• 262(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2013-03-07, 02:34)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 00:50)Guile Wrote: I'm also still having problem with PTV loading my videos. It won't finish and usually chokes (I hear it's m2ts files causing this, maybe).

I have a TON of m2ts files in my collection. Does anybody know if there is a workaround for this? I REALLY want to get this working (with Frodo).

Thanks!!

Re-encode your videos to a different container.

That is NOT an option for me. I have WAY too large a collection to even contemplate doing something like that. I'm hopefull that perhaps a change will be made to allow m2ts files to load without a snag. I do not know how to code and have no idea how involved it would be to implement that type of change....or if it's even feasible.
(2013-03-07, 02:47)Doctor3D Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 00:50)Guile Wrote: I'm also still having problem with PTV loading my videos. It won't finish and usually chokes (I hear it's m2ts files causing this, maybe).

I have a TON of m2ts files in my collection. Does anybody know if there is a workaround for this? I REALLY want to get this working (with Frodo).

Thanks!!

PTV seems pretty picky about certain file-types. I've had some trouble with a few different ones myself. I've had some partial success with putting them in directories - in small quantities - and loading them as test channels. (For example: Some m2TS files may load, and others won't)

While they load - i pull up the log - and note each one that doesn't work (Freezes PTV) - and prevent those specific files from being loaded in PTV. It's tedious.

Of course, you may find that ALL of your m2TS (or any other file-type) files don't work - and then you're going to need a different solution.

I guess I'll have to play around with it, thanks.
Does anyone have a small m2ts file that chokes? I know this is a problem for people, but I have yet to find a file that actually fails for me. If someone could point me to one, I could debug.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
(2013-03-07, 02:34)mwkurt Wrote: Mark

(2013-03-06, 22:24)noonya Wrote: Having a lot of trouble with stable-pre in frodo. This is the error message in the log file. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Quote:11:47:11 T:147214336 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:47:11 T:149716992 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:47:13 T:149716992 ERROR: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-85aa0e6/resources/lib/Overlay.py:70: DeprecationWarning: object.init() takes no parameters xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.init(self, args, *kwargs)
11:47:13 T:149716992 ERROR: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-85aa0e6/resources/lib/Overlay.py:41: DeprecationWarning: object.init() takes no parameters xbmc.Player.init(self, xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)
11:47:30 T:149716992 ERROR: Seek - Error( 2976126865)
11:47:30 T:149716992 ERROR: Seek - Error( 4370632784)
11:47:30 T:149716992 ERROR: Seek - Error( 3329269940)

You should probably try the development version.

Mark

I have installed the development version linked to in the first page of this thread. Is there a different version I should try? If no, any other suggestions? Thanks.
(2013-03-07, 16:12)noonya Wrote:

(2013-03-06, 22:24)noonya Wrote: Having a lot of trouble with stable-pre in frodo. This is the error message in the log file. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Mark

I have installed the development version linked to in the first page of this thread. Is there a different version I should try? If no, any other suggestions? Thanks.

In your original comment above, you mention "stable-pre". I do not think that is the development version. Just to be clear you have downloaded from the link on the first page that says "Latest Developement Version"? If yes, then nevermind.

Mark
(2013-03-07, 17:10)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 16:12)noonya Wrote:

Mark

In your original comment above, you mention "stable-pre". I do not think that is the development version. Just to be clear you have downloaded from the link on the first page that says "Latest Developement Version"? If yes, then nevermind.

Mark

Yes- apologies, the version on the front page. My fault. Any other suggestions as to how to fix the issue?
Anyone else have any issues with the "Pause When Not Watching" feature with the latest development build? Whenever I apply that rule to any channel the channel listing shows up blank in my EPG. Also if I try to select it, the EPG immediately closes. The issue is occurring with channel 60 in the screenshots below:

I don't believe it is a skin issue since it also happens with the default skin:

I can navigate to the channel if I enter the channel number with my remote, and when I pull up the EPG the channel listing displays fine (while the channel is playing) but when I navigate away it shows blank (when it's paused):

I remember in Eden, whenever a channel was paused it would display the show name with the word (paused) next to it. Any thoughts as to why that's not happening here?
(2013-03-07, 15:19)Jason102 Wrote: Does anyone have a small m2ts file that chokes? I know this is a problem for people, but I have yet to find a file that actually fails for me. If someone could point me to one, I could debug.

Let me see what I can find, thanks (much).

Is anybody able to get Hulu streams (from Bluecop RH) working within PTV on Frodo? I've added streams to my TV library and for some reason, PTV will NOT pick them up. I've tried it manually as well but nothing.
After updated to Frodo and Aeon Nox 4, I have PTV working pretty well, but I've noticed my channel logo's are tiny lower right hand side when an episode is playing. I've been scouring the forums on this and have noticed other people mentioning this as well, but have not seen anyone respond. Does anyone know how to get the channel logos back to the old size?
(2013-03-07, 22:49)Guile Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 15:19)Jason102 Wrote: Does anyone have a small m2ts file that chokes? I know this is a problem for people, but I have yet to find a file that actually fails for me. If someone could point me to one, I could debug.

Is anybody able to get Hulu streams (from Bluecop RH) working within PTV on Frodo? I've added streams to my TV library and for some reason, PTV will NOT pick them up. I've tried it manually as well but nothing.

Hulu streams have been very hit-and-miss for me in PTV on Frodo. I know for sure that Hulu streams work for me in PTV if I make a "tvshow" smart playlist of Hulu shows in my library and load that as a custom playlist for my channels. For some reason it refuses to work the majority of the time if I make an "episode" smart playlist, which is why I believe that setting a channel to a specific TV Network (e.g. ABC, NBC, etc..) results in it not populating with any Hulu streams. Try making "tvshow" smart playlists and adding rules where the studio for each playlist is ABC, NBC, etc... and using those as custom playlists for each channel.
(2013-03-08, 01:29)XeroKool Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 22:49)Guile Wrote:

Hulu streams have been very hit-and-miss for me in PTV on Frodo. I know for sure that Hulu streams work for me in PTV if I make a "tvshow" smart playlist of Hulu shows in my library and load that as a custom playlist for my channels. For some reason it refuses to work the majority of the time if I make an "episode" smart playlist, which is why I believe that setting a channel to a specific TV Network (e.g. ABC, NBC, etc..) results in it not populating with any Hulu streams. Try making "tvshow" smart playlists and adding rules where the studio for each playlist is ABC, NBC, etc... and using those as custom playlists for each channel.

I did try exactly that earlier but again, it would NOT even show up in the list. I did create the "tvshow" playlist with the rules "Titles" and "is" for the name of the show (which was loaded into my TV library from subscriptions. Ideally it would be great if I could get PTV to do everything automatically but I would be very happy if I could get this working via programming custom channels. HuLu (amoung other streaming programs) REALLY opens up the viewing choices.

I can't get ANY outside streamng to work with PTV. I would love to hae ICE and Freecable and a few others working.
(2013-03-08, 02:23)Guile Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 01:29)XeroKool Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 22:49)Guile Wrote: Let me see what I can find, thanks (much).

I did try exactly that earlier but again, it would NOT even show up in the list. I did create the "tvshow" playlist with the rules "Titles" and "is" for the name of the show (which was loaded into my TV library from subscriptions. Ideally it would be great if I could get PTV to do everything automatically but I would be very happy if I could get this working via programming custom channels. HuLu (amoung other streaming programs) REALLY opens up the viewing choices.

I can't get ANY outside streamng to work with PTV. I would love to hae ICE and Freecable and a few others working.

I have both Amazon and Hulu now working in PTV. Hulu was a pain up until a few days ago when I figured out the tvshow smart playlist 'solution'. In the last screenshot from my post above all the shows listed are either from Amazon or Hulu. One other thing I did notice is that the titles for episodes from Hulu streams have ".strm" appended to them in PTV. BTW, make sure you are using the latest development build. Also, try checking your addons folder and making sure you don't have two versions of PTV in there. I know if you install the dev build from zip through XBMC it'll create a folder called "Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV etc..." in your addons folder instead of overwriting "script.pseudotv". If you have both delete the latter and restart XBMC. Also delete any addon_data for pseudotv in your userdata folder to start fresh.
(2013-03-08, 03:03)XeroKool Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 01:29)XeroKool Wrote: Hulu streams have been very hit-and-miss for me in PTV on Frodo. I know for sure that Hulu streams work for me in PTV if I make a "tvshow" smart playlist of Hulu shows in my library and load that as a custom playlist for my channels. For some reason it refuses to work the majority of the time if I make an "episode" smart playlist, which is why I believe that setting a channel to a specific TV Network (e.g. ABC, NBC, etc..) results in it not populating with any Hulu streams. Try making "tvshow" smart playlists and adding rules where the studio for each playlist is ABC, NBC, etc... and using those as custom playlists for each channel.

I have both Amazon and Hulu now working in PTV. Hulu was a pain up until a few days ago when I figured out the tvshow smart playlist 'solution'. In the last screenshot from my post above all the shows listed are either from Amazon or Hulu. One other thing I did notice is that the titles for episodes from Hulu streams have ".strm" appended to them in PTV.

Thanks for this guys. I was having problems with Hulu too. -This works fine now - the only problem is building channels now take up to 5 times longer since you can't put a limit on the number of episodes. Worth the wait though to actually get to see the episodes you have from Hulu.
Big Grin I was able to 'fix' the issue that I was having here by changing the following lines of code in "EPGWindow.py":

Changed lines 296-301 from this:
Code:
if self.MyOverlayWindow.channels[curchannel - 1].isPaused:
                self.channelButtons[row].append(self.getButton())
                self.channelButtons[row][-1].setHeight(baseh)
                self.channelButtons[row][-1].setWidth(basew)
                self.channelButtons[row][-1].setLabel(self.MyOverlayWindow.channels[curchannel - 1].getCurrentTitle() + " (paused)")
                self.channelButtons[row][-1].setPosition(basex, basey)

To this:
Code:
if self.MyOverlayWindow.channels[curchannel - 1].isPaused:
                self.channelButtons[row].append(xbmcgui.ControlButton(
                    basex,
                    basey,
                    basew,
                    baseh,
                    self.MyOverlayWindow.channels[curchannel - 1].getCurrentTitle() + " (paused)",
                    focusTexture=self.textureButtonFocus,
                    noFocusTexture=self.textureButtonNoFocus,
                    alignment=4,
                    textColor=self.textcolor,
                    focusedColor=self.focusedcolor))

That 'new' snippet of code was actually taken from a previous version of PTV.
(2013-03-08, 03:03)XeroKool Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 01:29)XeroKool Wrote: Hulu streams have been very hit-and-miss for me in PTV on Frodo. I know for sure that Hulu streams work for me in PTV if I make a "tvshow" smart playlist of Hulu shows in my library and load that as a custom playlist for my channels. For some reason it refuses to work the majority of the time if I make an "episode" smart playlist, which is why I believe that setting a channel to a specific TV Network (e.g. ABC, NBC, etc..) results in it not populating with any Hulu streams. Try making "tvshow" smart playlists and adding rules where the studio for each playlist is ABC, NBC, etc... and using those as custom playlists for each channel.

I have both Amazon and Hulu now working in PTV. Hulu was a pain up until a few days ago when I figured out the tvshow smart playlist 'solution'. In the last screenshot from my post above all the shows listed are either from Amazon or Hulu. One other thing I did notice is that the titles for episodes from Hulu streams have ".strm" appended to them in PTV. BTW, make sure you are using the latest development build. Also, try checking your addons folder and making sure you don't have two versions of PTV in there. I know if you install the dev build from zip through XBMC it'll create a folder called "Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV etc..." in your addons folder instead of overwriting "script.pseudotv". If you have both delete the latter and restart XBMC. Also delete any addon_data for pseudotv in your userdata folder to start fresh.

Thanks for that. I did confirm I was only running the most current (Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-v2.1.0-56-g85aa0e6) and deleted my addon_data file and for the life of me, it will still NOT pick up ANYTHING Hulu. I made a smart playlist with one show and it just refuses to even show up in my channel lineup. UGH!!!
  • 262(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25