• 135(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2013-05-17, 21:09)pecinko Wrote: Heh

You want to replace skin textures with the Apple originals?

Thx pecinko!

I'm only talking about the video player part of it (screenshot below), that's all... if I know what to do, I'd give it a shot, if it doesn't require that much of deep coding knowledge, that is...

Sorry if I post this reply in the wrong thread - I have to start somewhere...

I've finally managed to install Openelec XBMC v3.0.3 together with Quartz v4.1.2. Great package.

But I am trying to find out why my home menu in Quartz is not auto populating movies as I add them on my NAS (after I do a "update library")?

Is this skin related or XBMC related? Can anyone tell me?

The movies I add are in the movies section (after I do a "update library") and are playable.

It worked on my old installation with Openelec v2.0 and Quartz v3.3.9.

Thanks.
(2013-05-19, 08:47)tenzion Wrote: But I am trying to find out why my home menu in Quartz is not auto populating movies as I add them on my NAS (after I do a "update library")?
It worked on my old installation with Openelec v2.0 and Quartz v3.3.9.

Auto populating shelf above Movies section? Double check you did not turn it off in skin settings. Also, check if it works on your PC (windows, os x, linux)

I believe nothing changed in this regard between 3.3.9 and 4.1.2.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

When viewing TV Shows or Movies in the Icons view, scrolling through the posters vertically is really slow and laggy for me. Does anyone else experience this? I think you need to have at least 3-4 rows of titles to experience the stutter.
I've tried deleting my MyVideos#.db & Textures#.db and re-scanning all my videos again but this didn't help the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
(2013-05-20, 09:41)TubbyPoutine Wrote: When viewing TV Shows or Movies in the Icons view, scrolling through the posters vertically is really slow and laggy for me. Does anyone else experience this? I think you need to have at least 3-4 rows of titles to experience the stutter.
I've tried deleting my MyVideos#.db & Textures#.db and re-scanning all my videos again but this didn't help the problem.

Working nicely here and nobody else reported any problems.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-20, 09:41)TubbyPoutine Wrote: When viewing TV Shows or Movies in the Icons view, scrolling through the posters vertically is really slow and laggy for me. Does anyone else experience this? I think you need to have at least 3-4 rows of titles to experience the stutter.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I fixed this. I changed the Vertical Blank Sync setting from 'Enabled during video playback' to 'Always enabled' and now they scroll smoothly.
Also, I found that my CPU runs at lower usage with this setting.
New XBMC User Alert:
Thanks for your work on this skin. I love the clean simplicity and I think I'm going to be adopting it long-term (going to take a look at Amber too though).

I'm using XBMC with a Harmony One remote (via FLIRC) and a small problem I have is that I can't scroll Album/Artist information when it extends beyond one page. Is it because I haven't found the right keystroke yet or can this only be done by shifting focus with a mouse-click?
(2013-05-25, 13:34)pdduggan Wrote: New XBMC User Alert:
Thanks for your work on this skin. I love the clean simplicity and I think I'm going to be adopting it long-term (going to take a look at Amber too though).

I'm using XBMC with a Harmony One remote (via FLIRC) and a small problem I have is that I can't scroll Album/Artist information when it extends beyond one page. Is it because I haven't found the right keystroke yet or can this only be done by shifting focus with a mouse-click?

If you enabled scrolling of plots and descriptions in skin settings it should scroll automatically.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Is it possible to modify the action when I click on a movie to play it to always run the Cinema Experience script? I was looking through some of the XML files but, not being to experienced in XML, wasn't sure where to look/what to modify.
(2013-05-25, 22:09)jmase33 Wrote: Is it possible to modify the action when I click on a movie to play it to always run the Cinema Experience script? I was looking through some of the XML files but, not being to experienced in XML, wasn't sure where to look/what to modify.

This is not technically possible.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi pecinko,

I have a problem with Quartz when scrolling fast, by holding the down button on the Apple Remote (I'm on ATV1). The animation gets "confused".
This is not the case when using confuence or another skin. I think this has somthing todo with the animation of the selection Frame.

Does someone else has this experience?

Best Regards
Vlaves
(2013-05-28, 08:59)Vlaves Wrote: I have a problem with Quartz when scrolling fast, by holding the down button on the Apple Remote (I'm on ATV1). The animation gets "confused".
This is not the case when using confuence or another skin. I think this has somthing todo with the animation of the selection Frame.

As confused you mean jumpy at moments or?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Not at moments, always. If I for example go to the first Movie in List view and start scrolling down by hitting and holding the down button on the remote, after three or four Items on the list, the selector begins to jump. This is always the case Sad If i hit the down key on the remote and repeat that fast (without holding it all the time) it works like it should.
It is hard to explain. But this is a behavior I always had with quartz. It was the same with Openelec on an Fusion System and on a Ion System using a MCE Remote.
So I think it has somthing to do when the remote repeats the key-presses, when you hold down a button.

I hope you now understand, what I mean Smile

Thanks again and Regards
Vlaves

(2013-05-28, 09:55)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-05-28, 08:59)Vlaves Wrote: I have a problem with Quartz when scrolling fast, by holding the down button on the Apple Remote (I'm on ATV1). The animation gets "confused".

As confused you mean jumpy at moments or?
(2013-05-28, 10:04)Vlaves Wrote: Not at moments, always. If I for example go to the first Movie in List view and start scrolling down by hitting and holding the down button on the remote, after three or four Items on the list, the selector begins to jump. This is always the case Sad If i hit the down key on the remote and repeat that fast (without holding it all the time) it works like it should.
It is hard to explain. But this is a behavior I always had with quartz. It was the same with Openelec on an Fusion System and on a Ion System using a MCE Remote.
So I think it has somthing to do when the remote repeats the key-presses, when you hold down a button.

XBMC does not really support Apple TV like smooth scrolling. To overcome this, I had to use animation which slides blue button when selection moves up or down. This animation gets triggered _after_ selection has been changed so little delay is present in blue button movement.

OTOH, if I would remove this animation, blue button will be jumping positions as it is now in system settings.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-28, 10:17)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-05-28, 10:04)Vlaves Wrote: Not at moments, always. If I for example go to the first Movie in List view and start scrolling down by hitting and holding the down button on the remote, after three or four Items on the list, the selector begins to jump. This is always the case Sad If i hit the down key on the remote and repeat that fast (without holding it all the time) it works like it should.

XBMC does not really support Apple TV like smooth scrolling. To overcome this, I had to use animation which slides blue button when selection moves up or down. This animation gets triggered _after_ selection has been changed so little delay is present in blue button movement.

OTOH, if I would remove this animation, blue button will be jumping positions as it is now in system settings.

Maybe you could make that as an option, that would be great Big Grin I now, it would not look like ATV scrolling but it would work as excepted Smile

And I have also another Question. I have set all my TV Series Covers to use iTunes Covers which have the Size of 600x600. What do I need to change, to display the Covers instread of Thumbs in the TV Series Shelf? Thanks again for all your Information and help Smile

Regards
Vlaves
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12