• 95(current)
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager
I'm sure my plus-one will make all the difference, so here it is. Sure am looking forward to seeing a Frodo compatible version!

thanks.
Another one here! Please?
Thanks mate!!!
Gracias
Grazie
Merci beaucoup
muito obrigado
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus, Aeon MQ 7 Matrix & Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
+1

Another one patiently awaiting the Frodo Release!!

Thanks in advance for your hard work.

Is there any space of time when you might release?
I just heard, its out when its out! We all would like a sneak preview or a beta to test or in this case something that works in frodo even badly so we can moan and complain. right?

Fact is there is zero activity in github the last time anything moved there was 4 months ago. If anything is going on, is likely very private.

uNi
Is there anything else that will do the same job as XWMM and work in Frodo? and will allow me to edit Movie sets?

Thanks in advance
(2013-02-02, 17:13)ady199 Wrote: Is there anything else that will do the same job as XWMM and work in Frodo? and will allow me to edit Movie sets?

Thanks in advance

MediaElch or TinyMediaManager to edit movieset and Movie set Artwork Automator to change the fanart and poster of the sets in XBMC. This does the job quite well. Smile

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
I've tried MediaElch - with mySQL all I got was problems; duplicates and bad info. Truth is, I need something to "alter the database" not "replace XBMC's scraper" as XBMC is awesome on its own.

saitoh, I'll try the 2 others you mention. Never heard of tinyMediaManager nor Movie Set Artwork Automator. I do movie set artwork by hand, and it sucks. Sad Thanks for the links!
(2013-02-02, 19:54)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 17:13)ady199 Wrote: Is there anything else that will do the same job as XWMM and work in Frodo? and will allow me to edit Movie sets?

Thanks in advance

MediaElch or TinyMediaManager to edit movieset and Movie set Artwork Automator to change the fanart and poster of the sets in XBMC. This does the job quite well. Smile

Thanks for the info but can I use these in conjunction with the ATV2?

Thanks in advance

(2013-02-02, 20:27)ady199 Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 19:54)saitoh183 Wrote:

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the info but can I use these in conjunction with the ATV2?

Thanks in advance

Don't see why not. The media managers are to manage your media outside xbmc and movieset automator is addon like any other.

(2013-02-02, 20:01)Marsupial Wrote: I've tried MediaElch - with mySQL all I got was problems; duplicates and bad info. Truth is, I need something to "alter the database" not "replace XBMC's scraper" as XBMC is awesome on its own.

saitoh, I'll try the 2 others you mention. Never heard of tinyMediaManager nor Movie Set Artwork Automator. I do movie set artwork by hand, and it sucks. Sad Thanks for the links!

MediaElch doesn't support MySql. He removed it because of problems. Tiny Mediamanager should be fine since it doesn't interact directly with xbmc db but it only supports movies. Movie set artwork was released on the 26th so its fairly new but it works with Mysql and smb path(which is the type of path needed for mysql with windows)

Well, there is still propaganda saying "MediaElch uses MySQL directly"... Sad that was my main (only) reason to try.

Do I read correctly that Movie Set Artwork made only the first version under Eden, and all subsequent with Frodo?
Until I get a proper media manager to use in conjunction with Frodo, I won't make the jump... so I guess I'm stuck at this point.

Oh, yeah, I'm supoosed to try Tiny this evening Big Grin
(2013-02-03, 01:18)Marsupial Wrote: Well, there is still propaganda saying "MediaElch uses MySQL directly"... Sad that was my main (only) reason to try.

Do I read correctly that Movie Set Artwork made only the first version under Eden, and all subsequent with Frodo?
Until I get a proper media manager to use in conjunction with Frodo, I won't make the jump... so I guess I'm stuck at this point.

Oh, yeah, I'm supoosed to try Tiny this evening Big Grin

Quote from Komet (Author of MediaElch) : I have completely dropped MySQL/SQLite support from MediaElch (there are plans to add JSON RPC for direct manipulation)

The option is still there in MediaElch but there is no support. if your just looking for a media manager for Movies Tiny Mediamanager(TMM) should do the trick just fine. TV show support is in the ToDo list. I just use XBMC to manage my TV shows. TVDB scraper does a fine job and Artwork Downloader handles the artwork. Then i just do a export of my library to individual files in case i need to do a rescan of my entire collection. When i need a particular fan art that Artwork Downloader cant provide, i will just go get it manually. I only looked at TMM and Elch for movies set..but more importantly changing the fanart and poster of the set since doing it in XBMC is the most painful configuration change in the entire program when you have 30+ sets (60+ pictures to change...) but for managing my library , XBMC does a good enough job without an external manager hassle. Movie Set Artwork is a god sent and does what i needed for movieset since XBMC can scrape the <set> tag info from TMDB.

Yeah, I realized that while actually trying to make MediaElch work with it. Sucks, that was a good idea. It is the main description of the manager when you go on most XBMC-related wiki talking about it...

The fact is, I don't need a "replacement scraper". I use http://www.therenamer.com/ for media renaming-moving, so half the job is already done when XBMC does the scraping (movies that passed therenamer properly almost never miss their scraping)
Then, I need to be able to change small things like genres, movie sets, add something to the title.
I don't want a media manager that fools with .nfo files, but something to tweak the database once XBMC has passed trough the media with its scrappers.

One specific thing I do is set a (custom) movie genre for kids movies - their media box is configured to only display what I flag with that genre. Without XWMM there is no way to change that properly. Or movie sets - that's the weak point of scrapping, the set isn't always great and never have a name that I like "Batman saga" ? what? Saga? why not just "Batman"?
Well the set tag is based on TMDB. i used to use Therenamer back in the day(Only to rename and move...not to make nfo files. Also made a side program called TRHelper for it) but since moving to the usenet scene, i use NZBdrone for my TVshows (auto download shows, rename and moves them) and CouchPotato for movies (same process as TVshows) and then send a update to XBMC in order to add them to library. XBMC scraper them with relevant scraper(as long as it properly named by CP which uses IMDB, it never misses) and every sunday i just do a export of library so it adds any new nfo new shows/movies added during the week to my video directories. (script in place that runs every sunday night)

Since Frodo can use Tags now, set tag shouldn't be used to make custom sets, since its real design seems to be to make collections based on TMDB. Like for Kids movies, i use the Tag function to group them up , then make a video smart playlist so i can add it to my man menu and i still have the set tag to put them in proper collections based on TMDB. If i dont like the name given by XBMC for the set, i just open the relevant nfo files and modify the name and do a refresh in xbmc to change it. Since i export my nfo from XBMC , media managers like TMM is useful for doing touchups

Saitoh, we have a very similar setup... except for the tools.
How do you change tags in frodo? I currently add a "kids list" genre for the same purpose, but tags would be interesting. I only need "a way of getting the job done" under frodo, as the one way I have under Eden is XWMM.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager8