Rockchip RK3066 XBMC
(2013-02-01, 22:03)Nu7s Wrote: 1080p does not play properly. 720p video and the menu's work great.

I wouldn't recommend getting any Android sticks. If you want a Android powered XBMC system, buy a Pivos.
I use a Raspberry PI and it's great.

kudos to Pivos for financing XBMC development for Android. There are few other interesting boxes like Minix X5 or MX6 stick (i like dedicated audio output).
(2013-02-01, 22:03)Nu7s Wrote: 1080p does not play properly. 720p video and the menu's work great.

I wouldn't recommend getting any Android sticks. If you want a Android powered XBMC system, buy a Pivos.
I use a Raspberry PI and it's great.

I also have a raspberrypi with xbmc (right now im using raspbmc, i have used openelec also and it works great). I was looking into getting an android stick like this just to play around with it to be honest, see what i can do with a device like that and at the end use it of course a media center/player that would go to other tv.
But with other player, outside xbmc, 1080p plays well right?
Before i knew HW decoding was not supported, i ordered a UG802. I can confirm this RK3066 powered stick plays h.264 with lots of frames dropped. even with SD dvd rips. Ordered a raspberrypi now Smile
relax its all coming, check the project picuntu as well!
(2013-02-02, 02:23)stewiegriffin Wrote: [...]
I also have a raspberrypi with xbmc (right now im using raspbmc, i have used openelec also and it works great). I was looking into getting an android stick like this just to play around with it to be honest, see what i can do with a device like that and at the end use it of course a media center/player that would go to other tv.
But with other player, outside xbmc, 1080p plays well right?

(2013-02-05, 12:24)BramWillems Wrote: Before i knew HW decoding was not supported, i ordered a UG802. I can confirm this RK3066 powered stick plays h.264 with lots of frames dropped. even with SD dvd rips. Ordered a raspberrypi now Smile

I have a Rikomagic MK802 IIIS with a Rockchip 3066, Dualcore running at 1,2 GHz and it plays everything. I recently tried a full HD mkv with very high bitrate and through DLNA over WiFi, which played choppy even on my Samsung LED TV, but had no issues on the RK3066.

Another good test is the Sintel trailer: http://www.sintel.org/download
Try the MKV and MP4 formats, they play very well in Full HD - I used MX Player which supports HW acceleration on the RK3066.
(2013-02-05, 12:24)t-Dome Wrote: I have a Rikomagic MK802 IIIS with a Rockchip 3066, Dualcore running at 1,2 GHz and it plays everything. I recently tried a full HD mkv with very high bitrate and through DLNA over WiFi, which played choppy even on my Samsung LED TV, but had no issues on the RK3066.

Try the MKV and MP4 formats, they play very well in Full HD - I used MX Player which supports HW acceleration on the RK3066.

which build did you use to achieve this? I'll try that one out then. Is there a way to check in xbmc if HW decoding is active during playback or not?
(2013-02-11, 11:45)BramWillems Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 12:24)t-Dome Wrote: I have a Rikomagic MK802 IIIS with a Rockchip 3066, Dualcore running at 1,2 GHz and it plays everything. I recently tried a full HD mkv with very high bitrate and through DLNA over WiFi, which played choppy even on my Samsung LED TV, but had no issues on the RK3066.

which build did you use to achieve this? I'll try that one out then. Is there a way to check in xbmc if HW decoding is active during playback or not?

I didn't use XMBC, just MX Player.
(2013-02-11, 13:44)t-dome Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 11:45)BramWillems Wrote:

I didn't use XMBC, just MX Player.

You do realise what forum you are on?
(2013-02-05, 12:24)t-Dome Wrote: I didn't use XMBC, just MX Player.

I know, MX plays HD just fine (altaugh there are A/V sync problems after a while). I wonder why MX can play smooth, XBMC not... anayway I prefer not to use an external player because i lose the subtitle-scraper
(2013-02-11, 16:34)BramWillems Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 12:24)t-Dome Wrote: I didn't use XMBC, just MX Player.

I know, MX plays HD just fine (altaugh there are A/V sync problems after a while). I wonder why MX can play smooth, XBMC not... anayway I prefer not to use an external player because i lose the subtitle-scraper

The 'MX Player plays this fine but XBMC doesn't' issue has cropped up here a LOT. It's because MX Player doesn't have the same GPL and Open Source issues that XBMC does. The guys behind MX Player can sign NDAs and get access to hardware acceleration stuff within their closed source software that XBMC can't (as XBMC is Open Souce)
(2013-02-11, 14:03)Nu7s Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 13:44)t-dome Wrote: I didn't use XMBC, just MX Player.

You do realise what forum you are on?

Yes. You have read my original post, didn't you? I replied to:

(2013-02-02, 02:23)stewiegriffin Wrote: But with other player, outside xbmc, 1080p plays well right?
Its a shame that 1080p doesn't play well because the hardware seems to be good enough to play it. Im going to hold off on my purchase on one of these devices (especially with this processor) and hoping with future development it will play all content well.
I don't understand everyones problem with using "xbmc with external player". its xbmc but when you click on a video it secretly uses another player.

ok i understand you dont get subtitles but are there other problems with the "xbmc with external player" method because I just don't get what difference it makes.
(2013-02-15, 01:34)thebearnecessit Wrote: I don't understand everyones problem with using "xbmc with external player". its xbmc but when you click on a video it secretly uses another player.

ok i understand you dont get subtitles but are there other problems with the "xbmc with external player" method because I just don't get what difference it makes.

I guess it's things like audio track selection, de-interlacing method, scaling quality, zoom/crop options, navigation UI, on-screen display info, automatic frame rate selection etc. as well as subtitles?
(2013-02-15, 01:39)noggin Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 01:34)thebearnecessit Wrote: I don't understand everyones problem with using "xbmc with external player". its xbmc but when you click on a video it secretly uses another player.

I guess it's things like audio track selection, de-interlacing method, scaling quality, zoom/crop options, navigation UI, on-screen display info, automatic frame rate selection etc. as well as subtitles?

fair enough its not ideal, but none of those things seem crucial. you can watch movies in HD with "xbmc with external player" and then wait for a new version/fix down the line. dont see why it would stop folk buying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rockchip RK3066 XBMC1