Win xbmc not finding metadata or connecting to remote server
(2013-03-10, 11:09)Robert-Jon Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 19:04)nexmaster Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 12:22)Robert-Jon Wrote: Can anybody give me any instructions on where to apply this fix on a Raspbmc installation?
AFAIK the entire system runs on the SD card, but when I plug the card into my laptop I don't see anything XBMC related. (I've already turned on viewing hidden files.)

Go to Raspbmc Settings > System Configuaration > Service Management and switch on the Samba Server

Go to Raspbmc Settings > Network Configuration and make a note of the IP address of the Pi

You can now browse the directory structure of raspbmc over the network from your pc

Easiest way is to go Start > Run > \\192.168.1.7\pi\.xbmc\addons\metadata.tvdb.com

Remember to change to IP at the beginning to the correct one for your Pi
Thanks a lot man. AFAIK I do have the Samba Server online and I do have the IP as well.
I'm on OSX though, so does anybody know the command/syntax on Mac?

Its a while since i've done it on a mac but give this a try:

In the Finder, choose Go > “Connect to Server.”

Type the network address for the computer in the Server Address field in this format:

smb://IPaddress/pi

Follow the onscreen instructions to type the workgroup name and a user name and password, and choose the shared folder you want to access. I believe the workgroup name should just be WORKGROUP on the pi.
(2013-03-10, 15:09)nexmaster Wrote:
(2013-03-10, 11:09)Robert-Jon Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 19:04)nexmaster Wrote: Go to Raspbmc Settings > System Configuaration > Service Management and switch on the Samba Server

Go to Raspbmc Settings > Network Configuration and make a note of the IP address of the Pi

You can now browse the directory structure of raspbmc over the network from your pc

Easiest way is to go Start > Run > \\192.168.1.7\pi\.xbmc\addons\metadata.tvdb.com

Remember to change to IP at the beginning to the correct one for your Pi
Thanks a lot man. AFAIK I do have the Samba Server online and I do have the IP as well.
I'm on OSX though, so does anybody know the command/syntax on Mac?

Its a while since i've done it on a mac but give this a try:

In the Finder, choose Go > “Connect to Server.”

Type the network address for the computer in the Server Address field in this format:

smb://IPaddress/pi

Follow the onscreen instructions to type the workgroup name and a user name and password, and choose the shared folder you want to access. I believe the workgroup name should just be WORKGROUP on the pi.
Yes yes! It's so easy really but just couldn't find the right syntax. Thanks so much.

Now I finally understand what all y'all are talking about and I'll try to apply the fix to a raspbmc & will let you know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc not finding metadata or connecting to remote server2