Win XBMC quits to windows while playing!
Yo,

I have some problems with XBMC....

1.XBMC allways quits to windows in the middle of a movie which is annoying! Is there a way to solve this?
2.I wanna configure my Logitech Harmony one so I can go directly go at a push of a button to AUDIO and select an audio track, same with subs! Didn't find a way to solve this!

thanks
(2013-01-18, 18:20)siamsquare Wrote: 1.XBMC allways quits to windows in the middle of a movie which is annoying! Is there a way to solve this?

You need to provide more information about your scenario and problem. Are you saying XBMC crashes whenever you've watched a movie for a while? Are you using XBMC's default player or an external player? What type(s) of movie files are these and how were they encoded? Are these movies stored locally on your hard drive? On a server? Physical DVD/Bluray discs? Streamed over the Internet (if so, which add-on are you using)?

Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, play a movie and wait for XBMC to crash. Locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) and upload its contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL for your uploaded log here with your reply so others can see what may have caused your problem.

regarding the Logitech Harmony question, it's relatively easy to solve if you use EventGhost macros. All you need is to map the MCE 'audio' key to a keystroke Ctrl-L and the 'subtitle' key to keystroke L.

EDIT: to make Ctrl-L work you'll need a custom keymap.xml in userdata/keymaps:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <l mod="ctrl">AudioNextLanguage</l>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
  <VideoOSD>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </VideoOSD>
</keymap>
(2013-01-18, 22:18)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 18:20)siamsquare Wrote: 1.XBMC allways quits to windows in the middle of a movie which is annoying! Is there a way to solve this?

You need to provide more information about your scenario and problem. Are you saying XBMC crashes whenever you've watched a movie for a while? Are you using XBMC's default player or an external player? What type(s) of movie files are these and how were they encoded? Are these movies stored locally on your hard drive? On a server? Physical DVD/Bluray discs? Streamed over the Internet (if so, which add-on are you using)?

Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, play a movie and wait for XBMC to crash. Locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) and upload its contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL for your uploaded log here with your reply so others can see what may have caused your problem.

It just minimizes to windows for some reason and happens with all movies Running RC3 with win7 Ultimate. I think it has something to do when messages are displayed in the taskbar!

@ Voyager .... I will look into Eventghost! Thanks
FWIW .... I use XBMC on Win7 Ultimate and play all types of files and disks with no issues. Actually most of my viewing is from a hard wired network. What do you mean, you have a program running in the background that throws messages in the taskbar periodically? I would certainly turn that off, as well as any other programs running. Are you streaming, watching from local Network or from direct PC, HDD, Optical drive, etc.. Are you also sure you are not overheating?
(2013-01-19, 14:28)siamsquare Wrote: It just minimizes to windows for some reason and happens with all movies Running RC3 with win7 Ultimate. I think it has something to do when messages are displayed in the taskbar!

Still stingy with the information and still no debug log (wiki).
(2013-01-19, 14:28)siamsquare Wrote: @ Voyager .... I will look into Eventghost! Thanks

just made an update to my post, as I realized Ctrl-L was not straight out of the box.
To be clear....XBMC doesn't crash....it just minimizes to the system tray like another program intervenes of some sort!
When I watch a movie it does that at least once and the movie continues playing as I can hear sound only XBMC minimizes to windows after which I have to click the icon on the taskbar to restore XBMC to full screen!
Isn't there a way to keep focus on XBMC? I already use XBMC launcher but it doesn't seem to keep focus on XBMC!
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...8663a09bb9
(2013-01-28, 16:21)Skank Wrote: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...8663a09bb9

not much there!

Something is stealing focus.

You could run XBMC in a window "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen".

Or turn on debug logging and it'll show what app that is stealing focus away.
(2013-01-28, 16:54)siamsquare Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 16:21)Skank Wrote: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...8663a09bb9

not much there!

The same can be said about your willingness to provide information about your problem. Wink

One thing that link skank provided does tell you is that it's not an XBMC-specific problem. It's something you need to figure out regarding your operating system's (mis)behavior, as is the case with the folks who posted on that thread in the Microsoft Windows 7 support forum who are not even using XBMC.

(2013-01-28, 20:04)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 16:54)siamsquare Wrote:

not much there!

The same can be said about your willingness to provide information about your problem. Wink

One thing that link skank provided does tell you is that it's not an XBMC-specific problem. It's something you need to figure out regarding your operating system's (mis)behavior, as is the case with the folks who posted on that thread in the Microsoft Windows 7 support forum who are not even using XBMC.

I'll try to post the logs from win7 when the wife isn't confiscating the tv! Wink

Hey I had the same problem in windows 7, XBMC would get minimized and a second later a windows alert requesting if jusched.exe could be aloud to run would pop up (Java app wanting to see if there was an update available). Some app is trying to grab your attention. I fixed my issue by having jusched.exe only run in the middle of the night and not at startup, I think it did this in task scheduler. Hope this helps.
Yup, i'm sure this is a windows problem.. or some other program trying to pull your attention, no xbmc bug.
Did you try a clean install with windows and see if it still happens?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC quits to windows while playing!0