• 36(current)
Design Flaws / Missing Features
Hi Stoli, I don't think I've said so yet, but I've been using this skin for quite a while now and I love it, so thanks for all your work. I'm also using your skin to learn about skinning myself. A few quick questions though:

1. Have you noticed the horizontal bar near the top of the shutdown menu, where the transparent shadow on the edge doesn't seem to match the rest of the menu for just a few pixels? I played with some of the files in the skin and found were to edit menu items, but can seem to find anything that has an effect on the quirk I'm attempting to describe. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: http://grab.by/ezZO

2. Have you noticed that if you disable a lot of the available home menu options, the text of the menu items on either side of the selected item gets really dim as you scroll through menu items, then gradually gets brighter again as you continue to cycle through the menu? It's really apparent if you gor down to say 4 menu options. Just cycle through them and watch the menu items on either side of the one that's highlighted.

3. I notice that on the keyboard, the button to move the cursor forward one space is marked with a '>' but the button to move the cursor back one space is blank. Is it only showing up like that for me?

4. Does the Restart XBMC menu choice do anything? Because for me it does not. In my own edited version of your skin, I hard mapped it to a script that does a 'killall -9 xbmc.bin' which works okay, but nothing happens when I click it on your version. The menus just closes.

5. Any chance of adding another slot or two for customizing the submenus for items like TV Shows? For example, it's great to be able to set a non-video addon as a favorite and use it here (I love that Next Aired can go under TV Shows using your skin; Confluence only lets you pick from video addons when customizing shortcuts that go under video menu options), but it would be even cooler if I could also add Sickbeard control here as well, and maybe even a hulu shortcut, without sacrificing the TV Guide. It's not too hard to go to the favorites menu for these, but in the name of making a wife-friendly PVR, it would be great to dial it in a little cleaner. While she's not likely to need a shortcut to browse our shows by Year, I'd love to make it easier for her to control what we record, see upcoming episodes, get to plugins that offer TV Shows she watches, etc., all from the TV Shows submenu.

6. Do you have any plans to add to the choices available for adding custom menu items and submenu items? I have seen in some skins where you don't have to choose a favorite or a playlist. For example, in the XeeBo skin, if you enable the alternat home layout, you can add custom items to the home screen. But when you go to add a custom item, you don't choose from slots like "Custom Favorite 1" or "Custom Playlist 1," you just choose "Custom Item #1" and are given the choice between Fovourite, Music Playlist, Video Playlist, Program Addon, Picture Addon, Music Addon, Video Addon, or defining your own custom path. If this could be done for custom menu items on your skin, I imagine users would have ultimate control over their homescreen. Especially if you could setup sub mens with equal flexibility (like choosing a favorite video plugin as a main menu item, and some of your favorite shows for that plugin in the submenu.

Regardless of what you have time to incorporate, thank you again for such a great skin.
XBMCbuntu 11.0
Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID34
URC RF-20 (configured with Flirc)
Hi,

Recently, I've noticed that the audio icon for Dolby Digital soundtracks is now displayed as AC3 - is there any way to revert back to the Dolby icon? I use Neon as my preferred skin, however, when switching to the default Conflluence, the problem disappears and the DD icon returns.

Also, is it possible for you to add an audio icon for PCM soundtracks in future updates?

Thanks

Big Grin
Stoli, please pardon a bump for the questions above? No real hurry but it's been a while so I wanted to see if you are still monitoring this thread. Thanks in advance.
XBMCbuntu 11.0
Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID34
URC RF-20 (configured with Flirc)
Bug 
First up, great skin!

Currently using all 5 custom playlists for the home screen. All of them have 'Start Playing Automatically' deactivated.

The first 4 are working perfectly, as expected.

The 5th custom playlist (which I have labelled 'Documentaries') is causing strange behaviour:

The home screen now shows two duplicate menu options called 'Documentaries', which it shouldn't as far as I can see.

Selecting the first menu heading 'Documentaries' plays the first file in the playlist immediately. (as though Start Playing Automatically' was enabled).

Selecting the second 'Documentaries' heading loads the allocated smart playlist as expected.

Seems to only occur with the 5th custom playlist no matter the title or playlist allocated to it.

Not sure what's causing this but I can't see anything else that can be changed\modified.

Hope that makes sense!
(2012-02-16, 04:22)seer_tenedos Wrote: As far as i can tell i am running latest SVN of Neon with a HI10 pre Eden Build from another thread. The skin works perfectly apart from 1 things. I have added 5 custom playlists to the menu of XBMC and i find that the 5th playlist gets listed twice. If you click on the first instance of it in the menu it will either take ages and error or it will take ages then play the first thing in your playlist. If you click the second link for the playlist on the menu the playlist is displayed as expected. This has been happening for me for a while but i thought i must either be doing something wrong or it would have been fixed in SVN version of the skin but it still seems to be occurring.

Is it a know bug or am i somehow doing something wrong?

I've got the same problem, so I guess it's a bug...
Unless we're both doing something wrong.

Still, if it is a bug, will it be fixed soon?

(2012-02-10, 20:33)stoli Wrote:
ixnu Wrote:Stoli,

Thank you very much for all of your hard work! Neon (and Metropolis) are my very favorite skins.

1 - Is there any way to have the City displayed on the Weather page? I have 3 favorite cities and I'm never sure which city is displayed.

2- When displaying a smart list in library mode, the items count appears to be written twice in the count display.

Thanks again!

1. Most likely - I never thought about it since I only use one location. I'll add it if it's possible.

2. I'll look into that.

Thanks,

I use three favorite cities and two of them are similar in weather so I can't tell which one I am viewing. If there's any way to indicate which it would be a big help.
(2012-03-08, 18:47)stoli Wrote:
surprisejunkie Wrote:already attempted this previously but unfortunately neither thing works.

here's a log: http://pastebin.com/hPsaixZL
if anything can be done it would be great help since i really don't want to go through a clean install again

thanks

EDIT: actually did try a completely fresh install, deleted any previous trace of anything but still get the same result with shelf view broken. odd

It does appear to be borked up - I'll work on it this weekend.

Wondering if there has been any progress made on this?
(2013-02-09, 04:52)dadsickle Wrote: Wondering if there has been any progress made on this?

You might have noticed it is now significantly later and we have moved to Frodo.
If you are running Frodo and the latest version of the skin, and the issue is still present please explain the issue (with screenshot if possible) and post it in the thread in my signature.
Hi, forgive if this has already been covered, I'm somewhat of a noob to XBMC. Only been using for 4 months or so.

I'm using the Neon skin and in the TV Shows section I have the view set to Bannerpannel. When I add in new TV folder the bannerpanel artwork is just displayed as white but previous folders keep there artwork.

I tried refreshing the show and downloading artwork but to no avail.

I downloaded back to Eden 11.0 but this did not fix the issue. I also cannot update the skin from within the XBMC menu.
(2013-02-17, 09:07)whatupdan Wrote: Hi, forgive if this has already been covered, I'm somewhat of a noob to XBMC. Only been using for 4 months or so.

I'm using the Neon skin and in the TV Shows section I have the view set to Bannerpannel. When I add in new TV folder the bannerpanel artwork is just displayed as white but previous folders keep there artwork.

I tried refreshing the show and downloading artwork but to no avail.

I downloaded back to Eden 11.0 but this did not fix the issue. I also cannot update the skin from within the XBMC menu.

Please take this to this thread. Make sure to read the first post of that thread and please let me know what version of the skin you are running and on what OS.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Design Flaws / Missing Features0