• 72(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
If using OpenELEC, spotyxbmc2 now works also on the Raspberry Pi.
(2013-01-27, 18:52)Tompen Wrote: If using OpenELEC, spotyxbmc2 now works also on the Raspberry Pi.

so if i buy a raspberry pi then how to i get spotyxbmc2 onto it?

you got any links? or does it need compiled?
thebearnecessit, see the first post in this thread for the link. Yes it need to be compiled.
XBMC 12 is Final now! Someone already building spotyxbmc2 for XBMC 12 Final?
Can someone provide an exe-file / pre-compiled version of Frodo (for Windows 7) including spotyxbmc.. :-)

Would be great!
That's not possible because you need to compile your own Spotify API Key in the sourcecode.
But it is not that complicated to compile your own SpotyXBMC2 software.
Just follow the guide.
That's not possible because you need to compile your own Spotify API Key in the sourcecode.
But it is not that complicated to compile your own SpotyXBMC2 software.
Just follow the guide.
(2013-01-30, 11:29)duncanvdlinden Wrote: XBMC 12 is Final now! Someone already building spotyxbmc2 for XBMC 12 Final?

+1

please can someone make a version of xbmc 12 with spotify integrated that we can compile?

At the moment I'm using an xbmc that is version 12 RC3 (release candidate 3) but my OCD dictates that I must have the final version of version 12 Big Grin
(2011-09-06, 17:35)Gr8rtek Wrote: ...
Set Up the Build Environment

Prerequisites
Git for Windows [http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list ]
Visual C++ Express [http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en...pp-express ]
DirectX SDK [http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...en&id=6812 ]
Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS) [http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsis/fil...%202/2.46/ ]
Spotify Premium Account [http://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/premium/ ]

Install guide for Git for Windows can be found at http://help.github.com/win-set-up-git/
If you read through the XBMC build documentation it says NSIS is optional depending on how you intend to install XBMC. I chose to install it so I could create an installer to deploy XBMC with Spotify to multiple Windows machines.

Once the build environment is successfully set up, we can begin!

Acquire the Necessary Software
1. Launch Git for Windows (Git Bash shortcut on desktop)
2. Determine your current directory location by typing pwd
3. Navigate to the root directory by typing cd /c/
4. Create a Build/Dev directory by typing mkdir dev
5. Change to the new directory by typing cd dev
6. Download the SpotyXBMC source code by typing:
git clone git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git
7. While these files are downloading, go get your Spotify AppKey
[INDENT]1. Open a browser and go to *http://developer.spotify.com/en/libspoti...ation-key/
2. Log in with your Spotify credentials
3. Click on the c-code link to be redirected to a different page
4. Highlight all of the text [CTRL-A] and copy [CTRL-C]
5. Open a text editor like Notepad or equivalent
6. Paste the contents from the clipboard [CTRL-V]
7. Save the file as appkey.h in the folder c:\dev\spotyxbmc2
8. In the Save As type drop-down menu, select “All Files”
9. Click Save
[/INDENT]
8. Once the files have downloaded from Step 6, you can exit out of Git for Windows by typing exit
9. Open Windows Explorer [WinKey-E] and navigate to c:\dev\spotyxbmc2\project\BuildDependencies
10. Double-click the file DownloadBuildDeps.bat
11. Wait for the script to finish and the command window to close
12. Double-click the file DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat
13. Wait for the script to finish and the command window to close
14. Navigate to c:\dev\spotyxbmc2\project\Win32BuildSetup
15. Double-click the file named buildmingwlibs.bat
16. Wait for the script to finish
17. Now navigate to c:\dev\spotyxbmc2\project\VS2010Express
18. Right-click the file named XBMC for Windows.sln and select Open With >> Visual C++ Express
19. Wait a few minutes until the status in the lower left corner quits updating or reads “Ready”
20. Locate the three drop-down menus in the main toolbar
[INDENT]1. In the first (left) drop down menu, change Debug to Release (DirectX)
2. The second (middle) drop down menu should read Win32
[/INDENT]
21. Press F7 to begin the build process
22. Wait a few minutes for this step to complete
[INDENT]1. Monitor the text in the Output window across the bottom of the app
2. The final line should read something like “Build Successful”
[/INDENT]
23. Exit out of Visual C++ Express
24. Go back to Windows Explorer and you should see a new folder named XBMC in c:\dev\spotyxbmc2\project\VS2010Express
25. Navigate to c:\dev\spotyxbmc2\project\Win32BuildSetup\dependencies
26. Copy all of the .dll files from this location to c:\dev\spotyxbmc2\project\VS2010Express\XBMC\Debug (DirectX)
27. Navigate to c:\dev\spotyxbmc2\project\Win32BuildSetup
28. Double-click the file named BuildSetup.bat
[INDENT]1. This is where actual software developers may have a dissenting opinion, saying that it is not necessary to run this after going through the previous steps. Again, I am including this because these are the “exact” steps I followed to successfully get Spotify working with XBMC.
[/INDENT]
29. Wait for the script to finish
[INDENT]1. You will know it is complete when it asks if you want to view the Debug log file. Type Y or N (your choice!) and then press the elusive Any Key to exit
[/INDENT]
30. You should now have a custom installer named XBMCSetup_[release date]_[build#].exe in c:\dev\spotyxbmc2\project\Win32BuildSetup
31. You can double-click the executable and install XBMC
[INDENT]1. If XBMC is already installed, you can uninstall it but keep your userdata folder
[/INDENT]

Configuring XBMC with Spotify
1. Launch XBMC [Start > All Programs > XBMC > XBMC]
2. Navigate to System > Add-Ons > Enabled Add-Ons > Music Add-Ons
3. Select SpotyXBMC
4. Select Configure
5. Select the radio button next to Enable
6. Enter your Spotify username
7. Enter your Spotify password
[INDENT]1. IMPORTANT! Several users have reported issues if their Spotify password starts with an upper-case letter. I got this working after changing my password to one that begins with a lower-case letter.
[/INDENT]
8. Select OK
9. Press ESC a few times to return to the Home window
10. Exit XBMC
11. Launch XBMC [Start > All Programs > XBMC > XBMC]
12. Select Music
[INDENT]1. If XBMC was installed previously and you had music in your library, you should now see your Spotify playlists in the Playlist section, as well as being able to use the Search function to search for artists/songs/albums on Spotify
2. If you did not have XBMC installed prior to this, you will need to add some music to XBMC before you can enable the library
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]1. From the Home window go to Music > Add Source
2. You can either point XBMC to your existing music library or simply copy a few MP3 files to your computer and then point XBMC to those files in this step
3. If you choose to do this, it may be helpful to ensure your files are structured as <Artist Name>/<Album Name>/<Track ## - Track Name>
4. Once you add a few tracks/many tracks, highlight an artist, press C on the keyboard and select Scan Item to Library
5. Wait a few minutes for this process to complete
6. Press the left arrow on the keyboard
7. Scroll down and ensure the radio button next to Library is selected/active
8. Press the right arrow to return to the Music section
9. Press ESC to return to the Home window
10. Select Music again and with any luck you should now see your Spotify playlists in the Playlist section, as well as being able to use the Search function to search for artists/songs/albums on Spotify
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Of course, feedback is welcome! Hopefully this guide will prove useful to someone else out there. If it is helpful, perhaps a Moderator would consider moving it to the HOW-TO section of the forums.

I tried following these instructions, but the build failed in Visual C++ 2010 Express (step 22). I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but this looked quite bad:
Code:
5>  ass.c
5>..\..\libass\ass.c(36): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'iconv.h': No such file or directory
5>  ass_bitmap.c
5>..\..\libass\ass_bitmap.c(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ft2build.h': No such file or directory
5>  ass_cache.c
5>..\..\libass\ass_cache.c(23): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ft2build.h': No such file or directory
5>  ass_drawing.c
5>..\..\libass\ass_drawing.c(19): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ft2build.h': No such file or directory
5>  ass_font.c
5>..\..\libass\ass_font.c(22): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ft2build.h': No such file or directory
5>  ass_fontconfig.c
5>..\..\libass\ass_fontconfig.c(31): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ft2build.h': No such file or directory
5>  ass_parse.c
5>c:\spotyxbmc2\lib\libass\libass\ass_render.h(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ft2build.h': No such file or directory
5>  ass_render.c
5>c:\spotyxbmc2\lib\libass\libass\ass_render.h(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ft2build.h': No such file or directory
5>  ass_render_api.c
5>  ass_shaper.c
5>..\..\libass\ass_shaper.c(21): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fribidi/fribidi.h': No such file or directory
5>  ass_utils.c
5>..\..\libass\ass_utils.c(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ft2build.h': No such file or directory
5>  Generating Code...
3>..\..\xbmc\addons/IAddon.h(21): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/shared_ptr.hpp': No such file or directory
At the end of the file it said "========== Build: 1 succeeded, 4 failed, 34 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========". Any ideas what I need to fix?

On a side note, apart from not having Spotify my current Eden installation is pretty much how I want it. Is installing this going to wreck all of my current add-ons?
https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/tree/Frodo Wink

Not tested on windows, works fine for me on Ubuntu
(2013-02-02, 23:29)neoflex Wrote: https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/tree/Frodo Wink

Not tested on windows, works fine for me on Ubuntu

I just compiled a working copy in windows. I had to edit "XBMC.vcxproj.filters", there were some end tags missing.

Music playback works just fine, however I can't get fan art from HTBackdrops to work, does that work for you? Tried a few different skins without any success, maybe they changed something in Frodo that broke this feature?
Thanks for pointing out the problem with XBMC.vcxproj.filters, should be fixed now.

No, I didn't try the HTBackdrops functionality, sorry.
No post
(2013-02-03, 05:35)Zebbe152 Wrote: Music playback works just fine, however I can't get fan art from HTBackdrops to work, does that work for you? Tried a few different skins without any success, maybe they changed something in Frodo that broke this feature?

Maybe this solves it.
After I made this change HTBackdrops works for me in OpenELEC.

The change I did was:
In xbmc/music/spotyXBMC I changed all occurances of:
Code:
SetProperty("fanart_image",
to
Code:
SetArt("fanart",
(2013-02-06, 00:32)Tompen Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 05:35)Zebbe152 Wrote: Music playback works just fine, however I can't get fan art from HTBackdrops to work, does that work for you? Tried a few different skins without any success, maybe they changed something in Frodo that broke this feature?

Maybe this solves it.

The change I did was:
Code:
to
Code:
SetArt("fanart",

I found your fix a couple of days ago and tried it. Works perfectly Smile
(2013-02-06, 09:47)Zebbe152 Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 00:32)Tompen Wrote:

Maybe this solves it.

The change I did was:
Code:
to
Code:
SetArt("fanart",

I found your fix a couple of days ago and tried it. Works perfectly Smile

Hi all,

still cant get this to work even after the changes... Which skin are you using and which settings for the background ?
I am using Aeon Nox with background setting "artistfanart". I am only getting a green spotify-logo in background Sad

Any ideas ?

Thx.
Tom
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10