• 11(current)
Comskip for Linux released
(2013-04-11, 09:33)aisman Wrote: Ok may be its my mistake. I'll try to build it on other ffmpeg.
Maybe i didn't copied all the needed files, i'll try again.
I did noticed libavcodec.so.54 (and others) were already on my system but then as libavcodec.so.52 version unknown Sad

Code:
DS211> ffmpeg
ffmpeg version UNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Feb  8 2013 20:32:15 with gcc 4.2.1
  configuration: --arch=arm --target-os=linux --cross-prefix=/usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi- --enable-cross-compile --enable-optimizations --disable-yasm --disable-altivec --enable-pic --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-swscale-alpha --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --disable-decoder=amrnb --cc=/usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ccache-gcc
  libavutil    50. 40. 1 / 50. 40. 1
  libavcodec   52.120. 0 / 52.120. 0
  libavformat  52.108. 0 / 52.108. 0
  libavdevice  52.  4. 0 / 52.  4. 0
  libavfilter   1. 77. 0 /  1. 77. 0
  libswscale    0. 14. 0 /  0. 14. 0
Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'
DS211>

Maybe build it against lower version ?
i think you have to install ffmpeg (bin too) which i sent you
Finally got it up and running but have a few questions.

1 What settings are needed to make it 100% work with XBMC?
Currently i have set
output_edl=1
mkv_time_offset=0.0 (from what i have read it should be fixed?)

The rest is all default. Do i need anything more?

2 How do you users handle recordings which already start with a commercial? My idea was to configure TVH in such a way it would start recording on program before actual wanted program so it at least detects a logo.

3 What is need (config?) to start comskip directly when recording starts, live_tv=1 ?
@schumi2004
I'm on dsm 4.2, could you please post how to?
Or do you know if this will make it to the synocommunity repository?
(2013-04-14, 11:27)pvautrin Wrote: @schumi2004
I'm on dsm 4.2, could you please post how to?
Or do you know if this will make it to the synocommunity repository?

Don't think this will make it to synocommunity but afterwards it was actually easy to get it running on my Synology with the files from aisman.

Updated instructions: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1400001
In fact, bootstrap is not necessary. Just need to put files strictly following the directory tree and reboot. I run it on the NAS with no bootstrap. I put the files in /usr/bin ; /usr/share ; /etc and /lib. Include folder should be put in /usr.
(2013-04-14, 14:04)aisman Wrote: In fact, bootstrap is not necessary. Just need to put files strictly following the directory tree and reboot. I run it on the NAS with no bootstrap. I put the files in /usr/bin ; /usr/share ; /etc and /lib. Include folder should be put in /usr.

Cool, 2 methods Wink
Anyone tried to re-use a logo file?

I'm trying to save some time by re-using generated logo file but comskip gives an error message.

Something like this comskip videofile.mkv --logo=logo.txt

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
what(): x exceeds max width
Aborted (core dumped)
(2013-04-14, 14:04)aisman Wrote: In fact, bootstrap is not necessary. Just need to put files strictly following the directory tree and reboot. I run it on the NAS with no bootstrap. I put the files in /usr/bin ; /usr/share ; /etc and /lib. Include folder should be put in /usr.

Use this method for having post-processing work successfully!
My method brakes post-processing for some reason.
(2013-04-17, 23:21)schumi2004 Wrote:

Use this method for having post-processing work successfully!
My method brakes post-processing for some reason.

Ok, ty. Maybe you share your settings, it is desirable to step-by-step, and if you can, then attach the script to the post processing on nas NAS Synology with tvheadend.
(2013-04-18, 10:02)aisman Wrote: Ok, ty. Maybe you share your settings, it is desirable to step-by-step, and if you can, then attach the script to the post processing on nas NAS Synology with tvheadend.

Instructions:
Extract these files and place them in corresponding directories
Quote:/usr/bin
/usr/share
/etc
/lib
Include folder should be put in /usr.

Then i did chmod +x and chmod 777 on these files
Quote:/usr/bin/comskip, ffmpeg, ffprobe

Created a backup from original comskip.ini in /etc/comskip/ and replaced content van original with this:
Note: Maybe someone has a better version and would like to share it with some explananation if possible?
http://pastebin.com/K4G55Umn
16-03-2014: Updated version
http://pastebin.com/ExhsYNsq

Useful information http://www.kaashoek.com/files/tuning.htm

Created a folder for scripts, for example /volume1/@appstore/scripts, and placed this processing in it.
comskip-pp.sh
Note: Change COMSKIPLOGS and TVHEADENDPP to fit your needs.
Note: I also removed MKV and TS selection as seen in processing script in startpost because i only use MKV to store my recordings.
http://pastebin.com/1LKY3JEC
07-05-2014: Updated version
http://pastebin.com/mzkxtTk6

Added this processing line in TVHeadend in recording configuration
Quote:/volume1/@appstore/scripts/comskip-pp.sh %f

That's it.

Only a few things i would like to solve so maybe someone can help me with that.
Currently comskip detects and removes commercials but i think it's based on volume difference only. What i would like to see is remove every frame without channel logo!!
Sometimes the channels i watch are having a sort of commercial or program announcement before the actual program (same volume level but without channel logo!), i was hoping you could skip that as well?

Second things is trying to re-use channel logo, currently comskip crashes when doing that.
thank you! Smile
@cbxbiker61 or any one else.
Are you guys successful in reusing logo and/or logo detection only (2) ?
When running same recording on a windows machine i'm getting a totally different logo then with Linux version and i can re-use it.
In both situations the edl output is the same using same comskip.ini.
(2013-04-24, 19:47)schumi2004 Wrote: @cbxbiker61 or any one else.
Are you guys successful in reusing logo and/or logo detection only (2) ?
When running same recording on a windows machine i'm getting a totally different logo then with Linux version and i can re-use it.
In both situations the edl output is the same using same comskip.ini.

Logo files are just an approximation of the logo, kind of a "best-guess" at the logo, so logo files created on different versions almost certainly will not match the logo file of another version. The software uses "fuzzy" logic when it matches logos.
When i re-use the logo created with Linux version comskip generates a error.
When i do the same on Windows with the Windows logo file created no problem.

I'm not switching them between versions.

Edit:
DS211> comskip /volume1/recordings/Goede-tijden,-slechte-tijden/RTL-4-Goede-tijden,-slechte-tijden.2013-04-30.20-00.mkv --logo=/volumeUSB1/usbshare/logs/coms
kip/RTL-4-Goede-tijden,-slechte-tijden.2013-04-30.20-00.logo.txt
Comskip 0.93b.000, made using avcodec
The commandline used was:
comskip /volume1/recordings/Goede-tijden,-slechte-tijden/RTL-4-Goede-tijden,-slechte-tijden.2013-04-30.20-00.mkv --logo=/volumeUSB1/usbshare/logs/comskip/RTL-4-Goede-tijden,-slechte-tijden.2013-04-30.20-00.logo.txt

Setting logo file to /volumeUSB1/usbshare/logs/comskip/RTL-4-Goede-tijden,-slechte-tijden.2013-04-30.20-00.logo.txt as per commandline
No INI file found in current directory. Searching PATH...
INI file found at /etc/comskip/comskip.ini
Using /etc/comskip/comskip.ini for initiation values.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
what(): x exceeds max width
Aborted (core dumped)
DS211>

Maybe some incorrect setting in comskip.ini ?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comskip for Linux released6