New G-Box Midnight MX2 Fully User Friendly Auto Update
GboxCanada is proud to be the first to release the New Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2

The new MX2 highlights all of the features that made the original Midnight so popular but now pushes beyond that limit by offering the more powerful dual core Amlogic A9 MX processor teamed with a dual core Mali-400 GPU to deliver 1080p HD and 3D incredibly smoothly while handling Android like nobody's business. Furthermore it has 8 gigs of internal storage which is double the former device's amount. One new unique feature is over-the-air updating which will keep every MX2 up to date with the latest firmware and XBMC releases from Matricom. "Android TV Boxes have the reputation of being enthusiast only devices. We're making a bold attempt to turn this technology into a consumer ready product. Over-the-air updating is a necessity to keep the software updated on the device without requiring the consumer to have a full working knowledge of how to update their system. The idea is to have a system that 'just works'. This updating process is not new to Android devices such as phones, however it is revolutionary to the Android TV Box industry and opens the device up to everybody and makes updating more convenient than ever."

About G-Box Midnight MX2:

The G-Box Midnight MX2 by Matricom brings high performance high-def streaming from the internet and local media to your TV. The powerful Amlogic A9 MX processor teamed with a quad-core Mali-400 3D graphics engine provides stellar performance for the Android platform and high definition video playback. The Special Edition MX2 XBMC runs smoothly with 1080p hardware decoding from local media and your favorite XBMC streaming add-ons. Running on Android 4.2.x Jellybean with the latest Google Play Store installed opens up the world to install your favorite apps, browse the net, watch videos, connect to your social networks and more!
Automatic Online Updating:

With over-the-air updating, the MX2 will ensure that it's software is up-to-date and brings the newest updates and bug fixes for Android and XBMC to your device seamlessly.
G-Box Midnight MX2 Specifications:

* Amlogic A9 Dual Core Neon HD CPU
* Mali400 Quad Core High Performance 3D GPU
* 1GB RAM (DDR3)
* 8GB Total Internal Storage
* USB Storage Extendable (Flash Drives/HDD)
* SD Storage Extendable (Up to 32GB!)
* 802.11b/g/n internal Wifi
* HDMI v1.4 video output
* 10/100 Ethernet Port
* Coaxial SPDIF Digital Audio Output (Surround Sound)
* Composite Audio/Video Out
* 4x USB 2.0 Ports
* Android 4.2.x Jelly Bean installed
* Supports Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse
* Google Play Store installed
* Fully Rooted!

I have had the chance to test this new G-Box and we can honestly say that it lives up to all its expectations.

This is the first completely User friendly and fully auto update for firmware and XBMC

Netflix has been pre installed also and working 100%

Now Available at gboxcanada.com

Can't seem to be able to add pictures, if anyone knows please advise
*yawn*
The floodgates are opening again Big Grin
$154.99!! ewww, no thanks....
99 bucks here 10 shipping, direct from matricom/usa wholesales..

http://www.amazon.com/G-Box-Midnight-MX2...cr_pr_pb_t
pick me, pick me, pick me ...
(2013-05-03, 07:15)j1nx Wrote: pick me, pick me, pick me ...

Can I ssh into the box and change the advanced XML to use a central MySQL database?
Has anyone gotten XBMC to run on the NEST?
(2013-05-03, 18:28)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Has anyone gotten XBMC to run on the NEST?

Cool

I heard it runs linux, so it must run xbmc, right?

Davilla I am looking at you Tongue
Available at amazon for $100 http://www.amazon.com/G-Box-Midnight-MX2...B00CH643A8
Anyone know if the remote is any good?
(2013-05-04, 02:38)tennisbgc Wrote: Available at amazon for $100 http://www.amazon.com/G-Box-Midnight-MX2...B00CH643A8
Anyone know if the remote is any good?

its the same remote as the G-Box Midnight
Does the G-Box Midnight MX2 come with internal bluetooth or do you have to buy an adapter/dongle? I see it says supports wireless keyboard and mouse, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has bluetooth. It could just mean it supports it via an external adapter or dongle. Please let me know asap because I'd like to buy one of these and I need to know if I will need to buy a bluetooth adapter/dongle as well.

Thanks! Smile
(2013-05-04, 20:33)Segundus Wrote: Does the G-Box Midnight MX2 come with internal bluetooth or do you have to buy an adapter/dongle? I see it says supports wireless keyboard and mouse, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has bluetooth. It could just mean it supports it via an external adapter or dongle. Please let me know asap because I'd like to buy one of these and I need to know if I will need to buy a bluetooth adapter/dongle as well.

Thanks! Smile

Specs from http://matricom.net/products/g-box-midnight-mx2/ no not indicate bluetooth. It even says supported wireless USB keyboard and mouse, which implies what you thought, a dongle.
Can anyone recommend a wireless USB keyboard with touchpad that will work with this Android device? I saw the Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad but it doesn't state it supports Android.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DKZ...PDKIKX0DER

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New G-Box Midnight MX2 Fully User Friendly Auto Update3