• 13(current)
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac
I understand. Maybe I was not quite specific enough. :-)

Just need to get one thing straight here.

I know this thread says EyeTV parser for MAC, but I am running my XBMC on the Linux build called openelec (http://www.openelec.tv) - OS and XBMC in one package...
On this host I have installed EyeTV parser v2.1.2 which is probably not the same as the version being installed on a MAC??!!

It works perfectly as it is, I can browse my EyeTV files (on my remote iMac), play them etc... but the thing is - I have installed this addon "Advanced Wake On Lan". This will wake up the iMac and then activate the EyeTV parser plugin, but it seems as long as I cannot get the EyeTV parser added to favourites.xml, I cannot get the syntax right.

Does this make sense? :-)

(2012-10-10, 07:21)tenzion Wrote: I know this thread says EyeTV parser for MAC, but I am running my XBMC on the Linux build called openelec (http://www.openelec.tv) - OS and XBMC in one package...
On this host I have installed EyeTV parser v2.1.2 which is probably not the same as the version being installed on a MAC??!!

It works perfectly as it is, I can browse my EyeTV files (on my remote iMac), play them etc... but the thing is - I have installed this addon "Advanced Wake On Lan". This will wake up the iMac and then activate the EyeTV parser plugin, but it seems as long as I cannot get the EyeTV parser added to favourites.xml, I cannot get the syntax right.

Does this make sense? :-)

Not sure :-)

1. The name of the thread should probably be changed. Addon has been re-written from scratch since the start of this thread.
It's in python and compatible with all platforms. You use the same on openelec or mac.
I think "Mac" was more referring to the fact that you need a mac with EyeTV software installed on your network to use the addon.

2. To add the EyeTV parser add-on to the favourites.xml, as I said, just right-click on the add-on and select "Add to favorites".
I just did it on my rpi running openelec and here is what I got in the xml file if you really want to modify it manually:
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="EyeTV parser" thumb="/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.eyetv.parser&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the reply.
Still, on my openelec linux distribution (running on my intel pc), I'm not able to right click (or use C to bring up the context menu) and add the addon to favourites. I've tried a dozen other video plugins, and it's the same...

But thanks for sharing the contents of the favourites.xml. I've modified my favourites.xml and it works like a charm!

Though one question remains. When I enter the plugin, I am given the possibility to either watch "Live TV" or "Recordings".
I know this option was added in a previous version...

Would there be any possibility to add a feature to provide the user with a option to either enable/disable these two features?? I for one never use "Live TV" for instance and would like to be taken directly to my "Recordings"...

Thanks again!
(2012-10-12, 15:18)tenzion Wrote: Would there be any possibility to add a feature to provide the user with a option to either enable/disable these two features?? I for one never use "Live TV" for instance and would like to be taken directly to my "Recordings"...

Yes, it wouldn't be difficult to add. Will try to push a new release when I have time.
Right now, you can put "plugin://plugin.video.eyetv.parser/recordings/" instead of "plugin://plugin.video.eyetv.parser" in your favourites.xml.
It should take you directly to your recordings.

Edit: version 2.1.3 should soon be available. You can disable Live TV (or Recordings).
Hey Beenje

Thanks loads for this great plugin, really completes my xbmc experience :-)

One question though.. When playing back Recordings there are big lines in the picture, not all the way across picture just localised to where fast action is going on onscreen.

Heres a Screenshot for you.

Any ideas at all??

Thanks
:: Mac Mini Server (Mid 2010) 8Gb RAM :: Elgato EyeTV Sat Free :: Bose Companion 5 :: Apple TV2 :: 17" Sony Side Monitor & 42" HDTV :: XBMC Frodo w/ Aeon MQ4 Skin :: 2TB Time Capsule :: iPhone 5 322GB :: iPad2 16GB ::
(2012-10-15, 21:59)iDunc Wrote: Hey Beenje

One question though.. When playing back Recordings there are big lines in the picture, not all the way across picture just localised to where fast action is going on onscreen.

Any ideas at all??

Thanks

The plugin is just to display "nicely" your EyeTV recordings. It gives the file to play to XBMC.
This looks like a playback problem, so you should post a debug log in the proper forum (XBMC for iOS if you use XBMC on your ATV2).
Have you tried with a nightly build?

(2012-10-15, 22:15)Beenje Wrote:
(2012-10-15, 21:59)iDunc Wrote: Hey Beenje

Any ideas at all??

Thanks

The plugin is just to display "nicely" your EyeTV recordings. It gives the file to play to XBMC.
This looks like a playback problem, so you should post a debug log in the proper forum (XBMC for iOS if you use XBMC on your ATV2).
Have you tried with a nightly build?

Thanks for the quick reply, will grab a log and post to xbmc for Mac soon. I have used the Mac nightly builds before but have stayed away from them recently as was having a few problems, it has been a while so might grab a recent one soon.

Thanks again Smile
:: Mac Mini Server (Mid 2010) 8Gb RAM :: Elgato EyeTV Sat Free :: Bose Companion 5 :: Apple TV2 :: 17" Sony Side Monitor & 42" HDTV :: XBMC Frodo w/ Aeon MQ4 Skin :: 2TB Time Capsule :: iPhone 5 322GB :: iPad2 16GB ::
Hey guys, I have been using this add-on off and on. I finally put together an integration between the two since Elagato aren't going to provide us with an adequate api for quality live stream. I have posted it in the supplementals thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146630
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I just updated XBMC to 12-Frodo on my (Mid 2011) core i7 Mac mini and decided to install the add-on: EyeTV parser (2.1.3) to play my EyeTV recordings in XBMC. However, after installing, enabling and completing the setup when I select the EyeTV parser select recordings and it shows me my recordings list all I have to do is slide the mouse curser over one of the recordings and XBMC crashes.
(2013-01-31, 15:07)cybex53 Wrote: I just updated XBMC to 12-Frodo on my (Mid 2011) core i7 Mac mini and decided to install the add-on: EyeTV parser (2.1.3) to play my EyeTV recordings in XBMC. However, after installing, enabling and completing the setup when I select the EyeTV parser select recordings and it shows me my recordings list all I have to do is slide the mouse curser over one of the recordings and XBMC crashes.

Could you please post a debug log (activate debug mode in xbmc settings)?
Thanks
Beenje
I placed my XBMC.log (x86-64bit XBMC) at XBMCLogs.com (31794)
I downloaded the x86-32bit version of XBMC and installed it and it seemed to work with the EyeTV parser add on. However, when I quit XBMC after using the parser XBMC would hang, I would have to force quit. I then reinstalled the x86-64bit version of XBMC and it will now allow me to watch my recordings using the EyeTV parser. However, it to would hang on XBMC exit. As long as I don't use the EyeTV Parser it will exit cleanly. (Mac OS X 10.8.2)
I think I reproduced your problem on my machine.
It looks like frodo doesn't like the thumbnails (tiff) created by EyeTV...
If you go to Pictures and navigate to your EyeTV Archive directory, that should make XBMC crash.

I just pushed an update where I don't pass the thumbnail and icon to XBMC. So it shouldn't crash.
XBMC should try to extract a thumbnail from the video.

Could you confirm that it doesn't crash anymore with that update (2.2.0)?
And that XBMC crash when you try to navigate to the tiff pictures in your EyeTV Archive directory?

Thanks

Edit: for the crash, see: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14030
Beenje,
I let XBMC update the EyeTV parser to (2.2.0). I can get to and watch my recordings. However, when I quit XBMC after using the parser XBMC still hangs. I still have to force quit XBMC.

If I select the EyeTV parser and select Live TV I get a warning that the "EyeTV Server is Unreachable" at this point it offers only an OK selection box. When I select the OK box XBMC crashes.

If I select the EyeTV parser and make no selection, simply go back to the Home screen XBMC exits cleanly.

I was also able to verify that using Pictures to navigate to the EyeTV archive directory makes XBMC crash.

XBMC 12.0 x86-64bit, Mac mini Mid 2011, Intel core i7 2.7GHz 8GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, EyeTV parser 2.2.0 .

How may I be of further assistance to you, XBMC logs, Crash reports? Let me know how I can help

Thank You.
(2013-02-03, 01:24)cybex53 Wrote: Beenje,
I let XBMC update the EyeTV parser to (2.2.0). I can get to and watch my recordings. However, when I quit XBMC after using the parser XBMC still hangs. I still have to force quit XBMC.

If I select the EyeTV parser and select Live TV I get a warning that the "EyeTV Server is Unreachable" at this point it offers only an OK selection box. When I select the OK box XBMC crashes.

Thanks for the feedback.
I fixed the XBMC exit on the plugin error (v2.2.1).
It should now exit gracefully and not kill XBMC (you can't call exit anymore in frodo) :-)

For the other problem, how long do you wait?
Wait a bit longer or you can try to send me a full debug log to see if it's connected to the trac ticket or not.
Beenje,

I've been running EyeTv 3 for some years and have thought a couple of times about using the parser plugin to allow xbmc to be the frontend. However I have a bunch of smart playlists, and it doesn't seem easy to use the smart playlist feature in xmbc to replicate these if I use the parser to access the recordings list.

Long story short, I hacked the plugin to access the Playlist info in the EyeTV Archive.xml file so that the menu structure looks like:

Live TV-->List of Channels
Recordings-->List of Recordings
Playlists-->List of Playlists (including number of recordings in each playlist)---> List of Recordings for Selected Playlist

Now there may be perfectly good reasons not to merge this with your code (i've not tested on anything except Frodo and EyeTV 3, but I thought I'd make the offer to
give you the changes back so that you could make that decision.

whilst I have been coding for a few decades now, python is not really my thing, so my code probably isn't quite as clean as it could be - you may have questions/ comments to make.

As a next step would you like me to submit my changes as a github pull request?

Thanks,

Gareth
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac3