• 2(current)
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod)
Wow, amazingly fast on raspberry.
My only problem which makes it quite unusable is not to have list view form movies/tvshows/episodes.
Any chance on reverting those?

Thanks
Great skin, loving the simplicity of it all. What I really would like though is a way to access my "In Progress" TV shows...is this on the plans or maybe I missed something? Also I do not know how to get to my music playlists..is this also missing?
Found a small bug: I was using this skin and I installed the addon 'The Trailers'. On first time run, this addon asks you to set a couple of settings. The dialog that popped up was missing a background, making the dialog text unreadable. The dialog-box is rendered according to the skin (assuming from the looks of it).
The buffering dialogue is still slightly buggy unfortunately. Works perfectly for network streams now, but it appears a bit over-zealous; it now shows buffering for a fraction of a second when I seek through videos on my hard disk Big Grin

Latest commit as of this post: https://github.com/niamu/skin.nbox/commi...2b973f63ad
Hi, there.

I've created some icons for movie genres. I don't know if anyone is interested. If there's anyone interested, tell me and I'll publish here.
So far, I made icons for:
- Disney movies
- Anime (with Goku)
- Martial arts
- UFO movies
It looks nice on my nbox skin.
Is there a possibility for fanart when highlighting a specific genre?
I'd love to use that feature, if available.
nbox has the one and only view mode - Poster, right? This is by design, nothing wrong with my system... I just wanted to be sure... Smile
just noticed it's missing the "peripherals" dialog you usually get in settings->system->input devices->peripherals

edit: I'm also in favor of a list view
Here is some help if is needed ... How to test peripheral setting

Cheers
Nessus
Thanks everyone for pointing out some bugs I hadn't noticed and dialogs/views I had forgotten about.

Warning: what follows is a big block of text to reply to all of you.

(2013-03-14, 19:05)Martijn Wrote: Small suggestion, if you do install from zip file the browse window on the right has very large scroll blocks in comparison to the directory / file names.
Make selection block smaller I think. Other than that I'd say don't add anything else. Keep it thus clean

Updated the file browsing list now to be much slimmer. This means smaller icons in the list, but it shouldn't matter since you get the big preview on the side.

(2013-03-14, 22:23)baruchin Wrote: The only thing I think could be very welcomed is more views.

(2013-03-15, 12:25)carmenm Wrote: My only problem which makes it quite unusable is not to have list view form movies/tvshows/episodes.

(2013-03-15, 20:15)relyter Wrote: nbox has the one and only view mode - Poster, right? This is by design, nothing wrong with my system... I just wanted to be sure... Smile

Ok, these three all sort of blend together, but relyter has it correct. nbox, just like Lightbox, is designed to only have one view mode. I have considered the advantages of adding a list view because as a Raspberry Pi user I can understand the benefits of something like that, but that is not on the immediate list of things to do. Fortunately it won't take much to add that so once I get all the other more pressing fixes off my plate I will revisit adding the list views.

I'm toying with the idea of having a "low power" toggle in skin settings which would change all of the views to a list instead of poster art views. This would change all the views all at once and lock them to that list view. So you choose one or the other. No mixing and matching. nbox strives for a consistent UI experience.

(2013-03-15, 13:03)im85288 Wrote: What I really would like though is a way to access my "In Progress" TV shows...is this on the plans or maybe I missed something? Also I do not know how to get to my music playlists..is this also missing?

nbox allows you to toggle "Hide Watched" when browsing all the way to the left of the screen. I have no plans to filter this any further.

Playlists haven't been coded and I may have secretly been hoping no one would notice that they aren't there. Tongue

(2013-03-15, 13:29)Elbert Wrote: Found a small bug: I was using this skin and I installed the addon 'The Trailers'. On first time run, this addon asks you to set a couple of settings. The dialog that popped up was missing a background, making the dialog text unreadable. The dialog-box is rendered according to the skin (assuming from the looks of it).

Yup, that's my fault. I'm new to XBMC and didn't realize add-on dialogs would come up outside of the add-on browser. I've pushed an update that may fix it, but I'm unable to test at the moment.

(2013-03-15, 17:17)gabsaoleo Wrote: Is there a possibility for fanart when highlighting a specific genre?

No plans to do that. It would be very labour intensive for very little return.

(2013-03-15, 20:15)da-anda Wrote: just noticed it's missing the "peripherals" dialog you usually get in settings->system->input devices->peripherals

Yet another small corner of XBMC I was unaware existed. I'll add it to the list of things to do.

(2013-03-15, 07:44)username145 Wrote: Will see more use tonight Smile

*sigh* ... please stop using it. Tongue

Where do I even begin? I pushed yet another update for buffering. I've completely rewritten the OSD to add the things you mentioned. It looks cluttered to me now, but I can understand the reason people would want these labels. Perhaps I'll add a "minimal OSD" toggle in skin settings.

---

Thanks again everyone. I hope I won't be too long getting these last pieces in place.
Sorry... Rofl

- Buffering work perfectly now, shows up when it should, only when it does, it looks like this:

- Plot descriptions that contain paragraphs in them show up like this:

This happens only in PVR in my testing, and not sure if the end time/on next are supposed to be scrolling:

Thanks again, personally I wouldn't change a thing now, very snappy and intuitive with minimal clutter Big Grin
Ok everything is now fixed and looking great with the latest commit except PVR OSD shows "end time" twice
One thing I noticed yesterday: When I tried to search for a video in the youtube addon, the text-input dialog was broken. It showed up nicely, but I could not "confirm" the input - so there was no "OK" button and pressing "select" also didn't apply the text. "Back" would only delete the entered letters and thus I got stuck on that input dialog with no way to get out of there with just a remote/nyxboard. Had to plug a keyboard and press ESC to close the dialog or even close XBMC via ALT+F4 (not sure anymore what exactly I did - had to do both while testing but can't remember the second issue)
(2013-03-15, 22:06)niamu Wrote: I'm toying with the idea of having a "low power" toggle in skin settings which would change all of the views to a list instead of poster art views. This would change all the views all at once and lock them to that list view. So you choose one or the other. No mixing and matching. nbox strives for a consistent UI experience.

(2013-03-15, 13:03)im85288 Wrote: What I really would like though is a way to access my "In Progress" TV shows...is this on the plans or maybe I missed something? Also I do not know how to get to my music playlists..is this also missing?

nbox allows you to toggle "Hide Watched" when browsing all the way to the left of the screen. I have no plans to filter this any further.

This looks great!
As a fellow raspberry pi user I would welcome a 'light' mode Smile!
What im85288 means is the script that shows next unwatched episodes, a really cool feature, which could works great with nbox Wink *hint, hint*!

Keep up the great work, hope to see the addition to the official repo soon!
(2013-03-16, 16:49)da-anda Wrote: One thing I noticed yesterday: When I tried to search for a video in the youtube addon, the text-input dialog was broken. It showed up nicely, but I could not "confirm" the input - so there was no "OK" button and pressing "select" also didn't apply the text. "Back" would only delete the entered letters and thus I got stuck on that input dialog with no way to get out of there with just a remote/nyxboard. Had to plug a keyboard and press ESC to close the dialog or even close XBMC via ALT+F4 (not sure anymore what exactly I did - had to do both while testing but can't remember the second issue)

I'm going to guess that you have an Android app as a remote. I recall testing this briefly with a friend's Android phone and running into this problem. I just assumed it was a poorly coded app. But I'll investigate further.
(2013-03-16, 18:23)Smobbo Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 22:06)niamu Wrote: I'm toying with the idea of having a "low power" toggle in skin settings which would change all of the views to a list instead of poster art views. This would change all the views all at once and lock them to that list view. So you choose one or the other. No mixing and matching. nbox strives for a consistent UI experience.

What im85288 means is the script that shows next unwatched episodes, a really cool feature, which could works great with nbox Wink *hint, hint*!

Sorry, I don't see the benefit of this. But if you can show me a skin that has this as a button on the home screen maybe I could replace "All Recent" under TV with "In Progress". I can't work out the command to activate this window directly.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod)4