• 58(current)
Back Row General Discussion
The updates aren't in the official repo yet (I'm trying to avoid making too many frequent updates there). Until the Passion Frodo repo is properly sorted and the latest Back Row is live there the best way to get the updates would be to manually download the skin and copy it over.
(2013-01-28, 14:08)Sharpe Wrote: The updates aren't in the official repo yet (I'm trying to avoid making too many frequent updates there). Until the Passion Frodo repo is properly sorted and the latest Back Row is live there the best way to get the updates would be to manually download the skin and copy it over.

Great...got it all sorted now. Thanks so much for so swiftly nailing these issues during the Frodo upgrade period.

One tiny thing still behaving strangely for me: If I launch a program addon via a submenu shortcut and that addon then produces a notification backRow leaves me looking at the plain wallpaper. Back or directional buttons won't get me back...the only way out is to press home.

The two addons specifically are the last.fm playlist generator program and Advanced Launcher.

Hope that made sense. Cheers Sharpe Smile

(2013-01-29, 16:39)kiboy6 Wrote: Great...got it all sorted now. Thanks so much for so swiftly nailing these issues during the Frodo upgrade period.

One tiny thing still behaving strangely for me: If I launch a program addon via a submenu shortcut and that addon then produces a notification backRow leaves me looking at the plain wallpaper. Back or directional buttons won't get me back...the only way out is to press home.

The two addons specifically are the last.fm playlist generator program and Advanced Launcher.

Yeah I think it might be related to this issue but I'll look into it,
Hi Sharpe,

Upgraded to 4.05...the extrafanart performance is much improved, but from time to time when browsing movies, it does still get suck on one background image even while i browse through subsequent movies. Can try to re-create the problem and provide a debug log if you'd like.

Also...did you get a chance to investigate the unwanted change in behaviour since Eden when launching programme addons from Home submenus?

Cheers Smile

(2013-01-29, 19:04)Sharpe Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 16:39)kiboy6 Wrote: Great...got it all sorted now. Thanks so much for so swiftly nailing these issues during the Frodo upgrade period.

Yeah I think it might be related to this issue but I'll look into it,

(2013-02-05, 10:29)kiboy6 Wrote: Hi Sharpe,

Upgraded to 4.05...the extrafanart performance is much improved, but from time to time when browsing movies, it does still get suck on one background image even while i browse through subsequent movies. Can try to re-create the problem and provide a debug log if you'd like.

Also...did you get a chance to investigate the unwanted change in behaviour since Eden when launching programme addons from Home submenus?

Cheers Smile

Hi no need for a debug log - I'm aware of the issue. The thing is I can't see an easy skin fix for this. For library views you can't fix the issue using the work around Black suggested for the video info dialog. Be interesting to see if you encounter the same issue on a skin like say Transparency! perhaps there's somethng that I could use in there but it might be an issue with multi images in general.

Not had a chance to look at the other issue much - but will do.
Hi,
In the library views, It's is possible to add the rating in a number close to the stars?

I have edited the skin for my personal use, but I rather prefer that to be added to the official version so i do not have to change it again every time the skin is updated.

Its a pretty simple change, it has to be since I was able to do it myself. at leats I did in the views I use most and leave the others. I just move a little the starts (or made the image a little bit smaller) and put the number just after them. I prefer the number since there are a lot of 3-4 stars and while i like the stars I also like to actually see the number.

the other change I made was to made the actual date of the Tv chapter to be displayed and not just the year, but that seems to be changed in newer versions, so good work!

Hi,

I can't get movie set posters to show in library. Fanart is shown but not posters. Is there a setting I missed because they show in Confluence? I'm using version 4.05.
(2013-02-09, 13:13)Kaiser Soze Wrote: Hi,
In the library views, It's is possible to add the rating in a number close to the stars?

I have edited the skin for my personal use, but I rather prefer that to be added to the official version so i do not have to change it again every time the skin is updated.

Its a pretty simple change, it has to be since I was able to do it myself. at leats I did in the views I use most and leave the others. I just move a little the starts (or made the image a little bit smaller) and put the number just after them. I prefer the number since there are a lot of 3-4 stars and while i like the stars I also like to actually see the number.

the other change I made was to made the actual date of the Tv chapter to be displayed and not just the year, but that seems to be changed in newer versions, so good work!

Hi - Any chance you could post a screen shot - on the face of it I'm not keen on both stars and a number rating showing but I'll certainly take a look.

(2013-02-09, 15:27)Klinker Wrote: Hi,

I can't get movie set posters to show in library. Fanart is shown but not posters. Is there a setting I missed because they show in Confluence? I'm using version 4.05.

Hi - I've just made some changes to the skin that should improve the way posters are integrated could you try the latest changes and let me know if you still have a problem? If you still have the same problem then can you also maybe post a screen shot of what's wrong?
(2013-02-09, 19:24)Sharpe Wrote: Hi - I've just made some changes to the skin that should improve the way posters are integrated could you try the latest changes and let me know if you still have a problem? If you still have the same problem then can you also maybe post a screen shot of what's wrong?

I tried your latest version and is working now. Thanks a lot...
That's great Klinker - cheers
Here is how I have it the stars and the numbers:

It's is a small change, but I like it better since pretty much everything end with 3-4 stars anyway, so I like to be able to differenciate them.

Thanks anyway to have a look.
Was wondering if you can help me out. Kinda new to all this. Running XBMC on my appleTV2, I can see the change-log that you made the changes for the 3D covers/Flags so once again I would like to thank you for that but just having a heck of a time trying to apply the changes. I first installed the Frodo SVN version repo but it says its broken when I try to run it. Also can't see the Back Row SVN when I look threw the options. (not sure if I can use this app with a Apple TV 2), I also see my other option which is "https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/Back-Row/Frodo" But not too sure what to do once I get to all those folders, not sure how to apply them to my ATV2... Any help or guidance which be greatly appreciated.
(2013-02-15, 06:21)bigjdoberman Wrote: Was wondering if you can help me out. Kinda new to all this. Running XBMC on my appleTV2, I can see the change-log that you made the changes for the 3D covers/Flags so once again I would like to thank you for that but just having a heck of a time trying to apply the changes. I first installed the Frodo SVN version repo but it says its broken when I try to run it. Also can't see the Back Row SVN when I look threw the options. (not sure if I can use this app with a Apple TV 2), I also see my other option which is "https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/Back-Row/Frodo" But not too sure what to do once I get to all those folders, not sure how to apply them to my ATV2... Any help or guidance which be greatly appreciated.

Hi mate - sorry I'm not really up to speed with installing skins on an atv2 but you'd better off using the DOWNLOAD LINK (Frodo Version) contained in the 1st post of this thread rather than just copying over the SVN version - that 1st download link is always up to date. Just extract the skin from that and do what you need to copy it over to the atv2 - hopefully someone else will be able to help you with that bit if you're unsure about it.
please, add suport for Brazilian ratings.
here's the images: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhggsp5mmtph34...atings.zip
(2013-02-15, 09:07)Sharpe Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 06:21)bigjdoberman Wrote: Was wondering if you can help me out. Kinda new to all this. Running XBMC on my appleTV2, I can see the change-log that you made the changes for the 3D covers/Flags so once again I would like to thank you for that but just having a heck of a time trying to apply the changes. I first installed the Frodo SVN version repo but it says its broken when I try to run it. Also can't see the Back Row SVN when I look threw the options. (not sure if I can use this app with a Apple TV 2), I also see my other option which is "https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/Back-Row/Frodo" But not too sure what to do once I get to all those folders, not sure how to apply them to my ATV2... Any help or guidance which be greatly appreciated.

Hi mate - sorry I'm not really up to speed with installing skins on an atv2 but you'd better off using the DOWNLOAD LINK (Frodo Version) contained in the 1st post of this thread rather than just copying over the SVN version - that 1st download link is always up to date. Just extract the skin from that and do what you need to copy it over to the atv2 - hopefully someone else will be able to help you with that bit if you're unsure about it.

Sounds good, I appreciate the hard work you put into this. If someone can quickly guide me on how to apply this back row folder to my apple tv 2 that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bigjdoberman
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6