• 36(current)
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper
(2013-03-14, 23:14)saitoh183 Wrote: I use this and use a python script based on anidb renaming programs and have no problems scraping my anime. the reason i wanted to see your xml file is to see if you formatted it properly so it can be read by XBMC. As for naming conversion you can use Filebot for that...its a great tool and can use anidb as source.

Are you sure your source in XBMC is set yo use Anidbmod scraper?

here is how my stuff is named and there is no problem picking them up.
Sword Art Online - 06 - Illusionary Avenger [UTWoots].mkv

I have the same lines scudlee mentions in my XML

This is one example of a filename on my animes, and this one is not accepted appearently.
Tenkuu no Escaflowne - 01 - Fateful Confession [G_P](8E01DFB1)[AniDB]
Yes I (or atleast should!) use Anidb scraper. I chose it everytime I add anything, so I guess it's active? Its not inactive in settings atleast.
can you post your debug log, after you try to scan it into the library. we need more details. Just your explanation isnt enough anymore to go on. If want help figuring it out we need a log to see what is going on when you try to scan it in. Use either pastebin or xbmclogs.com to post your debug log

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-03-15, 02:55)saitoh183 Wrote: can you post your debug log, after you try to scan it into the library. we need more details. Just your explanation isnt enough anymore to go on. If want help figuring it out we need a log to see what is going on when you try to scan it in. Use either pastebin or xbmclogs.com to post your debug log

Here is my log after using a youtube-video for help...

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4509

The part where I add one of the anime's is somewhere between row 1100-1200.. I just looked at it a bit random since I didnt understood a thing Tongue
It looks like from your log that you added the Shangri-la as a source folder and set the content on it to TV Shows, but neglected to set the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" option in the set content dialog.

But it also looks like you're using the Google search option in the scraper settings, which I think is actually broken - that might be the larger source of your problems.

The official scraper hasn't been updated in a while, I recommend using the Mod scraper.
(2013-03-15, 16:12)scudlee Wrote: It looks like from your log that you added the Shangri-la as a source folder and set the content on it to TV Shows, but neglected to set the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" option in the set content dialog.

But it also looks like you're using the Google search option in the scraper settings, which I think is actually broken - that might be the larger source of your problems.

The official scraper hasn't been updated in a while, I recommend using the Mod scraper.

Ok, I tried using the Mod scraper instead, now the Shangri-La series is shown under TV-series column, however there are no episodes there.. Just the title of the anime (with background), and inside that folder there's a big load of nothing Tongue
If I press "I" on one of the files it says the file is not recognised.

Here is the debug from the try I just did:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4546

(btw, really thanks for helping me with this.. sorry for being a bother)
So he would need to get the mod scraper instead of the normal version from the XBMC repo. Set source to E:\Anime so it can pick up all his anime and deactivate google search in the scraper options. Also if you want it to find artwork, i would leave the the option to use TVDB id instead of Anidb id or else it will not get nice artwork.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-03-15, 16:50)Korven Wrote: Ok, I tried using the Mod scraper instead, now the Shangri-La series is shown under TV-series column, however there are no episodes there.. Just the title of the anime (with background), and inside that folder there's a big load of nothing Tongue

I didn't notice because of the other issues, but your Shangri-la file names don't actually follow the format of the example you posted in this thread (namely, "Tenkuu no Escaflowne - 01 - Fateful Confession [G_P](8E01DFB1)[AniDB]").

The tvshowmatching regexps I provided require the episode number to be sandwiched between " - "s (that is, "space dash space"), which your example is, but not the Shangri-la files, which are a bit all over the place.

You could try adding:
Code:
<regexp>(?i)()(?:[\. _-]|ep)(\d{1,3})[\. _-v].*[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}]</regexp>
after the two regexps you've already added. This one is taken from this thread, and isn't one I use personally so I can't vouch for it.
(2013-03-15, 18:06)scudlee Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 16:50)Korven Wrote: Ok, I tried using the Mod scraper instead, now the Shangri-La series is shown under TV-series column, however there are no episodes there.. Just the title of the anime (with background), and inside that folder there's a big load of nothing Tongue

I didn't notice because of the other issues, but your Shangri-la file names don't actually follow the format of the example you posted in this thread (namely, "Tenkuu no Escaflowne - 01 - Fateful Confession [G_P](8E01DFB1)[AniDB]").

The tvshowmatching regexps I provided require the episode number to be sandwiched between " - "s (that is, "space dash space"), which your example is, but not the Shangri-la files, which are a bit all over the place.

You could try adding:
Code:
<regexp>(?i)()(?:[\. _-]|ep)(\d{1,3})[\. _-v].*[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}]</regexp>
after the two regexps you've already added. This one is taken from this thread, and isn't one I use personally so I can't vouch for it.

Ok, so basically I can run the Anidb O'Matic once again (for the newer anime's I have) then add them like I did this last time.
Btw, I tried doing the recent method on the Escaflowne and it added as it should've done and everything was good Smile
Hi all,

After using XBMC for year I finally had to switch to Library Mode and now I spend over one week renaming my Movies and TV Shows so that XBMC can detect them. Next up are my Anime. So I tried an initial scan and only like 5% of my Anime gets recognized.
Now I'm not quite in the mood to rename 300 Series...but even with renaming it doesn't always seem to work.
So I found on page 10 of this page some regex which I can add to my config which should also find episodes that have just a number without 'ep' in front of it. When I do this and later export my Library as .nfo files will another instance of XBMC pick up the episodes through the .nfo files even though the filename is 'wrong'?

Also is it possible that the Naming scheme for normal TV Shows does not work with the AniDB Scraper?

Fore example I had originally this filename:

Air - 12 - sora -air- - [Koi](06f86ce7)

Ok so that's wrong, but I tried manually changing it to:

Air - ep12 - sora -air- - [Koi](06f86ce7)
or even
Air - s01e12 - sora -air- - [Koi](06f86ce7)

and still Air is shown with 0 zero episodes in my Library (after update of course). So what am I doing wrong?

And last question - how would I handle multiple entries of the same Anime? The problem is that my GF doesn't speak English, so I have some shows twice, once with English subs and once with German subs. How could I organize something like this? And no I don't want to extract the subs and mux it into the mkvs Smile
I have noticed that some recent anime shows can't be found by the AniDB scraper even though they are listed on the AniDB website. I'm guessing this is because the shows aren't listed inside the xml files in the Anime list/mapping URL. Is there a way to overcome this issue? Can I update these xml files myself? The winter anime season is over and the scraper still does not find shows such as Tamako Market and Osaka Okan. I know these can be found using the TVDB scraper but I prefer to use AniDB for various reasons... Any help will be appreciated!
*cough* use the Mod *cough*

Wink
(2013-04-06, 15:29)scudlee Wrote: *cough* use the Mod *cough*

Wink

Amazing! Problem solved. Thanks a bunch! Smile
Is there a media (library) manager which enables use of this scraper outside XBMC (in my case, on Windows)?
(2013-04-06, 14:52)yuri6gen Wrote: I have noticed that some recent anime shows can't be found by the AniDB scraper even though they are listed on the AniDB website. I'm guessing this is because the shows aren't listed inside the xml files in the Anime list/mapping URL. Is there a way to overcome this issue? Can I update these xml files myself? The winter anime season is over and the scraper still does not find shows such as Tamako Market and Osaka Okan. I know these can be found using the TVDB scraper but I prefer to use AniDB for various reasons... Any help will be appreciated!

I have made it a habit to place a tvshow.nfo file in my anime serie folders. In the file I just paste the url of the serie on anidb.
That solved it for me.
LoveJoy, this is ingenious, but could you tell me where one can download a list (.txt or .xml file) containing all AniDB IDs for all anime?

@scudlee:
Isn't it possible to use a specific regexp for AniDB and AniDB only? Having to put this into advancedsettings.xml requires that all anime are separated from other files and accessed through a separate profile.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper3