• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
I am seeing that bar. I have the option to "Choose art" but I no longer see the Artwork Download option as it was in the previous Rapier.
Hi all.

Just a short post here from warm Cape Verde :-)

About the image problems, I went through all the code for the xml-files and changed the way Rapier handles images for Movies and TV Shows. Now it's completely identical to the way Confluence handles images.

For me it solved all the images problems: images being displayed wrong and stretched, posters instead of banners, banners instead of posters etc.

Shedrock: the "screen shots" helped a lot. Thanks. I don't understand why you say you don't have the Get Artwork button for script.artwork.downloader in VideoInfo. I see the button in your screenshots?
The Frodo version of XBMC changed the buttons in VideoInfo. Now the button that used to be Get Thumb, changed to Choose Art (nothing I can do about it). But i can still add the Get Fanart button if you would like?

Sccrluk9: I added the option for a banner in List View under Seasons. You can find the button for it under View Options. The thing is, that here on Cape Verde I'm on a computer with a resolution of 1680x1050, so maybe the button is not aligned properly. I will look into it as soon as i come back to Denmark.

The new version is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?u11rjciki84kp31
Thanks Gade.This version seems to have fixed the image issues. I can only see one issue at the moment. I no longer see the Get Artwork option. It is blank but you can click on it.

UPDATE: A reboot fixed the above mentioned issue.
I was hoping this fix would correct the fanart problem on the home page.

I have fanart selected for backgrounds on the Music section on the Home display, but it's blank.
Also, the triggers on the Home screen don't seem to work. Nothing happens when I click on anything in 'Recently Added' or 'In Progress'

Here's a debug log... maybe you can make sense of it -- http://pastebin.com/iuXnFzcd

I see where the problem is:
Code:
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart/

my Thumbnails are on an NFS drive... so I don't have this folder.
but i'm not sure if it's a skin thing, or the ExtraFanArt module... if it is a skin thing... could you point it to -> special://masterprofile/

-----------------

actucally, after looking. i don't have this folder where I have my Thumbnails stored. Should I have this directory?
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
One other issue I found is that the logo.ong files aren't being displayed when you hover over the TV Show banners and clear logo is selected. I also noticed that if you select artwork for one tv show, the artwork downloader prompts you for every tv series in your collection. I am not sure if this is a problem with artwork downloader??

- Another issue found is that none of the actors thumbnails are being downloaded and this option is check in rapier settings.

- In "The Trailers" add-on most of the views give no poster image for the movies. Info wall, etc does however display a cover only when you move on it. Wall view is dead.
For the custom button graphics can you make a set of graphics that simply say TV SHOWS for the on and off focus labels?

Could you post the PSD file for the button graphics?

at the very least, what is the font type properties
Living Room: i3 • WIN 8 x64 • 160GB Standard hard drive (soon a SSD) • HD 5400 • Rapier (easily customizable) • Imon Enclosure
Server: Dell PowerEdge 310 • media storage (20TB) • LSI HW raid • 15 hd bay enclosure (raid6)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1303449
Here is the PSD. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101862

I can upload the tv shows png if you wish.
with the psd file I can create custom images for the skin
Living Room: i3 • WIN 8 x64 • 160GB Standard hard drive (soon a SSD) • HD 5400 • Rapier (easily customizable) • Imon Enclosure
Server: Dell PowerEdge 310 • media storage (20TB) • LSI HW raid • 15 hd bay enclosure (raid6)
I really like it, thanks Smile
to the person having trouble with local images:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1292280

i think at this point, you have to use the remote image files.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Not sure if you were referring to me but if so then you will have to read my previous posts. Remote image files is what I was having the issue with which Gade seems to have cleared up. However, there are still isseus with other images as per my last post.
(2013-01-17, 16:53)locomot1f Wrote: I was hoping this fix would correct the fanart problem on the home page.

I have fanart selected for backgrounds on the Music section on the Home display, but it's blank.
Also, the triggers on the Home screen don't seem to work. Nothing happens when I click on anything in 'Recently Added' or 'In Progress'

I will look into the fanart problems as soon as I get back from vacation. I don't experience any problems at all...

The triggers for RecentlyAdded, Recommended and RandomItems should be fixed and working in this next update.

(2013-01-17, 17:11)shedrock Wrote: One other issue I found is that the logo.ong files aren't being displayed when you hover over the TV Show banners and clear logo is selected. I also noticed that if you select artwork for one tv show, the artwork downloader prompts you for every tv series in your collection. I am not sure if this is a problem with artwork downloader??

- Another issue found is that none of the actors thumbnails are being downloaded and this option is check in rapier settings.

- In "The Trailers" add-on most of the views give no poster image for the movies. Info wall, etc does however display a cover only when you move on it. Wall view is dead.

Yeah, I haven't seen any of the clearlogos or clearart files working either. But I will look into it as soon as I get back (can't do anything from here).

Also I will check about the actor thumbs and "The Trailers" add-on.

The new version is available in the first post.
(2013-01-17, 01:42)Sccrluk9 Wrote: I installed XBMC Eden and the 4.0 RC Rapier skin on another machine and when I select this view it shows the info and fanart on the left and banners on the right 2 cols wide. Just thought it may have been a change on the move to Frodo

Ill dig around a little more tonight. If I have to end up editing code I may just do that. I like to see some info about the show currently selected and dont really like the views that currently offer it.

Is this the Rapier version from DeviantArt or from GitHub? I can totally see the full support for banners under ThumbsView. If I find the version you used for the screenshot, I can easily merge the views (or I can make it from scratch - it is just easier the other way).
Since you are in the process of updating the skin.. could you add the option to have Bluray movie copies (raw format main movie only) go directly into the movie and bypass the options window that pops up?

have the Bluray movies launch the same as the DVD copies launch

-----------------------------

Also not sure if it is a skin related issue or if it is the FreeCable addon. but when in free cable the list option is selected to view the movies it always defaults back to the tiles. The art for the network stations are not being displayed.
- list mode doesn't stay
- network icons are not being displayed
- along with some of the fan art for the tv show are not being displayed

like I am said I am not sure if it is a skin related issue.

I would like to say thanks for bring back this skin as well to the Frodo release...
Just wanted to say a massive thank you for keeping this skin current with the next version of XBMC. It is by far the cleanest and sleekest skin out there.

Is it possible once you have sorted all/any issues out, to upload the entire work to GitHub like Scarfa did or provide access to the individual files in the Media folder as opposed to it just being compressed in the Textures file? I have no idea about skinning, but my inquisitive nature has allowed me to poke around the Media folder and make tiny little changes to customize the GUI ever so slightly to my liking. For example, I have changed the XBMC logo in the top left to be in the same font as the rest of the skin and I have also changed the main menu items to have less reflection when in focus. This is only possible if I am able to access the PNG files inside the media folder which isn't possible if we only have access to the Textures file.

Happy to wait. No rush at all. Just thought it might be handy for others out there who may want to do the same type of thing and also to keep the skin going forward, as then someone else can pick up on it as you did from Scarfa's original files.

Many thanks again.

PS: Is it at all possible to update this skin to 1080p and have hi-res icons? I stumbled across this is in my search but not sure if it's what needs to be done.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124314
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2