• 89(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
(2013-01-17, 23:02)astromonkey Wrote: I finally got this add in working and wanted to share how I did it in hopes that it helps whoever is currently maintaining or trying to fix it.

I was like most of the recent posters and was able to get some things to come up but not the instant queue. I kept seeing the "Account inactive" message in the logs. Here's what I did to get it working for me. First I went and registered to get my own Netflix API key. I then used there API Auth Walkthrough @ http://developer.netflix.com/walkthrough to authenticate and test out my API Key.

Then I went into iqueue.py and changed the following to use my application name and key.

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflix'
API_KEY = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'
API_SECRET = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Then I deleted my old userinfo.txt and created a new one with the following information. The data for all of these should be on the Walkthrough page from Netflix.

requestKey=consumer_key
requestSecret=consumer_secret
accessKey=oauth_token
accessSecret=oauth_token_secret

I don't know what's wrong with the API key for this add in. It also looks like most people are entering the same two numbers in for the 4 strings in userinfo.txt, but there clearly should be a different oauth token ans secret for the accesskey and accesssecret. Hopefully some of this made some sense and helps someone.

When I do step 4 I get "Invalid Or Expired Token". It says that I am taking too long, but that's not true.
Where is the userinfo.txt file located? I think I have all the info that needs to be in it, but I cannot find the file location to replace the old userinfo.txt.
Yup, copy the whole thing. Mine looks kind of like this, but the length varies a little bit.
Quote:requestKey=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
requestSecret=bbbbbbbbbb
accessKey=cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
accessSecret=dddddddddddd
(2013-01-23, 06:02)Yukonhijack Wrote: Where is the userinfo.txt file located? I think I have all the info that needs to be in it, but I cannot find the file location to replace the old userinfo.txt.
This is the location for windows 7:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks
(2013-01-23, 05:04)locoguano Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 23:02)astromonkey Wrote: I finally got this add in working and wanted to share how I did it in hopes that it helps whoever is currently maintaining or trying to fix it.

I was like most of the recent posters and was able to get some things to come up but not the instant queue. I kept seeing the "Account inactive" message in the logs. Here's what I did to get it working for me. First I went and registered to get my own Netflix API key. I then used there API Auth Walkthrough @ http://developer.netflix.com/walkthrough to authenticate and test out my API Key.

Then I went into iqueue.py and changed the following to use my application name and key.

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflix'
API_KEY = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'

Then I deleted my old userinfo.txt and created a new one with the following information. The data for all of these should be on the Walkthrough page from Netflix.

requestKey=consumer_key
accessKey=oauth_token

I don't know what's wrong with the API key for this add in. It also looks like most people are entering the same two numbers in for the 4 strings in userinfo.txt, but there clearly should be a different oauth token ans secret for the accesskey and accesssecret. Hopefully some of this made some sense and helps someone.

When I do step 4 I get "Invalid Or Expired Token". It says that I am taking too long, but that's not true.
All I can think of is that you might be outside the US - in which case you MUST setup your clock/calendar to have the US timezone date and time. Otherwise maybe you have copied and pasted something wrong in the earlier steps - but I'm leaning more towards time-stamp problem...
(2013-01-23, 13:17)Revengeance Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 05:04)locoguano Wrote:

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflix'
API_KEY = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'

requestKey=consumer_key
accessKey=oauth_token

All I can think of is that you might be outside the US - in which case you MUST setup your clock/calendar to have the US timezone date and time. Otherwise maybe you have copied and pasted something wrong in the earlier steps - but I'm leaning more towards time-stamp problem...

Nope... in the U.S. Clock is correct.
(2013-01-23, 05:04)locoguano Wrote: When I do step 4 I get "Invalid Or Expired Token". It says that I am taking too long, but that's not true.

First time I did it I got the exact same error, but when I did it a second time without pausing to read over everything, it worked fine.
Yeah... I've tried over and over... just not working.
Ok, so- 133 pages.
Is there an updated way to make this work?
I have tried to put it in the addin folder, install from zip.. and- im quite frustrated.
i have a kubuntu box, and when i try to install from zip, it says the structure is incorrect.

Is there an updated installation method?
Does this new XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks plugin only run on windows (I am running ubuntu)? Is it depending on a silverlight compatible browser?
(2013-01-24, 10:03)Jonas.andero Wrote: Does this new XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks plugin only run on windows (I am running ubuntu)? Is it depending on a silverlight compatible browser?

From what i read, it's not supported for linux.
But there is something else, that i havent been able to test.

http://www.iheartubuntu.com/2012/11/ppa-...p-app.html
As far as I understand it, this add-on only works on Windows and Mac. I'm not the definitive source on this, but I think Linux is a no-go unless you want to get creative with Wine and run Windows software on your Linux machine.
Would anyone be willing to share their userinfo.txt? Maybe one person can make theirs the new "official" api... I have been trying to set mine up for myself but the walkthrough is not working and Netflix is offering no support.
Ok... Managed to get the whole walkthrough to work... YAY!

Still get no queue and "17:06:49 T:2176 NOTICE: {u'status': {u'status_code': 403, u'message': u'Account inactive'}, u'error': True}" in the log.
I must have something else incorrect... I pulled hte key and secret from another app and its still showing inactive.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16