XBMC official translation project for release Frodo is open !
(2012-06-23, 10:47)alanwww1 Wrote: They will start to keep up with a regular (probably weekly) refresh period, but I am still working on the two way bulk update utility which also has to generate the fresh addon.xml files for the addons. I am in good shape with it, but still i need a little time to finish.

Thanks, Cheers

Any news on the auto-update? As far as I can see, Transifex does not include the most recent UI changes.
(2012-07-18, 11:37)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2012-06-23, 10:47)alanwww1 Wrote: They will start to keep up with a regular (probably weekly) refresh period, but I am still working on the two way bulk update utility which also has to generate the fresh addon.xml files for the addons. I am in good shape with it, but still i need a little time to finish.

Thanks, Cheers

Any news on the auto-update? As far as I can see, Transifex does not include the most recent UI changes.

Working on it.
It is close...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've just requested to be added to the Indonesian translators team on Transifex.
I've been using XBMC with an Openelec Fusion setup for a few months now. A few days ago I built XBMC 12 on Windows to make some sense of how my HTPC is 'performing' when loading thumbnail images. Smile

Before I even realised that the language files were managed with Transifex, I made a small C# application that lists a few selected languages side by side. It also compiles and runs with monodevelop, albeit a tad slower.
Does Transifex have support for this? I don't see such features on the Tour page.

Comparing three languages at the same makes it easier (for me at least, being totally new to XBMC development) to 'judge' a translation.
Transifex does have such feature (to compare few languages). It isnt very user friendly at least to me it isnt but such functionality is presented.
Just a thought here but seeing as XBMC can't uppercase accent characters couldn't the labels be uppercased in the language file and somehow used for skins?

Thanks.
Have you tested lately? There was a commit a month or so ago that may have remedied that.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

No I haven't sorry. I'll check it out, thanks.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the commit and see it got fixed.
Am I missing something, or the official Transifex project still indeed has language files that are at least 0.5 year old, without recent GUI updates?
Didn't want to open a new thread for this, but I think something went wrong when you uploaded the language file for plugin-video-bliptv to Transifex today. The strings are the same as in plugin-video-vimeo.
(2013-01-02, 15:24)CutSickAss Wrote: Didn't want to open a new thread for this, but I think something went wrong when you uploaded the language file for plugin-video-bliptv to Transifex today. The strings are the same as in plugin-video-vimeo.

Ah, the copy-paste monster in my sync project file

Sorry for this problem! I already corrected it!

Big thanks for reporting this !

Cheers, Attila
@alanwww1
Can you adjust your script that it doesn't overwrite the English files?

I noticed a dev had problems after he updated his language files and it overwrote his English files which contained new strings so he had to revert English to get them back.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-04-27, 18:33)Martijn Wrote: @alanwww1
Can you adjust your script that it doesn't overwrite the English files?

I noticed a dev had problems after he updated his language files and it overwrote his English files which contained new strings so he had to revert English to get them back.

There are options in my langdload tool to skip downloading the English file or changelog.txt.
Just check the readme: https://github.com/xbmc/translations/tre...-langdload

Btw: The English file from our repo contains cleans and cosmetic changes. Sometimes even syntax problems occur which is corrected. So it is advised to sometimes compare the local and the translations repo file.

Thanks, cheers
Hi,

You link doesn't seem to work. Actually I wanted to check whether there is any language option provided for Tamil translators.

Thanks!
Arun
www.pioneer0303.com
Hi !

Right links:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141158
(2012-05-29, 02:02)alanwww1 Wrote: Hi all translators !

We can proudly announce, that our official translation project is open for everyone who wants to contribute to XBMC with translations.
GO TO: https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/XBMC-Main-Frodo/
Are you planning on creating a separate project on Transifix now that Gotham is branched for release?

ex. https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/XBMC-Main-Gotham/

Maybe also post a news post om http://xbmc.org main page too to encourage new translators?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC official translation project for release Frodo is open ! 0