• 11(current)
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script
(2013-01-10, 14:05)Dutchie388 Wrote: I don't even know if that's possible since the 'copy tv show fanart' option acts on the entire tv show scraped library.

true, and make sure you've enabled that option.
the 'custom path' will passed as a filter, so only images containing this path will be returned.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-01-10, 23:39)ronie Wrote:
(2013-01-10, 14:05)Dutchie388 Wrote: I don't even know if that's possible since the 'copy tv show fanart' option acts on the entire tv show scraped library.

true, and make sure you've enabled that option.
the 'custom path' will passed as a filter, so only images containing this path will be returned.

Would it be possible to pass a csv list or something as a parameter to the script and then do what Paschy included for all fanart?
Read the input string and for all values check if the path is found and if not or the string is empty it can still copy to the default path. If this is possible, it would only be a lot of copy paste work right? That, imo, would be a great feature for this script.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Custom source option is a welcome addition to this useful script! However, script 1.2.0 failed with xbmc frodo...
(2013-01-14, 23:25)chander Wrote: Custom source option is a welcome addition to this useful script! However, script 1.2.0 failed with xbmc frodo...

Debug Log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Can we get the option to grab TV Posters too?
(2013-01-31, 21:44)crimsonfury Wrote: Can we get the option to grab TV Posters too?

i can't add what is already there ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Not sure if this should be in the add-ons section or the Mac one, but decided on here eventually

This evening I upgraded to Frodo on my iMac, after running it initially on my Macbook.

I wanted to get to know it properly first before replacing a version of XBMC that I know well and with which I am very comfortable.

All went well, I learnt about various changes, the most important of which, from my perspective, is the new way of handling fan art.

As I have a stupidly large music library, and have spent countless hours finding and organising the fan art, I wanted to be sure that I was completely happy before I took the plunge.

So this evening I decided I was ready as I'll ever be, downloaded Frodo, installed, and started on the fan art.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly, all the film and TV thumbs and fan art copied over quite happily, and so did 98% of the album thumbs, before XBMC crashed altogether. I tried several times after that, without any success. In fact the percentage at which the crash occurred got lower and lower, this latest one happened at 28%.

I've also noticed that the the film and music libraries are updating on launch, even though this option has not been selected.

In the past when an application has done something like this I've trashed the relevant preference files, and that often seems to work. But I couldn't find any pref files to trash, so that didn't happen.

When I checked in /Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer there were no artist thumbs or fan art, but everything else seemed to have been copied.

While not a techie I do have a reasonable knowledge and I usually can stumble around enough until I fall over an answer, but this has got me beaten.

I really don't want to go back to Eden, that seems like a retrograde step, especially given the new features that Frodo offers, so if anyone has any ideas I'd be more than grateful. I have had a good trawl through the posts but couldn't find this same problem listed anywhere. If it's there and I've missed it then apologies.

Set up:

iMac late 2008 running Snow Leopard. (for no other reason than I haven't got round to changing)

Frodo

music, film, TV libraries on external HDD

Transparency!

Crash log http://codepad.org/IeXASJLl
sorry mate.. but your question is?

i had a look at the log and you're not even running this addon.
Um, now I'm really confused.

Under add-ons I've got Artwork Organiser 1.2.0.

My brain's too tired to work out how to insert the screenshot I've just taken. Sure it's vert straightforward but not tonight.

I've just run it again and it, or something, cause XBMC to crash at 28% copied album thumbs.

Or have I got the name confused with something else.

I've tried deleting and re-installing.

So my question is what's causing the crash, and why does everything work happily on the Macbook?

It seems to chug along quite happily until I try to run this add-on.

It's just done exactly the same thing again.

I'm perfectly prepared to believe I'm doing something monumentally stupid, but I've no idea what.

Here's another crash log, and I've just seen Artwork Organizer in it, to the relief of my sanity.

http://codepad.org/RGnUzsIx

hmm, the script successfully copies all the artwork.
xbmc crashes when the addons exits (basically when closing the progress dialog).

i'll ask one of the osx devs if he can reproduce the crash.
OK many thanks for this, and also for the skin, easily the best available
(2013-02-01, 03:01)ronie Wrote: i'll ask one of the osx devs if he can reproduce the crash.

and he couldn't.

if you can reproduce the crash every time you run the script, feel free to open a ticket on trac.
OK I'll try it a few more times and if it still doesn't behave I'll open a ticket.

Thanks for trying, and thanks to the developer as well
Hi

I did not install this add-on my system it just appeared on there, presumably the Aeon MQ4 skin installed it ?

What do I need the Artwork Organizer add-on for ? I clicked on it in the Program add-ons area of XBMC and without any warning or prompts it started copying files I backed out and exited.
I can now see under: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/ there are some sub-folders that contain artwork images.

Unsure what this add-on is for and if I need it?

Please advise.

Thanks
(2013-03-13, 11:51)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I did not install this add-on my system it just appeared on there, presumably the Aeon MQ4 skin installed it ?

What do I need the Artwork Organizer add-on for ? I clicked on it in the Program add-ons area of XBMC and without any warning or prompts it started copying files I backed out and exited.
I can now see under: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/ there are some sub-folders that contain artwork images.

Unsure what this add-on is for and if I need it?

Please advise.

Thanks

if this addon was installed with Aeon MQ4, then best ask there.
each skin will probably use this addon in a slightly different way.
the general purpose of this addon is to create a fanart slideshow in the skin.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script0