• 59(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
(2013-02-09, 23:31)spooner404 Wrote: I am having problems with mine working, it connects to the webgui but it cannot play any of the streams. It says:
"video not found or access denied: localhost:8559/video.flv"
When I look at the command line that opens up when I run tv.exe it said it couldn't use tuner 4, but now it doesn't display anything but the tuners.
+1. Same, except mine doesn't say anything about tuner 4. It starts out by saying "Starting Video Stream", then "Starting VLC transcode parameters" and finally "Failed to start Video stream".

I could never get this to work on the old remote ceton app either. It works fine with my Ceton card, just not the HDHR. I haven't tried the new server with the Ceton yet.

**UPDATE** Ok, I was trying to run this server from a Windows 8 virtual machine and it wasn't working with the HDHR. I tried it on Server 2012 physical machine and it works. Might be a difference in configuration or might be the fact that it is virtual machine?

I'm using only a ceton card and the old version works fine but the newer one is giving me a few problems. And I don't get information in the logs other then the tuners that it has connected.
(2013-02-09, 23:31)spooner404 Wrote: I am having problems with mine working, it connects to the webgui but it cannot play any of the streams. It says:
When I look at the command line that opens up when I run tv.exe it said it couldn't use tuner 4, but now it doesn't display anything but the tuners.

I am also having a problem connecting my Galaxy S3 to it since it goes to the login screen even if it is disabled. I put the information in and press login but it doesn't go anywhere, this is using the old /m/iphone.html path.

Windows 7 64bit
Ceton

For the "video not found or access denied: localhost:8559/video.flv" message, thats just what shows up if the stream cant play. I'll clean that up later.

If you check your task manager, is there any vlc.exe or tv.exe processes running?
Try killing them all. Then retry and send me a link to http://pastebin.com/ of the logs/log-tv_server.log file
(2013-02-09, 23:42)jfoley Wrote: **UPDATE** Ok, I was trying to run this server from a Windows 8 virtual machine and it wasn't working with the HDHR. I tried it on Server 2012 physical machine and it works. Might be a difference in configuration or might be the fact that it is virtual machine?

Let me know if you try ceton. Seems like other people are having problems :\, but it works fine for me.
I am using version 0.5b with my Ceton and in XBMC I am unable to playback video (your previous remoteceton worked fine). I get a message that says "Could not get an available tuner. Failed to play channel. Please try again." I definitely have available tuners. Thoughts?
(2013-02-10, 00:08)LehighBri Wrote: I am using version 0.5b with my Ceton and in XBMC I am unable to playback video (your previous remoteceton worked fine). I get a message that says "Could not get an available tuner. Failed to play channel. Please try again." I definitely have available tuners. Thoughts?

I have an extra check that my old program didnt have. I'm guessing thats your issue.
Try this server: http://www.mediafire.com/?20hcemu0r2jitz8
Now I am trying to figure out how to access outside of my network. Which ports does it use for streaming? Prior it used 8556-8559 by default?

Also, for your Ceton question. I am also having a problem getting it to work with my Ceton. The Ceton doesn't need to be bridged to my NIC does it? I am running Server 2012 and I don't believe you can bridge the Ceton in Server 2012 or Windows 8 any longer.
(2013-02-10, 00:14)jfoley Wrote: Now I am trying to figure out how to access outside of my network. Which ports does it use for streaming? Prior it used 8556-8559 by default?

Check settings page (default should be 8888). I only use one port now.
To access settings page, just run tv.exe again.
(2013-02-10, 00:14)jfoley Wrote: Also, for your Ceton question. I am also having a problem getting it to work with my Ceton. The Ceton doesn't need to be bridged to my NIC does it? I am running Server 2012 and I don't believe you can bridge the Ceton in Server 2012 or Windows 8 any longer.

I run mine without bridging (using the default ip in my settings: 192.168.200.1). I'm also running the latest beta firmware (not sure if that affects anything). Running it using Windows 7 x64 though.
For the most part though, the code for ceton is the same as the old remoteceton program.

Note: I think theres instructions online to bridge the Ceton and Windows 8 manually. Ceton just doesnt support it anymore, but I think people still got it to work.
(2013-02-09, 23:58)spooner404 Wrote: I'm using only a ceton card and the old version works fine but the newer one is giving me a few problems. And I don't get information in the logs other then the tuners that it has connected.

I got your pm. So its working for you now on the laptop? Just not on the S3?
btw: You have private messaging disabled, so I cant send you a message
(2013-02-10, 00:04)mcheng89 Wrote: [quote='spooner404' pid='1330362' dateline='1360445509']
I am having problems with mine working, it connects to the webgui but it cannot play any of the streams. It says:

I am also having a problem connecting my Galaxy S3 to it since it goes to the login screen even if it is disabled. I put the information in and press login but it doesn't go anywhere, this is using the old /m/iphone.html path.

Windows 7 64bit
Ceton

Ok, now it works and the only thing I did was reinstall the plugin from remoteCeton (it wasn't working with it installed before). But I can only stream one device at a time or I get an error on the device and that doesn't show on the logs. The S3 is working now but it only plays for a few seconds and then it will time out and go back to the guide screen. It would freeze on remoteCeton because it was buffering but now it "completes" the task and acts like nothing is trying to pull the stream anymore. I sent over the logs so you could see the difference when the different devices are connecting.

(2013-02-10, 00:28)mcheng89 Wrote: btw: You have private messaging disabled, so I cant send you a message

No wonder I was never hearing back from anyone, it's fixed now. :facepalm:
(2013-02-10, 00:37)spooner404 Wrote: Ok, now it works and the only thing I did was reinstall the plugin from remoteCeton (it wasn't working with it installed before). But I can only stream one device at a time or I get an error on the device and that doesn't show on the logs. The S3 is working now but it only plays for a few seconds and then it will time out and go back to the guide screen. It would freeze on remoteCeton because it was buffering but now it "completes" the task and acts like nothing is trying to pull the stream anymore. I sent over the logs so you could see the difference when the different devices are connecting.

I'll add some more logging info later. I need to see how often the S3 makes a request for the next video segment. Maybe I'm shutting down the stream too quickly....

What did you mean by this: "But I can only stream one device at a time or I get an error on the device and that doesn't show on the logs"?
What error on the device? (Ignore the multiple devices question. I misread what you meant) There's an issue with mobile devices and autoselection that I need to fix. It holds onto a tuner for a longer time than your laptop, so the program thinks it's in use.
(2013-02-10, 00:12)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 00:08)LehighBri Wrote: I am using version 0.5b with my Ceton and in XBMC I am unable to playback video (your previous remoteceton worked fine). I get a message that says "Could not get an available tuner. Failed to play channel. Please try again." I definitely have available tuners. Thoughts?

I have an extra check that my old program didnt have. I'm guessing thats your issue.

Getting warmer. The error message doesn't appear and I get the logging below, but the video does not play back (using XBMC frodo on windows 7 32-bit).

[2.9.2013.17:55:29]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][4]: Starting video stream
[2.9.2013.17:55:30]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][4]: VLC started. Setting up program id
filter for stream. [program=683]
Ok, I pretty much have everything working now. I have tested the Ceton by its self and it works. I have tested the HDHR Prime by its self and it also works. The issue I am having now is playing greater than 3 streams. The forth stream I try to start it says the Video not found or access denied. Not that I will ever really need to use more than 3, but I have 7 tuners so I figured i would try. I wanted to see if it would just over to the HDHR after using all the tuners of the Ceton, but I couldn't get to the point of using all the Ceton tuners.
(2013-02-10, 00:56)LehighBri Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 00:12)mcheng89 Wrote:

Getting warmer. The error message doesn't appear and I get the logging below, but the video does not play back (using XBMC frodo on windows 7 32-bit).

[2.9.2013.17:55:30]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][4]: VLC started. Setting up program id

It stops at those lines?
Do you see something that says the stream started successfully?
(2013-02-10, 00:59)jfoley Wrote: Ok, I pretty much have everything working now. I have tested the Ceton by its self and it works. I have tested the HDHR Prime by its self and it also works. The issue I am having now is playing greater than 3 streams. The forth stream I try to start it says the Video not found or access denied. Not that I will ever really need to use more than 3, but I have 7 tuners so I figured i would try. I wanted to see if it would just over to the HDHR after using all the tuners of the Ceton, but I couldn't get to the point of using all the Ceton tuners.

Did you log say anything when you tried the fourth tuner? Smile
I will probably try this out later this week. I've only tested on two tuners so far

Leave me some messages and ill take a look later. Gtg for now
(2013-02-10, 01:08)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 00:56)LehighBri Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 00:12)mcheng89 Wrote: I have an extra check that my old program didnt have. I'm guessing thats your issue.

It stops at those lines?
(2013-02-10, 00:59)jfoley Wrote: Ok, I pretty much have everything working now. I have tested the Ceton by its self and it works. I have tested the HDHR Prime by its self and it also works. The issue I am having now is playing greater than 3 streams. The forth stream I try to start it says the Video not found or access denied. Not that I will ever really need to use more than 3, but I have 7 tuners so I figured i would try. I wanted to see if it would just over to the HDHR after using all the tuners of the Ceton, but I couldn't get to the point of using all the Ceton tuners.

No it stops there. Is there some more detailed logging I should provide?
(2013-02-10, 01:15)LehighBri Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 01:08)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 00:56)LehighBri Wrote: Getting warmer. The error message doesn't appear and I get the logging below, but the video does not play back (using XBMC frodo on windows 7 32-bit).

It stops at those lines?

No it stops there. Is there some more detailed logging I should provide?

Did you install the new vlc plugin? I think I have to make some more checks on the server, but I think that's the issue.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10