop the stream cause it only happens for two commercials and it goes back to normal. And it seems like the same commercials make it happen every time. It's not a huge issue but I would like to fix it since the wife seems to remind me of it all the time. Laugh
(2013-01-17, 18:48)spooner404 Wrote: the wife seems to remind me of it all the time. Laugh

Amazing how they do that all the time....
FYI... HDHomerun Prime just released the beta firmware for DLNA support. I haven't had a chance to try it out much, but it looks promising.
(2013-01-18, 16:39)jfoley Wrote: FYI... HDHomerun Prime just released the beta firmware for DLNA support. I haven't had a chance to try it out much, but it looks promising.

I saw that as well...I still haven't pulled the trigger on it...The cheapest I have found it was for $139 from J&R...I think it's still a little higher than I think it should be(as Frys had it as low as $119 a few months back). I suppose it's only $20, but $20 is $20.....I'm a cheap S.O.B. I guess...lol

I wonder if XBMC might be able to leverage that to produce a guide addon for it....I think the PS3 is the only device that access it at the moment, but from the screenshots, there is not guide...
XBMC works for sure, I tested it. I also have Cyberlink PowerDVD and it appears to work but I can't get the video to start playing. I am however, trying via a remote session over the WAN so that might be my issue. I am interested in whether or not my TV will play it. It has a built in DLNA player. I will check it when I get home.
(2013-01-18, 18:19)jfoley Wrote: XBMC works for sure, I tested it. I also have Cyberlink PowerDVD and it appears to work but I can't get the video to start playing. I am however, trying via a remote session over the WAN so that might be my issue. I am interested in whether or not my TV will play it. It has a built in DLNA player. I will check it when I get home.

What device did you test it on?

EDIT: Meaning from what device to what device?....I was saying that XBMC might be able to create an 'add-on' or something that would control the hdhomerun prime in a similar way the WMC does....
(2013-01-18, 19:09)maseline_98 Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 18:19)jfoley Wrote: XBMC works for sure, I tested it. I also have Cyberlink PowerDVD and it appears to work but I can't get the video to start playing. I am however, trying via a remote session over the WAN so that might be my issue. I am interested in whether or not my TV will play it. It has a built in DLNA player. I will check it when I get home.

EDIT: Meaning from what device to what device?....I was saying that XBMC might be able to create an 'add-on' or something that would control the hdhomerun prime in a similar way the WMC does....

I just tested it on an installation of XBMC on a virtual machine. XBMC talks directly to the HDHOMERUN, so there isn't a middleman. I understand what you are after, a guide and such. At this point, XBMC (or any other DLNA/UPNP) will just give you raw channels w/o a guide. I am guessing now that this has been released, there will be a lot of development to support it. So I am guessing we will see a guide soon.

(2013-01-18, 19:24)jfoley Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 19:09)maseline_98 Wrote:

I just tested it on an installation of XBMC on a virtual machine. XBMC talks directly to the HDHOMERUN, so there isn't a middleman. I understand what you are after, a guide and such. At this point, XBMC (or any other DLNA/UPNP) will just give you raw channels w/o a guide. I am guessing now that this has been released, there will be a lot of development to support it. So I am guessing we will see a guide soon.

Cool....you should post some screenshots....is this something different than we have seen before with the .strm files for each channel....how do you change channels and whatnot?
This is better than screenshot... here it is in action. Not my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml0g2l01zVM
(2013-01-18, 19:39)jfoley Wrote: This is better than screenshot... here it is in action. Not my video.

Sweet.....in the video, there seemed to be a lag...do experience the same thing?
(2013-01-18, 19:42)maseline_98 Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 19:39)jfoley Wrote: This is better than screenshot... here it is in action. Not my video.

Sweet.....in the video, there seemed to be a lag...do experience the same thing?

I have only played with it over an RDP session over the WAN. So there is always lag when using XBMC through an RDP session (especially over a wide area network). I will try it later when I get home.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10