• 57(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
(2013-05-24, 12:10)stuCONNERS Wrote: the label for addons title is placed higher than all the other labels.
the weather title label seems to be lower than other title labels.
in pvr recordings, the picture of the tv in the list is almost in the corner.
music addons logos have no reflection whereas all other addons do
stuCONNERS,

That's the spirit. Ok, will look at these, but weather title is not actually lower than other headings, although it might look it as the weather forecast below it is a bit close. Will see what I can do to move things about a little. Addons label was a bit high and has been fixed. Will push changes to my googlecode page (and thus Passion repo) when I have a couple of more changes. As to the other two issues, will take a look and see if I can spot anything.

Just to be clear, it would help if I knew if you where using horizontal or vertical home screen as a number of your issues where only present when the vertical home menu was selected. If you can manage it a screen grab or two would make it quicker to find some of your issues. Either that or if you could turn on "Show debug info" from the skins support menu and tell me what skin file is being used when you see the problem (shown in blue text in to left hand of screen, should be blah.xml).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
im using vertical home screen, i`ll add some screen grabs if you want.
(2013-05-25, 13:41)stuCONNERS Wrote: im using vertical home screen, i`ll add some screen grabs if you want.
stuCONNERS,

yep figured the vertical menu thing out when I went looking for your "music addons icon" problem, just would have been less work for me if you had pointed this out originally.

Quote: the label for addons title is placed higher than all the other labels.
the weather title label seems to be lower than other title labels.
in pvr recordings, the picture of the tv in the list is almost in the corner.
music addons logos have no reflection whereas all other addons do

Have just pushed a number of updates to my googlecode page (will hit Passion repo tomorrow morning). Issues 1,2 and 4 sorted from the list above. As to the PVR issue, yes a screen grab would be useful as I don't have access to a TV card and the demo PVR code does not really help with the recording listings.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Update, pretty sure issue 3 is now also fixed. Check it out and Please advise.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

sorry i`ll add screen prints next time

im pretty sure album information scrolls way faster than movie information for example, its the same speed just starts scrolling instantly.

edit: dialognumeric.xml keyboard is a different colour than dialogkeyboard.xml unless its suppose to be like that. all numerical values are white on dialognumeric.xml, and the numbers in the box at the top are white
on dialogkeyboard.xml space is grey whereas all other keys are black, IP address is also grey.

pvr recording logo is still in the same place
(2013-05-25, 22:20)stuCONNERS Wrote: sorry i`ll add screen prints next time

im pretty sure album information scrolls way faster than movie information for example, its the same speed just starts scrolling instantly.

edit: dialognumeric.xml keyboard is a different colour than dialogkeyboard.xml unless its suppose to be like that. all numerical values are white on dialognumeric.xml, and the numbers in the box at the top are white
on dialogkeyboard.xml space is grey whereas all other keys are black, IP address is also grey.

pvr recording logo is still in the same place
stuCONNERS and everyone else,

Sorry I have been a bit quiet for a while, have a a couple of health issue that needed sorting, pretty sure now is all good. Have been making a number of small changes around the skin, but there are a couple of changes that will be hitting the Passion repo later on this morning that everyone should be aware of.

I have reworked the login screen to use a List view type layout (instead of the Wrap view layout of before). The reason for this is I think it looks much better than what was previously there. Now the reason for the change is because I have changed the action for the "Load Profile" menu item in the home menu system sub menu. Pressing this button now takes you to the login screen instead of the Profile settings screen (where you then needed to use the context menu to change to another profile). Hopefully this has a much higher SAF that what I did previously.

Hopefully people have also noticed the changes to the Video OSD and the mountain of minor bug fixes (including the text colour issue for the numeric keyboard that I have just fixed). If there are any other bugs that you have spotted that I have missed, please post here with details so that I can fix things.

At this stage I am hoping for another official update to the main XBMC repo in the next couple of weeks, but this is dependent on a number of outstanding issues being fixed in the next week or so.

Stay tuned, more to follow.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Hello,
I really enjoy your skin on my raspi for its speed and easy beauty! To my wife, it's the only one with a readable live tv timeline. so the name's wisely choosen, I'd say! Wink

There's only 1 small thing about the LiveTV, that bugs me: if I'm watching in FullScreen and press the Info button, I see a short summary of the currently running show, some icons about it's specs (dolby, h.264, 16:9, 720p), the seekbar, the total time, the running time, actual time and end time. I however do not see the name of the show I'm watching and/or the name (or even better!) logo of the channel I'm watching. The logos all showed in the EPG after some tuning, and I hoped, that would also make them appear in the Info Dialogue, mainly because there would be enough space left to the summary if you'd ask me. Btw: it's "DialogFullScreenInfo.xml" according to the log, that would needed to be modified, but sadly that surpasses my skills... Sad

I'm on the official repo version at the moment, so exuse me, if this has already been modified! Wink

Greeting from an already really impressed xTV-SAF user!
(2013-07-11, 21:11)bench Wrote: Hello,
I really enjoy your skin on my raspi for its speed and easy beauty! To my wife, it's the only one with a readable live tv timeline. so the name's wisely choosen, I'd say! Wink
bench, thank you for the feedback, the liveTV stuff was done using the demo PVR server so I'm amazed that anyone likes what I have done. Really must get a tuner dongle to test this part of the skin as the demo server really does not cut it for helping to check screens.
Quote:There's only 1 small thing about the LiveTV, that bugs me: if I'm watching in FullScreen and press the Info button, I see a short summary of the currently running show, some icons about it's specs (dolby, h.264, 16:9, 720p), the seekbar, the total time, the running time, actual time and end time. I however do not see the name of the show I'm watching and/or the name (or even better!) logo of the channel I'm watching. The logos all showed in the EPG after some tuning, and I hoped, that would also make them appear in the Info Dialogue, mainly because there would be enough space left to the summary if you'd ask me. Btw: it's "DialogFullScreenInfo.xml" according to the log, that would needed to be modified, but sadly that surpasses my skills... Sad

I'm on the official repo version at the moment, so exuse me, if this has already been modified! Wink
yes there has been a LOT of changes to this screen since the last official update, so it is possible that it may have been fixed (but see comment above re demo PVR). If you could grab the skin via Passion repo and check it out for me, I could make sure that this is fixed for the next official release, failing that if you could post a link to a full debug log of a session where you see this issue, I might still be able to track down exactly where the issue is.

Thanks once again for the feedback, it's always nice to hear that my work is appriciated

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Ok, I'm trying to get the skin from the Passion repo. But sadly it's not that easy, because I've tweaked and tested for the last month due to the live TV going async, not fetching all channels, not being able to switch channels, once one has been watched and so on. I finally got stuck on a custom rbej build, with a vnsi4 plugin, that does the job right. It is a gotham build, so the repo can't be installed.

I've got the skins zip-file copied to the addons/packages/ directory and after a reboot had the svn build available, but switching to it only showed text, no markers, no scroll, no frames around "ontop" windows. a reboot didn't change this. I made it to a live TV channel, and now I've got the same view as in my last post, even though all text is just on top of the live tv without an opaque background, so it's somewhat hard to read. And still no logo, no channel- or movietitle...

Aside from this I don't know if I have complicated things on my side with my setup (raspi as frontend, debian xen server with vdr as backend, so the need for a stable pvrclient to connect to my backend) and if it's even rebuildable if someone wanted to, so I'd understand lowered interest in this. Wink But the main point is, I can't tell you "go buy a tv-stick, I can help you setting it up!" and believe me, I would. I'm currently trying to get a friend exited for a raspi and he'd need that kind of a setup, so if things change, I'll let you know!

Now you can choose, from which version (offical repo against passion svn version) I should post a debug log, or even both? But not today, shortly past midnight here, gonna go to bed now.

And about the feedback: we've got a saying here - don't know if it's known in other contries - but it goes something like.
Honor to whom honor is due. (while looking for the word "due" I've found the complete saying in english, so here it goes!)

Goodnight
(2013-07-13, 00:12)bench Wrote: Ok, I'm trying to get the skin from the Passion repo... /snip
Wow, that's dedication for you

Quote: And still no logo, no channel- or movietitle...

.../snip

Now you can choose, from which version (offical repo against passion svn version) I should post a debug log, or even both?
Debug from both if you can manage it would be good. You can look after most of the download of debug log straight from the skin (see my sig. for details), just need to post a link to the log files here. Please don't post the log file here as they are huge and the mods here will have a kitten.
Quote:And about the feedback: we've got a saying here - don't know if it's known in other contries - but it goes something like.
Honor to whom honor is due. (while looking for the word "due" I've found the complete saying in english, so here it goes!)

Goodnight
Thanks for that, personal glory is not the reason I keep on about posting feedback though. I keep finding really silly bugs while working on the skin. Bugs that really should not get thru to the main repo, but as I seem to be the only one looking for problems, sometimes they get thru. Basically many eyes should make these type of bugs non existent.

So once again. Guys, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, post any bugs you see.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Ok, here are the logs:

this one's from booting in the svn skin and then switching to the repo skin. At 20:27:53 I'm starting a live TV channel and at 20:28:10 I'm opening the info panel: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36605

this one seems to include the previous log but goes further than the first one. I switched to the svn skin and tried to blindly navigate to the live TV info panel. Starting a channel at 20:31:27, press info at 20:31:34: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36606

If I can do something else to clearify, what my feature request is, just speak up. I wouldn't call this a bug, otherwise the skin seems pretty flawless for what I use from it. Live TV and playback from nfs shares scanned to music and video database or samba shares in plain video file mode, because they are dvd-drives.

Let me know, if you'd like screenshots from any possible viewmode. Navigating blind was hard for me with the svn repo, I can only image what it's like to script the pvr part in a similar fashion...
(2013-07-13, 21:11)bench Wrote: Ok, here are the logs:

this one's from booting in the svn skin and then switching to the repo skin. At 20:27:53 I'm starting a live TV channel and at 20:28:10 I'm opening the info panel: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36605

this one seems to include the previous log but goes further than the first one. I switched to the svn skin and tried to blindly navigate to the live TV info panel. Starting a channel at 20:31:27, press info at 20:31:34: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36606
Thanks for that,
I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is now and will try to get a fix together in the next couple of days. One thing I did notice in the logs is that your copy of the SVN version of the skin has not been installed correctly. By some chance are you downloading the original .zip file to a Mac? I'm asking this as I believe there is an issue if you download on a Mac, that it very helpfully opens the .zip file and messes with it unless you download it in a certain way. The log file shows that parts of the skin are missing (font files for one) and thus things are not displaying correctly. Either that or you are maybe not waiting long enough for the skin to install properly and parts of the skin are missing when you try to switch to it.

Sorry can't say exactly what the problem with .zip's is for Mac's (I'm running Win7 on my dev box), just seem to remember that Pecinko had mentioned this problem in the Quartz forum (maybe go check thru there to see what the issue is).

Quote:If I can do something else to clearify, what my feature request is, just speak up. I wouldn't call this a bug, otherwise the skin seems pretty flawless for what I use from it. Live TV and playback from nfs shares scanned to music and video database or samba shares in plain video file mode, because they are dvd-drives.

Let me know, if you'd like screenshots from any possible viewmode. Navigating blind was hard for me with the svn repo, I can only image what it's like to script the pvr part in a similar fashion...
No should not be needed. I think the issue is that I only check for Movies, TV Shows/Episodes for displaying Logo's/Cleararts etc and only show a poster artwork for anything else (Live TV probably does not have a Poster artwork, so shows nothing). Will have a good poke around the code and see if this is the case and hopefully post a fix to my googlecode page (and thus Passion repo in a day or so). Will post a note to this thread when I have anything to report and then hopefully you can download the skin .zip file from there after you have sorted the incomplete .zip download issue from your end.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thanks, the skin was indeed not installed properly. I initialy tried to unzip on a linux machine, then copy to the addons directory. that didn't show the skin inside of xbmc, so I placed the zip inside of addons/packages, like I head read somewhere. I now simply copied the extracted zip again to the raspi, replacing all existing files and now it's showing in xbmc and is displaying great. So now that I know, how to install from the passion repo in a working way, I'll wait for your update.

Live TV does only have "picons", provided from a folder or nfs-share specified inside the vnsi plugin, but all the ones I've got are only 100x60 in size, so I don't know if it's a good idea to resize them and I don't know if I could use bigger ones either, got a pretty complete package for my country and did not search any further. The icons need to be named the exact same way, as they are in the channellist. Sadly vnsi's documentation is lacking some stuff, and it's hard to find clues in the many different boards.

Bench
(2013-07-14, 20:33)bench Wrote: Thanks, the skin was indeed not installed properly. I initialy tried to unzip on a linux machine, then copy to the addons directory. that didn't show the skin inside of xbmc, so I placed the zip inside of addons/packages, like I head read somewhere. I now simply copied the extracted zip again to the raspi, replacing all existing files and now it's showing in xbmc and is displaying great. So now that I know, how to install from the passion repo in a working way, I'll wait for your update.
Not a good idea to do it this way. Simply download the .zip file to somewhere on you machine and then from the settings/Addons menu use "Install from Zip" option. When asked for the location of the zip file browse to the location where you downloaded the .zip file that you grabed from the Passion web site and wait until XBMC tells you that it has installed the skin (this can take a while and does not give any feedback on what is happening, so you just need to wait).

Quote:Live TV does only have "picons", provided from a folder or nfs-share specified inside the vnsi plugin, but all the ones I've got are only 100x60 in size, so I don't know if it's a good idea to resize them and I don't know if I could use bigger ones either, got a pretty complete package for my country and did not search any further. The icons need to be named the exact same way, as they are in the channellist. Sadly vnsi's documentation is lacking some stuff, and it's hard to find clues in the many different boards.

Bench
Have just pushed an update to my Googlecode for this issue, so Passion will have an update tomorrow morning (2am Paris time), let me know how you get on. Just a note, from looking at other skins, the info that you are looking for appears to not be available from these screens. Is there a skin that shows this information (and if so which ones) so that I can go have a look at how others have sorted this issue?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I did try the "Install from Zip" first, but my raspi didn't do anything after selecting the zip file. It is also lacking the unzip command in bash, so I thought that would be the problem or maybe dependencies due to running a gotham alpha. I'm gonna try it again with the next version tomorrow, at least I now have a working work-around and what to do, if it's not showing right again. Wink

Well I'll try other skins this evening, I don't recall looking for this in other skins, as mainly the EPG is used and all other skins I tried even lacked one my wife could live with, but I did a quick search and found at least one skin, showing that information in screenshots: this skin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85831 on this screenshot: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/J...hot011.png

But I don't know, if the screenshot is from the vnsi pvr addon, so I'd already be overly happy with the channel and showname, would that be doable?

Bench

PS: Just got around to check another skin, experience1080 does display the channel number, its name, the picon about twice the size of the epgs picons, the currently running show and even what's coming up next end when Wink
(2013-07-15, 10:02)bench Wrote: I did try the "Install from Zip" first, but my raspi didn't do anything after selecting the zip file. It is also lacking the unzip command in bash, so I thought that would be the problem or maybe dependencies due to running a gotham alpha. I'm gonna try it again with the next version tomorrow, at least I now have a working work-around and what to do, if it's not showing right again. Wink

Well I'll try other skins this evening, I don't recall looking for this in other skins, as mainly the EPG is used and all other skins I tried even lacked one my wife could live with, but I did a quick search and found at least one skin, showing that information in screenshots: this skin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85831 on this screenshot: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/J...hot011.png

But I don't know, if the screenshot is from the vnsi pvr addon, so I'd already be overly happy with the channel and showname, would that be doable?

Bench

PS: Just got around to check another skin, experience1080 does display the channel number, its name, the picon about twice the size of the epgs picons, the currently running show and even what's coming up next end when Wink
Bench,

SVN 1.3.3.918 should now be showing Title, Plot and Icon for LiveTV please advise if this is not the case. Have had a look at the experience1080 code and I think I am covering a goodly amount that this skin does, just the same a screenshot from this skin might be handy to see how I can fit what you are after into my skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

• 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3