• 24(current)
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on
Got version 2.0 - archives work now. Thanks so much
Are there no condensed games during spring training?
Doesn't seem to be. You can check here -> http://mlb.mlb.com/mediacenter/
What the highest bitrate one can get with this addon. From the config screen it looks like only 2400 mb/s. Is that right? I could have sworn I was watching higher quality streams last year...
2400 is the highest, unless you where using the hls modded version of the addon. That's a fairly high bitrate as far as internet streams go.
Thanks. It is or was a fairly high bitrate. I've gotten spoiled as comcast recently upped my bandwith and the nhl gamecenter addon provides double that bandwith now routinely.
Opening day, good times.

Divingmule - is there any way that the delayed initial buffering can be improved? I admit i've been spoiled by nhl gamecenter in the regard, where feeds start immediately w/o any buffering within the first few seconds. With mlb.tv, feeds start, run for a few seconds, then a full buffer cycle takes place (kind of annoying when you're switching from game to game as a routine). Is this something that can be worked around, or is it just a difference we're stuck with on the mlb server side?

Edit: also, just got locked out again. This was after watching half innings at a time, switching between games accordingly. I know it'll time out, but is there a way to make it so we aren't logging in every time we select a game to see its respective feeds? I recall you identifying this as the cause. Seems like MLB has tightened up on account abuse, this being a by-product.
(2013-04-01, 20:39)goldsac Wrote: Opening day, good times.

Divingmule - is there any way that the delayed initial buffering can be improved? I admit i've been spoiled by nhl gamecenter in the regard, where feeds start immediately w/o any buffering within the first few seconds. With mlb.tv, feeds start, run for a few seconds, then a full buffer cycle takes place (kind of annoying when you're switching from game to game as a routine). Is this something that can be worked around, or is it just a difference we're stuck with on the mlb server side?

That does seem strange, I don't think there isn't anything we can do really, basically the add-on just sends the playback URL to the xbmc player.

(2013-04-01, 20:39)goldsac Wrote: Edit: also, just got locked out again. This was after watching half innings at a time, switching between games accordingly. I know it'll time out, but is there a way to make it so we aren't logging in every time we select a game to see its respective feeds? I recall you identifying this as the cause. Seems like MLB has tightened up on account abuse, this being a by-product.

Yeah, I have an update that just needs a few things finished. Should fix the lockout issue. I'll see if I can get it wrapped up either tonight or tomorrow. I'll post a link so a few of you can test before submitting to the repo.

Edit: also, just got locked out again. This was after watching half innings at a time, switching between games accordingly. I know it'll time out, but is there a way to make it so we aren't logging in every time we select a game to see its respective feeds? I recall you identifying this as the cause. Seems like MLB has tightened up on account abuse, this being a by-product.

The NHL Add-on is connecting to the HLS streams... not sure if this makes a difference.

I tested the NHL Gamecenter at the beginning of the season, and was amazed at how fast the playback began.
Anyone know how this add-on works with the blackout restrictions? I have a subscription and am using the add-on to watch the Tigers and Twins right now. I live in Chicago and so I tried the White Sox game and it came in didn't show any black out problems in XBMC, but to check I tried through MLB.com and it still worked. So right now I am not sure whether MLB thinks I live somewhere else, the game has no blackout today, or if its just an opening day fluke. So if you have any experience using this when you would regularly be blacked out, let me know.
(2013-04-01, 22:43)divingmule Wrote:

That does seem strange, I don't think there isn't anything we can do really, basically the add-on just sends the playback URL to the xbmc player.

(2013-04-01, 20:39)goldsac Wrote: Edit: also, just got locked out again. This was after watching half innings at a time, switching between games accordingly. I know it'll time out, but is there a way to make it so we aren't logging in every time we select a game to see its respective feeds? I recall you identifying this as the cause. Seems like MLB has tightened up on account abuse, this being a by-product.

Yeah, I have an update that just needs a few things finished. Should fix the lockout issue. I'll see if I can get it wrapped up either tonight or tomorrow. I'll post a link so a few of you can test before submitting to the repo.

Awesome!
Wasn't really expecting anything for the first point, more wishful thinking than anything else. Great to hear about the upcoming update though - your continued effort is hugely appreciated.
They use your IP add. to determine your location. I think it was the first of last season I was getting blacked out of brewers games, I'm nowhere remotely close, but my IP was resolving too Milwaukee. I call their tech support and never had any trouble afterwards.

You should get the same blackout restrictions via this add-on or the website.
Alright, that makes sense wasn't sure if the add-on somehow bypassed MLB getting the IP location.
ESPN games were not blacked out today.
The bad news, despite saving cookies and keys, and only logging in when cookies expire, I'm still getting locked out after an undetermined number of media request in a short period of time.

The good news is only kinda good news. I think there may be a bug in Frodo(or maybe it's something I'm doing wrong) that is aiding in getting locked out, I started a thread about it here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161465 Basically when you start a video then go back to the plugin directory, the directory is suppose to be cached, but it seems to be failing at times, when this happens it re-runs the plugin chalking up another media request. To avoid this I added a select dialog, where you choose what coverage to play, instead of a directory.

I have some other ideas I would like to try, to avoid getting locked out, but first I want to get this update tested and pushed to the repository.

Version 2.0.0.1
a lot of code changes, this is a testing(beta) release
added scrapping of mlb.com playlists
added higher quality mlb.com videos
added a workaround for posiable bug, where plugin cacheToDisk seems to fail, makeing it easier to get locked out of MLB.tv

This is for Frodo only. Please help test and report any issues.
Download and install from zip -> https://mlbmc-xbmc.googlecode.com/files/....0.0.1.zip
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on7