• 263(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2013-03-07, 22:18)XeroKool Wrote: Anyone else have any issues with the "Pause When Not Watching" feature with the latest development build? Whenever I apply that rule to any channel the channel listing shows up blank in my EPG. Also if I try to select it, the EPG immediately closes. The issue is occurring with channel 60 in the screenshots below:

I don't believe it is a skin issue since it also happens with the default skin:

I can navigate to the channel if I enter the channel number with my remote, and when I pull up the EPG the channel listing displays fine (while the channel is playing) but when I navigate away it shows blank (when it's paused):

I remember in Eden, whenever a channel was paused it would display the show name with the word (paused) next to it. Any thoughts as to why that's not happening here?

dude
i had the same issue when i set my trailer directory as channel number one which holds a lot of small trailers and selected to hid smaller files.
i got a blank channel and when i would select it , the xbmc would crash.
how big are your files and did you select to hide smaller videos?
(2013-03-08, 13:24)EZ1976 Wrote: dude
i had the same issue when i set my trailer directory as channel number one which holds a lot of small trailers and selected to hid smaller files.
i got a blank channel and when i would select it , the xbmc would crash.
how big are your files and did you select to hide smaller videos?

I patched the problem that I was having by doing this. I don't think that would help your scenario though since it applies directly to channels that are paused while not watching.
Updated stable-pre to include the fix from XeroKool.

I also put in a change that may fix the issue you're seeing, EZ1976. Try it out and see if you get anything better.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
(2013-03-08, 17:41)Jason102 Wrote: Updated stable-pre to include the fix from XeroKool.

I also put in a change that may fix the issue you're seeing, EZ1976. Try it out and see if you get anything better.

I was hoping the update might have helped with PTV being unable to finish auto populating my channels (m2ts bug?) but no luckSad

Since there also seems to be some issues with PTV auto populating Hulu streams (that are imported into library), I would be thrilled if I could just make my own Hulu stream channels but PTV will NOT see ANY TV Show playlist....no matter WHAT I doSad
As I said in my post a couple of days ago, I can only debug the m2ts issue once I am given a m2ts file that actually has a problem.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
(2013-03-08, 18:44)Jason102 Wrote: As I said in my post a couple of days ago, I can only debug the m2ts issue once I am given a m2ts file that actually has a problem.

You've got mailSmile
(2013-03-07, 19:40)noonya Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 17:10)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 16:12)noonya Wrote: I have installed the development version linked to in the first page of this thread. Is there a different version I should try? If no, any other suggestions? Thanks.

In your original comment above, you mention "stable-pre". I do not think that is the development version. Just to be clear you have downloaded from the link on the first page that says "Latest Developement Version"? If yes, then nevermind.

Mark

Yes- apologies, the version on the front page. My fault. Any other suggestions as to how to fix the issue?

Anyone?
(2013-03-08, 18:43)Guile Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 17:41)Jason102 Wrote: Updated stable-pre to include the fix from XeroKool.

Since there also seems to be some issues with PTV auto populating Hulu streams (that are imported into library), I would be thrilled if I could just make my own Hulu stream channels but PTV will NOT see ANY TV Show playlist....no matter WHAT I doSad

Since PTV was never designed to work with strm files and streams like Hulu, but rather your local library, you are really fortunate to get anything resembling streams to work at all.

I would hope that Jason spends what little time he has to work on this project to get it working with Frodo as it was originally intended to be, with local libraries and any type of video that may be in a local library, like m2ts files and any others that are not working.

There is a fork someone was working on that supposedly worked with streams. Perhaps you might want to try it out.

Mark
(2013-03-08, 21:10)mwkurt Wrote: Since PTV was never designed to work with strm files and streams like Hulu, but rather your local library, you are really fortunate to get anything resembling streams to work at all.

I would hope that Jason spends what little time he has to work on this project to get it working with Frodo as it was originally intended to be, with local libraries and any type of video that may be in a local library, like m2ts files and any others that are not working.

There is a fork someone was working on that supposedly worked with streams. Perhaps you might want to try it out.

Mark

Agree totally.

PseudoTV is one of the best Scripts out there for XBMC in my opinion. Well done on keeping this script going... it a fantastic part of our home entertainment setup.

Its constantly used in our home until i updated to Frodo... i will be watching the progression of a suitable fix to get it running again as we are lost without here.

My problem at the moment is when i go to run it in frodo it gives me the usual script error message and fails to run.
(2013-03-08, 21:10)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 18:43)Guile Wrote:

Since PTV was never designed to work with strm files and streams like Hulu, but rather your local library, you are really fortunate to get anything resembling streams to work at all.

Mark

Agreed. By debugging (and with Jason's help) I was able to determine which files were problematic and fix as needed. All is working great now!

I will take a look into options to get it working with streams, if at all possible. I think that's a neat little bonus if possible. Looking at the debug log, I see whenever it see the strms in my library, it says, "No parser for extension .strm". I will look into other options though, thanks.
(2013-03-08, 22:38)Guile Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 21:10)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 18:43)Guile Wrote: Since there also seems to be some issues with PTV auto populating Hulu streams (that are imported into library), I would be thrilled if I could just make my own Hulu stream channels but PTV will NOT see ANY TV Show playlist....no matter WHAT I doSad

Mark

Agreed. By debugging (and with Jason's help) I was able to determine which files were problematic and fix as needed. All is working great now!

I will take a look into options to get it working with streams, if at all possible. I think that's a neat little bonus if possible. Looking at the debug log, I see whenever it see the strms in my library, it says, "No parser for extension .strm". I will look into other options though, thanks.

Would you be able to explain the steps you took to make PTV work? I don't have any .mts files but suspect it might be my .m4v files. Thanks!
(2013-03-09, 00:00)noonya Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 22:38)Guile Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 21:10)mwkurt Wrote: Since PTV was never designed to work with strm files and streams like Hulu, but rather your local library, you are really fortunate to get anything resembling streams to work at all.

Mark

Would you be able to explain the steps you took to make PTV work? I don't have any .mts files but suspect it might be my .m4v files. Thanks!

What exactly are the issues you are having? Are you running the latest stable?
I am having a problem where PTV stops and closes after 3-4 hours of playing. It stops just as if I had manually stopped it. The small pop up window saying PTV is exiting and other things even pops up and then I'm taken to the home screen. If I set it to play before going to bed, it is stopped every morning when I wake up.

Here is a log taken immediately after it shut down: https://www.box.com/s/imbzfdusznnnw26ou5ur

P.S. sorry for the download link to the log, but I couldn't find any paste site that would work.
Is anyone else having issues with mixed playlists? I've finally gotten around to upgrading my XBMC setup and getting things as I want them. Now I'm working on setting up PseudoTV again and I can't get it to read mixed playlists (pointing to tv_show_playlist_name.xsp and movie_playlist_name.xsp). The two playlists being pointed to work fine. The mixed playlist doesn't do anything in XBMC, as usual. In PseudoTV, the channel just doesn't appear.

I've seen one other person mention this same problem earlier in the thread, but never saw it come to a resolution. I've tried everything I can think of for now. Does anyone know whether this is a known issue, no longer supported, etc.? Any known work-arounds would be most welcome too.

Specs:
Windows 7 64-Bit
XBMC Version 12
PseudoTV - Latest development build (updated earlier today - I was hoping that the new build might have fixed this issue)
Aeon Nox skin
MySQL library
PseudoTV Channels are not set up for sharing (yet)

...and that's all I can think of for now. If anyone can help with this, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd like to get my mixed tv/movie channels back.

(2013-03-09, 04:34)RockDawg Wrote: I am having a problem where PTV stops and closes after 3-4 hours of playing. It stops just as if I had manually stopped it. The small pop up window saying PTV is exiting and other things even pops up and then I'm taken to the home screen. If I set it to play before going to bed, it is stopped every morning when I wake up.

Here is a log taken immediately after it shut down: https://www.box.com/s/imbzfdusznnnw26ou5ur

P.S. sorry for the download link to the log, but I couldn't find any paste site that would work.

I assume that you don't have the timer set in the PseudoTV settings? Mine also shuts off after 4 hours, but it's intentional in my case. Since you didn't mention checking that setting, I thought it might be worth at least mentioning.
(2013-03-09, 06:24)JackOfAllGames Wrote: I assume that you don't have the timer set in the PseudoTV settings? Mine also shuts off after 4 hours, but it's intentional in my case. Since you didn't mention checking that setting, I thought it might be worth at least mentioning.

Damn do I feel stupid!!! I checked and sure enough, it was set to 180 minutes. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks a ton!
  • 263(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25