Can't connect to SMB, NFS or AFP with Xbian
First of all I am a noob to Pi and Xbian but not XBMC. Plus I don't know much about command line stuff so I tend to stay away from that. Hence the reason why I chose Xbian since it has a nice and simple GUI installer for OSX. Cudos to all who worked on that and everything on Xbian, it's great and easy to configure.

That said I connected XMBC to my Synology NAS through uPnp only. SMB, NFS or AFP can't connect and I don't know why. I tried to manually add a new location either by name or ip with user name/password etc... But nothing works. So I tested the same operation on my MacbookPro with a fresh copy of XBMC and it's working. So I can rule out the NAS.

I run my Pi with a AData SDHC 8Gb, Belkin wifi dongle, 5v 1a PSU, Xbian 1.0 a5, XBMC 12.

Last thing, everything else works great... Videos plays smooth even in HD. but I would like to use Scrappers which I can't using uPnp. I tried connecting to my other XBMC which I enabled uPnp sharing. It works but navigating through the folders is a pain ( artist, producer, genre, etc...)

Thanks for your help.
I tried out Xbian this weekend and had the same problem.
All my network devices could connect through SMB shares.
I could mount my shared folders on the RPi but when I defined sources with scrapper it would not stick. So no scrapping of my media.

I switched to openElec that worked great. Wink
(2013-02-25, 18:22)dochyde Wrote: I tried out Xbian this weekend and had the same problem.
All my network devices could connect through SMB shares.
I could mount my shared folders on the RPi but when I defined sources with scrapper it would not stick. So no scrapping of my media.

I switched to openElec that worked great. Wink

I just tried openElec and I confirm that it works like it should. So there may be a problem with Xbian version 1.0 a5. This is sad because it is much more easier to configure and it recognize my wifi dongle right away which OpenElec did not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't connect to SMB, NFS or AFP with Xbian0