• 36(current)
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on
(2013-05-28, 18:16)dh3lix Wrote:
(2013-05-28, 04:38)Drumitar Wrote: anyone else on OE getting some crashes, it seems like maybe 30-50 percent i laucnh a stream it causes xbmc to restart :< when it stream does laucnh it works great though any thoughts ?

Jap... But only when using the flashstreams. No problems at all with the hls ones.So you may wanz to switch to the hls one ;-)

This is most likely related to a buggy player of xbmc/oe not the mlb plugin itself btw.

ill try enabling hls, and post results, if not mayble ill try windows / xbmc instead of OE
(2013-05-29, 04:37)Drumitar Wrote:
(2013-05-28, 18:16)dh3lix Wrote:
(2013-05-28, 04:38)Drumitar Wrote: anyone else on OE getting some crashes, it seems like maybe 30-50 percent i laucnh a stream it causes xbmc to restart :< when it stream does laucnh it works great though any thoughts ?

Jap... But only when using the flashstreams. No problems at all with the hls ones.So you may wanz to switch to the hls one ;-)

This is most likely related to a buggy player of xbmc/oe not the mlb plugin itself btw.

ill try enabling hls, and post results, if not mayble ill try windows / xbmc instead of OE

You should ask on the OE forum, as I'm fairly certain it's not really add-on related. Posting a link to your xbmc.log is always a good idea in a case such as yours.
I'm pretty much a noob with xbmc, and no programming experience... I'm trying to get mlb.tv on my raspberry pi, and I installed the add-on from xbmc.org, but it doesn't really work. Do I need to install this mlb-hls business? Could someone point me towards directions (preferably step-by-step, noob-friendly ones) for getting this running? I'm currently on xbian alpha 5. Many thanks!
Recent web site changes have broken some functionality. The MLB.TV stuff should still work. The only setup you should have to do is enter your email and password in the add-on settings.

If you still have trouble, use a service like http://pastebin.com to copy your xbmc.log to and post the link here.
Divingmule - I decided to try XBMCbuntu again on my unit, using the latest XBMCFreak version which is built on Ubuntu 13.04. I can no longer get the HLS version of the add-on to work. I can select a game, select the feed, and then it bombs out.

Here is the Log: http://pastebin.com/EZAG9EWt

When it bombs out, I see this in the log:
Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mlbmc.hls/default.py", line 136, in <module>
                                                mlbtv.mlbGame(event)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mlbmc.hls/resources/mlbtv.py", line 266, in mlbGame
                                                getGameURL(*verified_content[ret])
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mlbmc.hls/resources/mlbtv.py", line 452, in getGameURL
                                                target += ' -F ' + start
                                            TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

The Flash stream MLBMC works fine.
(2013-05-28, 14:16)divingmule Wrote: @thegryghost, thanks for your input! Decoding the url is easy enough in python, though what to do with the extra parameters is a mystery to me. IIRC, once decoded you have a m3u8 url, some sort of a key, and a string of url parameters.

Any insight is much appreciated.

After decoding the base64 encoded url, it'll return the base m3u8, a decryption key, and params you'll need to append to when requesting the actual AES key (which is encrypted, you'll need the decryption key you got from the base64 url to decrypt) to get the video segments. MLB.tv makes sure that any requests to for the AES key is coming from you, and only you, with the params from the base64 url.

If python had a HLS client, you could hack it up to support the MLB.tv specific authentication and key decryption. Similiarly, if you were familiar enough with ffmpeg, you could add those MLB.tv specific pieces to it's HLS implementation.

Back when I started mlbhls, ffmpeg/libav didn't have any HLS support so I had to hack together a quick hls client. I've been following ffmpeg's development but I don't think they support dynamic bandwidth switching, which is something that I feel is needed. That said, I'd love to get rid of my client for something that's written better to the panos spec and that I don't have to maintain.

I don't currently use XBMC as my HTPC but I plan on switching as soon as I'm done writing LiveTV backend for the setup I have at my house (a cable card + numerous OTA tuners). When that happens, I plan on doing a native xbmc plugin for MLB.tv that will also integrate with my live tv stuff (for proper timeshifting support).

Let me know if you have any other questions...
(2013-05-31, 01:55)fischwrap Wrote: I'm pretty much a noob with xbmc, and no programming experience... I'm trying to get mlb.tv on my raspberry pi, and I installed the add-on from xbmc.org, but it doesn't really work. Do I need to install this mlb-hls business? Could someone point me towards directions (preferably step-by-step, noob-friendly ones) for getting this running? I'm currently on xbian alpha 5. Many thanks!

havent used xbian, but with Open elec rbjec custom build for the pi, it works out of the box :>

you can check his custom build out here

http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...s-openelec
[/quote]

havent used xbian, but with Open elec rbjec custom build for the pi, it works out of the box :>

you can check his custom build out here

http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...s-openelec
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll keep testing things out
(2013-05-31, 05:46)thegryghost Wrote: I plan on doing a native xbmc plugin for MLB.tv that will also integrate with my live tv stuff (for proper timeshifting support).

Does this mean it would only work in your environment? or would it work but without Timeshifting? Is this plugin something you are going to share with us?

If so, I am willing to test for you on the Raspberry Pi, Linux, and Windows environments... just let me know. Do you have a timeframe when you may begin working on this (I will not hold you to your answer... just curious is this is something you are looking to do soon, or in the next year or two).
(2013-05-31, 17:54)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Does this mean it would only work in your environment? or would it work but without Timeshifting? Is this plugin something you are going to share with us?

If so, I am willing to test for you on the Raspberry Pi, Linux, and Windows environments... just let me know. Do you have a timeframe when you may begin working on this (I will not hold you to your answer... just curious is this is something you are looking to do soon, or in the next year or two).

I'll most likely make the MLB.tv separate from the LiveTV stuff, making it possible for the 2 to communicate and work with each other but not dependant on either.

I'm hoping to get a beta level plugin for MLB.tv before the season is over. LiveTV and all the pieces that go along with it takes priority but since it's all MPEG-TS, most of the code will be re-usable. I'll let everyone know when I have something to test but it's probably going to take while.
(2013-05-31, 04:53)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Divingmule - I decided to try XBMCbuntu again on my unit, using the latest XBMCFreak version which is built on Ubuntu 13.04. I can no longer get the HLS version of the add-on to work. I can select a game, select the feed, and then it bombs out.

Here is a quick fix, replace the mlbtv.py in the add-on's resource dir with this one -> http://ubuntuone.com/223krkqCw4sndU9SJ0TWtF
@divingmule ... have you checked the live playback of the pre-game's allready? i only had the chance one and it bailed out on stream selection with script error when having inning selection enabeld. unfortunately hadn't time to gather logs. will do some if you need some of cos.

--rgds marcO
Having troubles with this now. Can't access anything. Archived games nor MLB playlists...Keep getting script errors. Whats the best method to trouble shoot?
(2013-06-03, 10:03)Klattsy Wrote: Having troubles with this now. Can't access anything. Archived games nor MLB playlists...Keep getting script errors. Whats the best method to trouble shoot?

enable debug logging .. get logs extracted and drop them for divingmule on pastebin.com for review....
(2013-06-01, 15:28)divingmule Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 04:53)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Divingmule - I decided to try XBMCbuntu again on my unit, using the latest XBMCFreak version which is built on Ubuntu 13.04. I can no longer get the HLS version of the add-on to work. I can select a game, select the feed, and then it bombs out.

Here is a quick fix, replace the mlbtv.py in the add-on's resource dir with this one -> http://ubuntuone.com/223krkqCw4sndU9SJ0TWtF

Sorry, I have not had the time to mention that I reloaded XBMCbuntu using the official version... I believe it is built on 12.10... and everything is working perfectly.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on7