• 243(current)
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide
(2013-03-27, 09:50)guy_smiley:) Wrote: Does anyone know how long the database upgrade takes?

EDIT: A looooooong time. About 3hrs for 42 shows (35 active) | 1548/1803 episodes downloaded.

Maybe for a database upgrade it might be worthwhile keeping some blank place holders for future updates?

for 2years of history, 200 shows it took me about 10-12 secs to do the db upgrade. make sure you are using the latest code.. and that your hd isnt crap?
So why is SB grabbing shows before they even air? I just noticed that i'm trying to pull in multiple episodes that happen to be password protected .rar files. These episodes have not even aired yet. I thought SB only looked once the air date had passed... Any thoughts?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Fake downloads mate. Check the search providers you have enabled in Sickbeard. I've had to disable nzbx.co and nzbzombie due to this.
(2013-05-13, 02:54)htpc guy Wrote: So why is SB grabbing shows before they even air? I just noticed that i'm trying to pull in multiple episodes that happen to be password protected .rar files. These episodes have not even aired yet. I thought SB only looked once the air date had passed... Any thoughts?

I had thought that SB had something like that too to protect against fakes, maybe I am confusing it with CP, which I know to have this feature.
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
i dont know if this is the best place for a feature request, but id like a little more functionality in the custom quality area for episodes, specifically when to use the archive function.

I think there should be 3 headings:
existing: what quality is required for archive to search for better releases
initial: what quality only for *new* downloads
archive: what quality to replace existing files with existing requirements (above)

I dont want to download any new SD releases (unless HD are definitely not available, like for a show pre 2000s), but some of my (HD available) tv shows have SD episodes for various reasons. Id like to update all of these to HD as they are available, but i dont want new releases to be downloaded in SD, then replaced by HD.

currently, i would need to use the custom episode quality, and for initial set SD, HD and for archive set 720br, 720web. but this will replace current 720web releases with 720br, which doesnt matter to me, and it will still download SD releases first (cause SD needs to be in initial for archive to process it).

with my proposal, i can set the following and it should work as i want:
existing: SD
initial: HD
archive: HD, 720br, 720web
(2013-05-14, 21:06)el_cabong Wrote: i dont know if this is the best place for a feature request, but id like a little more functionality in the custom quality area for episodes, specifically when to use the archive function.

archive: what quality to replace existing files with existing requirements (above)

I dont want to download any new SD releases (unless HD are definitely not available, like for a show pre 2000s), but some of my (HD available) tv shows have SD episodes for various reasons. Id like to update all of these to HD as they are available, but i dont want new releases to be downloaded in SD, then replaced by HD.

currently, i would need to use the custom episode quality, and for initial set SD, HD and for archive set 720br, 720web. but this will replace current 720web releases with 720br, which doesnt matter to me, and it will still download SD releases first (cause SD needs to be in initial for archive to process it).

I would recommend putting your request here.
Setup:
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
hi all, I just migrated from Windows to Linux and didn't take any of my config with me, and now I can't work out when it has downloaded stuff, why SB isn't processing it to the correct season folder, but actually outside of the seasons structures.

I.e. it's putting TheShow's S01E01 into

/TheShow

Rather than

/TheShow/Season1

any ideas please ?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
(2013-05-16, 20:46)cable_guy Wrote: hi all, I just migrated from Windows to Linux and didn't take any of my config with me, and now I can't work out when it has downloaded stuff, why SB isn't processing it to the correct season folder, but actually outside of the seasons structures.

/TheShow

Rather than

/TheShow/Season1

any ideas please ?

Make sure that Season Folders are checked for your shows, you can also change this in Mass Edit if it is not set for all of your shows.
Setup:
thanks for the quick reply.

Assuming you mean Manage > Mass Update, I have 3 options per show:

Quality
Flatten Folders
Paused

Is "season folders" one of these? Or have I got the wrong menu?
(2013-05-16, 20:46)cable_guy Wrote: hi all, I just migrated from Windows to Linux and didn't take any of my config with me, and now I can't work out when it has downloaded stuff, why SB isn't processing it to the correct season folder, but actually outside of the seasons structures.

/TheShow

Rather than

/TheShow/Season1

any ideas please ?

About a year ago we droped the whole concept of 'season folders' for a much more flexible template naming structure. If you want to do season folders you just need to tell SB to do that in your renaming pattern. For more info please read: https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/...tom-Naming

(2013-05-16, 22:27)Reginald Wrote:

/TheShow

Rather than

/TheShow/Season1

any ideas please ?

Make sure that Season Folders are checked for your shows, you can also change this in Mass Edit if it is not set for all of your shows.

'Season Folders' was removed back on build 497 (10/16/2012). As it was replaced with a rewrite of the renaming ability of sickbeard so that it is much more flexible. Users now have much more control on how an episode can be renamed, how season folders work, and more. Air-By-Date shows can have its own naming scheme as well. Additionally a preview screen is added before the 'Rename Episodes' is used from the displayShow page. Some per-defined naming templates have been provided that should cover most user scenarios along with several multi-ep schemes. If you want season folders you no longer check off an option for the show, but instead your naming scheme must contain the season folder related naming pattern variables. If you want to use the original scene name and use season folders you need to setup your renaming pattern to use season folders and then the release name variable. https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/...tom-Naming

(2013-05-14, 21:06)el_cabong Wrote: i dont know if this is the best place for a feature request, but id like a little more functionality in the custom quality area for episodes, specifically when to use the archive function.

just pick a range of qualities for initial and sb will pick the best out of that available. for archive qualities.. sb is going to keep upgrading until the best of that one is met (not if anything in that list is met). and the 'templates' that we provide (SD/HD/HD720p.HD1080p/Any) are only initial qualities. Archive qualities really isn't needed by most, and if you do use it.. I'd recommend just setting one quality in that box otherwise you will probably be confused on how its working (because most people dont understand that if you had 1080p bluray set in archive quality.. yes your 720p bluray is going to be 'low quality')
thanks the zoggy! that is indeed much better now! I will test it out with the last ever US office now... sniff.... :'-(
Has there been any word on an official patch to deal with failed downloads? Becoming a bigger and bigger problem, and running off of unraid I'm not sure about forks etc - the slightest little change seems to break the plugins for me.
I would also like to see something done about failed downloads. Also, it seems to be searching for episodes that have not yet aired and is pulling down incorrect episodes.
Thank you to everyone for this awesome software!
(2013-05-18, 21:05)SlackMaster Wrote: I would also like to see something done about failed downloads. Also, it seems to be searching for episodes that have not yet aired and is pulling down incorrect episodes.

There has been a lot of that - I would assume its an attempt to stop programs like SB from working when the episode is actually released - unfortunately, due to the lack of failed download handling its working.
Nah, generally those files are password-protected. This indicates that this is part of some kind of scheme (like the "Fill out survey to download your file"-OCH).

However - it'd be nice to see some kind of handling for failed files (like CP already has in place) as well as a logic to only check for episodes after they already aired (but, as far as I know this is already in place; You have to look into the specific show if there is an old listing with an old air-date - happenend a lot for example with the Simpsons to me - if there is, force a full-update and see if SB picks up the new listing.

In general I'd propose something like CouchPotato is already doing: Monitor Sabnzbd's queue for the downloads SB put onto there and if one fails, try to snatch another release. Also: Only look for episodes which have already aired.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

• 243(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide16