• 7(current)
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC
brilliant idea and although I struggled at first, it's now working for me.

My problems were that I was:

a) not putting my xbmc mahines ip address into the settings on my chrome extention
b) my youtube addon in xbmc was broken (was getting a login error) - i fixed it by downloading a new youtubelogin.py - more details on the youtube login error and how to fix it in the following link: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1269605
Anyone gotten playlists to work on youtube? Cant seem to get it to work. Only plays the first video,
Hi ajay

Playit doesn't start up with xbmc i get this error in log.

22:58:38 T:2012 NOTICE: StorageServer Module loaded RUN
22:58:38 T:2012 NOTICE: StorageClient-1.3.0 Starting server
22:58:38 T:2012 NOTICE: StorageServer-1.3.0 Storage Server starting C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\commoncache.db
22:58:38 T:3716 NOTICE: PlayIt Service :: ERROR OCCURRED: 'module' object has no attribute 'setSuppressDialogMsg'

Please could you fix it.

Thank you!
THanks for sharing logs. This is fixed.
Hi,

I am new to PlayIt, but am interested in using it with a RaspberryPi. I red in this thread earlier that someone posted a question whether or not it is possible to do so. Here the answer for a Raspbmc system (raspberry pi + xbmc: http://www.raspbmc.com/): No. At least not out of the box. Seems like a problem with the TurteService. I do not know the RaspberryPi side well enough to get along with this problem, but maybe someone in here has an idea from the following debug log of xbmc:

13:17:16 T:2937394192 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.playit" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
13:17:16 T:2937394192 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named TurtleService
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.playit/TurtleMain.py", line 7, in <module>
import TurtleService
ImportError: No module named TurtleService
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any suggestions welcome!!!
(2012-12-15, 18:21)tojnk Wrote: This combination of a chrome extension + xbmc service sounds like a great idea! But the active development seems to have decreased somewhat in the last months.
Both the chrome extension and the xbmc service are giving me a hard time:

XBMC service

After installing the service and restarting xbmc, PlayIt fails to start. Error in TurtleMain.py.
Full debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21385

Chrome extension

The chrome extension does not save my settings. Although it does give me the message:
Quote: PlayIt: Options saved!
PlayIt extension will use saved values for further requests.

Pressing the PlayIt button results in the following error message:
Quote:PlayIt: Network error
Unable to connect or request time-out. Check PlayIt extension setting.

Hi Ajay;
for me is the same above qoute Chrome Playit does not saves IP setting
Would u please look at it
thanks
Kodi v17 “Krypton” Latest Released
Windows 8.1
have you guys got the ip address of the xbmc box in the "url" box in the chrome extension settings?

and the correct port in the port box in the chrome extension settings (the port that matches the one set in the xbmc setings)?

by the way, i set the username and password in xbmc as blank and left them blank in the chrome extension settings.
Hi,
I installed the service and it worked great with youtube videos. But I have been trying this with a vidbux video and I keep getting errors. Here is a copy of xbmc log text:
The video link in question is def working because I can stream the video on my laptop. Any clues as to whats going on here?

23:19:05 T:2961601632 NOTICE: Snapper selected = snapvideo.VidBux:retrieveVideoInfo for video URL = http://www.vidbux.com/lnjit25l4gw6
23:19:05 T:2961601632 NOTICE: Action to be performed :Confusednap_and_play_video
23:19:05 T:2961601632 NOTICE: Loading snappers.xml from turtle library... /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.turtle/lib/snapvideo/snappers.xml
23:19:06 T:2961601632 NOTICE: Total Iterations = 1
23:19:06 T:2961601632 NOTICE: Loading snappers.xml from turtle library... /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.turtle/lib/snapvideo/snappers.xml
23:19:06 T:2961601632 NOTICE: Snapper selected = snapvideo.VidBux:retrieveVideoInfo for video URL = http://www.vidbux.com/lnjit25l4gw6
23:19:07 T:2961601632 NOTICE: ERROR OCCURRED :: (102, 'Video is either removed or not found. Please check other links.')
23:19:07 T:2961601632 ERROR: ERROR:rootSad102, 'Video is either removed or not found. Please check other links.')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.turtle/lib/common/XBMCInterfaceUtils.py", line 53, in callBackDialogProgressBar
returnedObj = function_obj(arg)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.turtle/lib/moves/SnapVideo.py", line 116, in __addVideoInfo_in_item
__processAndAddVideoInfo__(item, item.get_moving_data()['videoUrl'])
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.turtle/lib/moves/SnapVideo.py", line 138, in __processAndAddVideoInfo__
raise Exception(ExceptionHandler.VIDEO_STOPPED, 'Video is either removed or not found. Please check other links.')
Exception: (102, 'Video is either removed or not found. Please check other links.')
23:19:07 T:2961601632 NOTICE: .
23:19:07 T:2961601632 NOTICE: PlayIt Service :: ERROR OCCURRED: (0, '')

(2013-01-17, 04:55)koomak Wrote: for me is the same above qoute Chrome Playit does not saves IP setting Would u please look at it thanks

i can confirm that, after i install the service on my raspberry pi and on my linux installation using chrome as browser and it refuses to save the ip after i change tab or exit the browser
(2013-02-03, 10:59)swetoast Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 04:55)koomak Wrote: for me is the same above qoute Chrome Playit does not saves IP setting Would u please look at it thanks

i can confirm that, after i install the service on my raspberry pi and on my linux installation using chrome as browser and it refuses to save the ip after i change tab or exit the browser

I have made the fix in chrome extension, please download and install newer version of plugin from following link:
PlayIt Chrome Extension v2.1

This new version will allow auto-update.
Works Smile also have a small request rightclick meny send to xbmc if its not too much of a hassle Smile
(2013-02-03, 23:10)swetoast Wrote: Works Smile also have a small request rightclick meny send to xbmc if its not too much of a hassle Smile

Yeah!! I will work on it. You will get update automatically that time.
Kudos. Works like a dream! Only issue is that youtube videos get split up as if a 3D side by side movie was playing. Any guesses why?
Hey!

I've installed the firefox add-on, but it doesn't have "preferences" at all (Firefox doesn't present "preferences" button for add-ons that don't have tunables). Am I missing something?

Also, I've opened a youtube video page on Firefox, and I can't find where to click to trigger playit.

This is Firefox 18.
(2013-02-09, 18:40)pecospete Wrote: Hey!

I've installed the firefox add-on, but it doesn't have "preferences" at all (Firefox doesn't present "preferences" button for add-ons that don't have tunables). Am I missing something?

Also, I've opened a youtube video page on Firefox, and I can't find where to click to trigger playit.

This is Firefox 18.

The add-on icon appears in lower toolbar. Checkout this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3I2GcoloKk
(2013-02-06, 19:58)mujunk Wrote: Kudos. Works like a dream! Only issue is that youtube videos get split up as if a 3D side by side movie was playing. Any guesses why?

I will whats wrong and will make the update. Thanks for feedback.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC11