• 56(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
First, I'm sorry if the answer to this question is buried somewhere in the previous 83 pages. If it is I couldn't find it.

I've subscribed to a number of shows in Hulu and I go the the queue to watch them as they are added. When I enter the queue I have it sorted by date but new shows don't always end up at the top of the list. I think they are sorted based on the date that the entire show was added to hulu (or maybe when I added the subscription) and not when the episode was added.

Have others been able to sort their queue correctly by date?

Thanks,
(2013-01-16, 17:29)Eye in the sky Wrote: Export all full Shows always stops at "Boys be...", any idea why?

Code:
16:08:16 T:5216   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\Uta\\Videos\\xbmc\\Hulu\\TV\\Boys Be...\\S1E1 - Cherry Blossoms.strm')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 35, in modes
                                                xbmclibrary.Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 73, in __init__
                                                self.GetFullShows()
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 129, in GetFullShows
                                                self.ExportShowList(url,delay=1500)
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 153, in ExportShowList
                                                self.ExportShowMovie(item)
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 171, in ExportShowMovie
                                                self.ExportShow(item)
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 193, in ExportShow
                                                self.ExportVideo(episode)
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 215, in ExportVideo
                                                self.SaveFile( filename+'.strm', strm, directory)
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 89, in SaveFile
                                                file = open(path,'w')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\Uta\\Videos\\xbmc\\Hulu\\TV\\Boys Be...\\S1E1 - Cherry Blossoms.strm')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:08:16 T:4424   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
16:08:16 T:5216    INFO: Python script stopped
16:08:16 T:5216   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 5216 terminating
16:08:16 T:4424   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 3 (C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py) to stop
16:08:16 T:4424   DEBUG: python thread 3 (C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py) destructed
16:08:22 T:4424   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
16:08:26 T:4424    INFO: Python, unloading python shared library because no scripts are running anymore

It's almost certainly the three "..." after Be. Windows does not allow a "." at the end of a folder name. The right fix is the plugin should catch this and fix the folder name before it puts it on disk. That's probably not going to happen since I haven't seen any updates to this plugin in a long time. However, I can't think of an easy work around other than removing that show from your subscription.
rcrh: There were some changes in frodo for the date used in sorting. It changed to a new infolabel dateadded. So it is currently broken listing by date. I have it fixed but haven't committed yet. I haven't worked out backwards compatibility with eden.

The default "playlist" sort order should list in the order the videos were added to your queue by hulu or yourself. You can change this ordering on the website.

The other queue sort options are "Name", "Date"(premiere date),"Studio","Genre","TV Rating", and "Rating"(voted on from hulu).

I think they added more sort orders in Frodo. I will see what other options there are. I have been adding support for displaying the codecs and resolution tags now available in frodo.

Eye in the sky: I will clean the show names of any trailing periods when creating the show directories. Hopefully this will fix the issue. thanks tknorris for the tip.

Deleting subscriptions with three dots in it fixed the Hulu Library Updater.

Thanks for this great Add-on.
BlueCop:

I have written a python script that I want to be able to run prior to your Hulu plugin initiating. Specifically, its purpose is to establish a VPN to the US.

I intend to utilize a similar version of script with BBC iPlayer... hence the VPN there is to the UK.

It checks the VPN connection and changes it according to the plugin requirement.

I'd appreciate some assistance with the script.
It runs perfect from the command line.

If you are interested in what i have done, the link is here
NOTE: The zip file is NOT installable through xbmc.

Description of contents:
o The program is written for Ubuntu Linux.
o Python version initially developed in 2.7
o There are two programs:
- vpnhelper.py: Primary Program. This program loads the configuration file and uses that information to establish the desired vpn.
- vpnhelper_config.py: Program to generate configuration file for primary program to utilize. It stores the file in the current working directory... but I am not sure what the working directory the main program will be launched in... so that requires tweeking. This progam is run from terminal. It lists the vpns that are configured under Gnome Network Manager and enables the user to select the preferred vpn. That is stored for the vpnhelper.py program to load in all future cases.

Thanks Loads,
Arick
I'm trying to use a network share for my custom library folder, however I'm getting a script error whenever I try to add my subscriptions to the library. Thoughts?

Code:
start of HULU plugin
16:52:28 T:1444  NOTICE: HULU--> common.args.mode -- > ForceSubscriptionsLibrary
16:52:28 T:1444   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: 'smb:'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\XeroKool\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Users\XeroKool\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 35, in modes
                                                xbmclibrary.Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\XeroKool\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 45, in __init__
                                                self.CreateDirectory(MOVIE_PATH)
                                              File "C:\Users\XeroKool\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 96, in CreateDirectory
                                                os.makedirs(dir_path)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\os.py", line 150, in makedirs
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\os.py", line 150, in makedirs
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                                makedirs(head, mode)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\os.py", line 157, in makedirs
                                                mkdir(name, mode)
                                            WindowsError: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: 'smb:'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:52:28 T:6224   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
You probably don't have write permissions on the share. I store my hulu queue locally and added it as another source.
(2013-01-25, 00:13)kevinkelm Wrote: You probably don't have write permissions on the share. I store my hulu queue locally and added it as another source.

Thanks for the response. That was my first thought. I have no problem modifying and deleting files and folders on the share using the file manager in xbmc so I don't think it's a permission issue. I did have it stored locally at first, however the plugin description mentioned that you could use a shared folder:
Quote:The plugin will add the directories as sources when you dump the files. I do this because it is a folder on my NAS that is shared. The shared mysql database makes it possible to view my hulu library items anywhere.
Wondering if I'm doing something wrong on my end.
Okay. Going back a few pages, it appears I'm not the only with this problem. Custom library folder works fine if I set it to a local folder, but gives me an error if I set it to a network share. I'm almost certain that it's not a permission issue, or the log would at least have permission denied written somewhere wouldn't it? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) The problem seems to lie here:

Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: 'smb:'

Has anyone ever gotten this to work with SMB shares? Or is it not supported?
I'm having some problems wit the Hulu plugin for XBMC as of a couple of days ago. Everytime I try to select a category from the Hulu main screen, I get an "HTTP Error: not found" notification.

The logs have this to say:
start of HULU plugin
16:59:12 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: HULU--> common.args.mode -- > Menu
16:59:12 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: HULU --> common :: getFEED :: url = http://m.hulu.com/menu/499051?dp_id=hulu...=1&total=1
16:59:13 T:140716482918272 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
16:59:14 T:140714788738816 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogProgress.xml
16:59:14 T:140714788738816 DEBUG: DialogProgress::StartModal called
16:59:14 T:140714788738816 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
16:59:14 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: HULU --> common :: getFEED :: url = http://m.hulu.com/menu/499051?dp_id=hulu...=25&page=1
16:59:17 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: Error reason:
16:59:17 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
16:59:17 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: HULU --> common :: getFEED :: url = http://m.hulu.com/menu/499051?dp_id=hulu...=25&page=1
16:59:17 T:140716482918272 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
16:59:19 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: Error reason:
16:59:19 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
16:59:19 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: HULU --> common :: getFEED :: url = http://m.hulu.com/menu/499051?dp_id=hulu...=25&page=1
16:59:20 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: Error reason:
16:59:20 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
16:59:20 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: HULU --> common :: getFEED :: url = http://m.hulu.com/menu/499051?dp_id=hulu...=25&page=1
16:59:22 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: Error reason:
16:59:22 T:140714746775296 NOTICE: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

I'm using version 3.4.5 of the plug in on XBMC 12.0 alpha 4.
BlueCop, just updated my setup to Frodo, and went to add the Hulu plugin.
Added your repository without an issue, but when I goto get Add-Ons, then select your repository, there's nothing listed. Am I missing something?
(2013-01-30, 22:02)Zxurian Wrote: BlueCop, just updated my setup to Frodo, and went to add the Hulu plugin.
Added your repository without an issue, but when I goto get Add-Ons, then select your repository, there's nothing listed. Am I missing something?

It seems to take a few minutes to download. Try it again.
Do a "Force refresh" on the bluecop repository. System/Settings > Add-ons > Get add-ons > open context menu on bluecop repository.
(2012-08-08, 18:32)ringnutz Wrote:
(2012-08-07, 17:50)elmerohueso Wrote: Has anyone gotten this working in the Android build yet? All I can get it to play is the network pre-roll and commercials.
I tried updating librtmp, but that just makes it crash (the librtmp.so that it comes with is 1.02 MB while the newest one from rtmpdump is 110 KB).

Debug log was over 1 MB.
Log: Part 1
Log: Part 2
Log: Part 3

I would wager that until the XBMC team officially releases it for android, there will be minimal support... I will try to see if I can get it working when I get home tonight
So, now that Frodo on Android is an official release, do we have any details on getting Hulu to work on it?
does no one else have the problem with the new tv shows having no boxart coming up but the old shows boxart show up fine.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17