• 56(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
Hi there Wyrm,

Now it is strange , because when I go to same point (the video addon, channel ,movie tittle) , I see the text without scrolling and at the same the text scrolling.
It is like at the same point- space there is "two lines" one with the text fixed and superimposed another line ( the same tittle movie) scrolling (sorry I do not know how to explain in English)
(2013-05-04, 17:30)relyter Wrote:
(2013-05-04, 16:37)wyrm Wrote: ... For example dropping the "addons" part of the string so "program addons" would just become "programs". For the "get addons" I could change that to "get more" or even maybe "more...", what do you think about that? And finally maybe "info" instead of "system info" under the system menu?

Bold is what i was going to do in translation when i found that "program addons" is a xbmc string, not skin. And i stuck there. Smile Actually you don't have to change any of the english strings, there are no problem with length of the english text. It is enough if you just convert it to skin string and than i would be able to choose translation of the appropriate length, while keeping the meaning.
Yeah, it seems counterproductive to introduce new skin string when you already have exactly the same core string and it would "uncomplete" current translations. So you may leave it as it is. It's only 3 strings now, however all of them on Home.
relyter, was planning to use the system strings for this anyway, just some different ones. Result would hopefully be a shorter string regardless of language and also would not cause any of the translations to change their level of completeness.

Quote:ps. Could you please check if you assing 750 px also for "reset skins setting to default"? It seems shorter.
will check the assing Rofl on this string and fix if it requires it
Quote:ps1. As i happens to understand polish as well i noticed that both in official and svn version you have outdated translation, not the current one from transifex.
Yes, that may well be the case, but you need to be aware of how things work from my end. I need to run a program from my end ("langdload" which is supplied by the XBMC devs) to download the various .po files for my skin. This is great except for a couple of little problems that this causes. 1St problem is that every time I run this program my version number for the skin is bumped by 0.0.1 (thanks a bunch, but it's my skin and I'm pretty sure I know what version number I want it to be), so I now only run this just before I push a new release to the main repo. And 2nd, the program grabs every language file regardless of it state of completion, so if I'm not paying very close attention incomplete .po translations can sneak thru. And lastly other than some Italian swearwords I only speak my native tongue of Strine, so I have no idea if things are correct or not. Actually that last bit is not quite true, I do know that "iOS" does not translate to "XBox" in any language (although it is all thru the translations on transfix for some strange reason).

So keeping this in mind, I'm doing my best, but sometimes shit happens.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2013-05-05, 04:00)joselbcn33 Wrote: Hi there Wyrm,

Now it is strange , because when I go to same point (the video addon, channel ,movie tittle) , I see the text without scrolling and at the same the text scrolling.
It is like at the same point- space there is "two lines" one with the text fixed and superimposed another line ( the same tittle movie) scrolling (sorry I do not know how to explain in English)
joselbcn33,

Thanks that's what I need to hear (don't worry your English is probably better than mine). What is happening for some reason is that two of my visible conditions are equating to true when only one should. I will go take a look again and see what I can turn up. In the mean time, you mentioned that it works correctly in other skins list type views, could you let me know which skins so that I can check what they are doing different to me?

Thanks again for the report
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2013-05-05, 16:02)wyrm Wrote: Yes, that may well be the case, but you need to be aware of how things work from my end. I need to run a program from my end ("langdload" which is supplied by the XBMC devs) to download the various .po files for my skin. This is great except for a couple of little problems that this causes. 1St problem is that every time I run this program my version number for the skin is bumped by 0.0.1 (thanks a bunch, but it's my skin and I'm pretty sure I know what version number I want it to be), so I now only run this just before I push a new release to the main repo. And 2nd, the program grabs every language file regardless of it state of completion, so if I'm not paying very close attention incomplete .po translations can sneak thru. And lastly other than some Italian swearwords I only speak my native tongue of Strine, so I have no idea if things are correct or not. Actually that last bit is not quite true, I do know that "iOS" does not translate to "XBox" in any language (although it is all thru the translations on transfix for some strange reason).

So keeping this in mind, I'm doing my best, but sometimes shit happens.

Thanks for the info, i'm actually was curious how does it work on your end.

Well, in worst case it's always possible to download translations manually. You dont' have to be member of the translation team, it's enough just register on transifex. Not sure what would take more time at present moment - catching all incomplete languages or manually downloading 5 complete Smile
okey, have tested Back Row, Quartz Reloaded (now Amber) and Confluence:

Also, one minor issue, I have enable dvd case and cd case in setting but it does not display.
Thanks in advance for your supportTongue
i'm running Frodo 12.2 on some pretty old hardware with an even older GFX card (Nvidia MX 440) and I need a very lightweight skin. This skin is the fastest I've tried thus far BUT i can't seem to invoke the context menu. WHen I am looking at my home screen, I press C but it doesn't bring up the context menu. I am basically trying to get to my favorites, any help would be appreciated.
Ubu's Youtube Channel has great content! http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted
Blog? Yes here: ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com
(2013-05-06, 05:12)ubuntuaddicted Wrote: i'm running Frodo 12.2 on some pretty old hardware with an even older GFX card (Nvidia MX 440) and I need a very lightweight skin. This skin is the fastest I've tried thus far BUT i can't seem to invoke the context menu. WHen I am looking at my home screen, I press C but it doesn't bring up the context menu. I am basically trying to get to my favorites, any help would be appreciated.
ubuntuaddicted,

There is no context menu on the home screen, only really makes sense for if some sort of content has been selected (movie, TV show, music etc). Easiest way to have access to Favourites is to turn them on for the home menu. Head into the skins setting menu and select "Home menu" and then scroll down the list on the left of the screen until you come to "Favourites on home menu". Select that will then provide you with a Favourites entry on the home menu (either in the main menu if you are using vertical home menu, or under "System if you are using the horizontal home menu). It was once possible to get to the favourites screen by hitting "Esc" from the home menu, but it would seem that the devs removed this from the keymaps for Frodo. If you prefer to have it mapped to a key go take a look at the XBMC wiki for changing keymaps. The command that you will need to add to the keymap file would be "ActivateWindow(Favourites)", but this is beyond what I can easily explain here as the keymap file is located in different places depending on OS and how you are running XBMC.

Anyway, all explained in the wiki.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2013-05-06, 01:08)joselbcn33 Wrote: okey, have tested Back Row, Quartz Reloaded (now Amber) and Confluence:

Also, one minor issue, I have enable dvd case and cd case in setting but it does not display.
Thanks in advance for your supportTongue
joselbcn33,

I'm pretty sure issue with scrolling text is now correctly fixed (should hit Passion repo tomorrow morning), please advise on how the change went.

As to the Case issue, which views and in what libraries? You do realise that there are certain views where this has never been available? Should be available from Wrap view for both and List view only for CD case. Thinking about it, probably makes sense for DVD cases to appear in List as well, will take a look at it.

Now just to let you know, the DVD case is pretty subtle (DVD's are sold in this country in black cases with a insert behind clear plastic), so you might have even missed it.

Let me know where you think the CD and DVD cases should appear and I will take a look and see if it is appropriate.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Dear Wyrm,

Thank you, now text scrolls properly. You are the best!!!

Also, I have realized an small issue, don't know if anybody have too:

On my videos item I have added so many sources as example as follows:

Disc E:
Downloads
Videos (Disc C)
add videos....

On the other hand I have made a custom item with favourites for Video Addons (Which Includes Pelisalacarta addon and Youtube addon) at settings...
When I get to Home menu>custom item Video Addons (named as Videos Online in home menu)>Pelisalacarta>any of the movie channels>movie tittle> play movie and then stop and press backspace to go back to the previous label : movie tittle>movie channels>pelisalacarta>Videos addons custom item (named as Online Videos)>Home menu, sometimes it displays all my video sources like if I was in the video Item label (Disc E: , Download, Addons Video, Add videos)

Also any news about the backdrops behaviour (change from the black default to the movie fanart every time you scrolls your movie collection) posted before.

Thanks!!!
(2013-05-13, 00:50)joselbcn33 Wrote: Dear Wyrm,

Thank you, now text scrolls properly. You are the best!!!

Also, I have realized an small issue, don't know if anybody have too:

On my videos item I have added so many sources as example as follows:

Disc E:
Downloads
Videos (Disc C)
add videos....

On the other hand I have made a custom item with favourites for Video Addons (Which Includes Pelisalacarta addon and Youtube addon) at settings...
When I get to Home menu>custom item Video Addons (named as Videos Online in home menu)>Pelisalacarta>any of the movie channels>movie tittle> play movie and then stop and press backspace to go back to the previous label : movie tittle>movie channels>pelisalacarta>Videos addons custom item (named as Online Videos)>Home menu, sometimes it displays all my video sources like if I was in the video Item label (Disc E: , Download, Addons Video, Add videos)
joselbcn33,

Remind me, you are using the vertical home menu, is that correct? Pretty sure I had fixed this on the horizontal home menu, you might want to give that a quick try to confirm that it is working correctly there. Will try to get time to check out the issue from my end, but having another pair of eyes on the problem is always helpful.
Quote:Also any news about the backdrops behaviour (change from the black default to the movie fanart every time you scrolls your movie collection) posted before.

Thanks!!!
If you mean the fanart fading to black while scrolling, or the previous fanart showing briefly before the new fanart has loaded? Fading to black is a feature, not a bug (translation, I'm not fixing that), otherwise I have posted a partial fix for the wrong fanart problem to my google code page (so should be available on Passion repo by now). I am still working on this problem, but am taking a different tack to fix it as a solution to another problem with the skin might be a better way to handle the problem.

Work ongoing, will advise when fixed
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

how do we get the passion repo in frodo?
http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie....org.frodo
is there anyway to make auto scroll only work when the item is highlighted? trying to make the raspberry pi as snappy as possible.

@relyter cheers mate
sorry auto scrolling works fine except in music, all song titles scroll at the same time. also in music when in music info none of the buttons at the bottom are selectable, just shows Tracks Refresh Get thumb but arent selectable.

Uk rating 12 doesnt show, i renamed it to 12a in the ratings folder, which fixed the problem for anyone using uk ratings.
(2013-05-23, 13:47)stuCONNERS Wrote: sorry auto scrolling works fine except in music, all song titles scroll at the same time. also in music when in music info none of the buttons at the bottom are selectable, just shows Tracks Refresh Get thumb but arent selectable.

Uk rating 12 doesnt show, i renamed it to 12a in the ratings folder, which fixed the problem for anyone using uk ratings.
stuCONNERS,

Ok, multiple problems there. First problem will be fixed with tomorrows Passion update. Now only scrolls the focused item. Just a note though, if you want the snappiest Pi you need to turn off scrolling as ANY change to the screen generates a dirty region screen redraw (that includes any scrolling text). If you don't absolutely need the text that long, turn it off and reduce the wee beasties load a little.

Second problem I don't see as I have a script in my system called playalbum that shows another button called strangely enough, "Play". Have included a fix to get around the issue if you don't have this script on your system. Again, in tomorrows Passion update.

And last of all, I have made a more permanent change to do basically the same thing. BBFC12 and BBFC12A now show the BBFC12 image (really it is the same rating anyway). If someone wants to send me a BBFC12A rating image that matches the other BBFC rating images, I will include that in the skin. And once again Passion repo tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the report stuCONNERS, remember guys, one set of eyes from my side, should be lots more from your side (140+K downloads of skin from main repo). Most problems are very easy for me to fix, but I have to know about them to fix them. So if you see any problems PLEASE post here so I can do something about it.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

the label for addons title is placed higher than all the other labels.
the weather title label seems to be lower than other title labels.
in pvr recordings, the picture of the tv in the list is almost in the corner.
music addons logos have no reflection whereas all other addons do
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3