• 72(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
will a Micro-ATX ,mother board fit?
(2012-12-22, 08:58)coffeeman Wrote: will a Micro-ATX ,mother board fit?

Not in the case I am using... the ISK 300-65 or 300-150 you need a mini ITX mobo..
Hello,
Just a quick question out of experience, I am planning to use, for a build similar to this, one SSD and one 2,5 inch Hard drive....
Will an 120W picopsu handle them?

Regards
Dimitris
(2012-12-24, 09:45)dkaris Wrote: Hello,
Just a quick question out of experience, I am planning to use, for a build similar to this, one SSD and one 2,5 inch Hard drive....

Regards
Dimitris

Yup... don't forget the extra plug adapters if the picopsu don't have them... (power sata for hard drives and the P4 for the cpu)
(2012-12-24, 10:35)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 09:45)dkaris Wrote: Hello,

Regards
Dimitris

Yup... don't forget the extra plug adapters if the picopsu don't have them... (power sata for hard drives and the P4 for the cpu)
Thanks Beer! I will keep that in mind!

Given the fact that the cost from getting it from US is high....I found the following:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Box-picoPSU...996&sr=8-2

I think it has everything in place. Can you confirm that?
I just built this same setup, except i'm using the stock heatsink/fan at the moment just to get a reference on noise and temps before I put the big beast on it.

However, i'm seeing weird temps in HW monitor now. Initially when I first got everything installed, it was idling around 31C for all 3 cores. After a day of configuring the OS, the temps have dropped significantly at idle. Enough to question if HW monitor is accurate. Now it's idling around 8-10C (~46F). Ambient in the house is 60F. Stock HS/Fan runs ~2000rpm.
The fan isn't loud by any means (barely noticable), but not silent. I also have the side cage fan on low.

I have the bios set to level 1 and target to 50C.

I did one full load test with prime95 and got 60C

Has anybody ran into weird temp readings with the A6-3500?

Thanks
I'm going to build the "A6-PACK", can anyone forsee any issues if I use the A10-5700 65w APU instead of the A6-3500?
Yes, the A10 uses significantly more power than the A6-3500. You'll want a 150W picoPSU for it. It also emits a lot more heat so you'll have to deal with cooling issues if you're going to use the ISK300/310. See this thread for a A10-5700 build: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144728
(2013-01-04, 20:49)Trike Wrote: I just built this same setup, except i'm using the stock heatsink/fan at the moment just to get a reference on noise and temps before I put the big beast on it.

However, i'm seeing weird temps in HW monitor now. Initially when I first got everything installed, it was idling around 31C for all 3 cores. After a day of configuring the OS, the temps have dropped significantly at idle. Enough to question if HW monitor is accurate. Now it's idling around 8-10C (~46F). Ambient in the house is 60F. Stock HS/Fan runs ~2000rpm.
The fan isn't loud by any means (barely noticable), but not silent. I also have the side cage fan on low.

I have the bios set to level 1 and target to 50C.

I did one full load test with prime95 and got 60C

Has anybody ran into weird temp readings with the A6-3500?

Thanks

I think temperature readings on the AMD A-series APU's are a little funky in general. I can't find the thread I was looking for but if you do a quick google search you'll see threads abound with people trying to determine how to accurately read temperatures.
From what I know the A8 series the temps are funky on HW.... 3C or so on idle... jeje but I have never had a problem with the temps on a A6-3500 chip..
I've got an issue with mine.

I get no video at power on. Does a 4-pin ATX 12V power have to be connected to post bios?
(2013-02-20, 02:49)cwide Wrote: I get no video at power on. Does a 4-pin ATX 12V power have to be connected to post bios?

Yes, and at least one stick of memory.
Right after much deliberating ive decided to build one of these bad boys!
But im afraid Ive fallen at the first hurdle I cant buy the 300-65 case anywhere! Can someone explain how difficult it would be to take out the internal 150w psu from the antec isk 300-150 and use a 120 w picopsu . I have read its possible to put it the shuriken rev b but the psu needs to be modded / moved. But I really like the idea of a silent setup.

Apart from the psu the cases are supposed to identical right?
This case and this case already comes with a DC powerboard/AC adapter that will work for the A6-PACK and might end up being cheaper than getting a 300 or 310-150 and replacing the PSU with a picoPSU. There are a few threads here with A6-PACK builds (or even A10-PACK) in these cases.
Hi dougie thanks for the advice. Being honest I dont like the case as much as the antec but ripping out the psu simply for aesthetics and less noise is going to be costly .... its a tough call! Are there any uk suppliers of this alternative besides your site dougie? International shipping + customs = Sad
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10