• 337(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2013-05-30, 02:56)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-05-30, 02:34)o9r1sh Wrote: Hello everyone, And thanks you Angelscry for this great addon. Just thought i would let you all know that Gamefaqs seems to dislike having there website scraped excessively as I've received an indefinate ban on my ip address after importing a few sets with that scraper. To be fair i do have a ton of roms so its understandable that I would trigger an automated ip block. I'm considering contacting the site to see if I can get unbanned and was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with gamefaqs or if anyone has some advise on how I should proceed.
Here are some suggestions :
  • Avoid to base all your scrapers (data, thumbs and fanarts) on the same website. Scraping stuff need 2 website connections (1 for searching the game and 1 for downloading game stuff). So, if you use the same website for all scrapers, it will represent a total of 6 website connections per game. Try to mix, for example : data -> Allgame, thumbs -> MobyGames and fanart -> GameFaq. It will then represent only 2 connections par website and per game.
  • Use a dynamic IP... so you will never be permanently blocked.
  • You can try to pass by a proxy or a VPN server (but connection speed will probably be slower).

A VPN sounds good, I mostly like Gamefaqs for the Jap covers, Emumovies does a pretty good job in most cases but theres times when Gamefaqs wins the race. Thanks for the suggestions.
Hi,

I'm using real great Advanced Launcher to call Mupen64plus emu .. was happy to see that the "sometimes-sound-works-sometimes-not"-Bug seemed to be resolved with

Quote:Version 2.0.5
Fix AudioEngine hog (thanks to fritsch and Nortin).

but unfortunately there is still some issue, will say, sometimes the games have sound, randomly not, but starting directly from console works always flawlessly. And I discovered that toggling xbmc from fullscreen to windowed and back often doesn't work, stays often, but not always in windowed mode ..

How can I help, which information do you need to identify the problem ?

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2013-05-31, 14:50)LastCoder Wrote: Hi,

I'm using real great Advanced Launcher to call Mupen64plus emu .. was happy to see that the "sometimes-sound-works-sometimes-not"-Bug seemed to be resolved with

but unfortunately there is still some issue, will say, sometimes the games have sound, randomly not, but starting directly from console works always flawlessly. And I discovered that toggling xbmc from fullscreen to windowed and back often doesn't work, stays often, but not always in windowed mode ..

How can I help, which information do you need to identify the problem ?

Greetz

LCS
You can try this : Go into Advanced Launcher context menu (using C "key") > Add-on Settings > Miscellaneous > Launcher start options > and put "Action on XBMC playing media" to "Let Play".
If you let this option to "Stop", you will need disable XBMC GUI option and wait 10 seconds before starting an application to have sounds.
For those wrestling trying to run ROM's from network shares, be aware of the following!!

A> Do not use SMB sources - you must map a network drive in Windows
B> Run your XBMC and emulators as administrator
C> Fix administrator access to map drives with the below process

1. Run regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System
2. Add new DWORD key named EnableLinkedConnections and set decimal value of 1
3. Restart PC
4. Map network drive to your resources (rom's, art, etc.) using windows File Explorer and check the box to reconnect on login
5. Add the mapped drive as a source within XBMC
6. Create the launcher as normal
hello angel, as an big user of advanced launcher I would like to thank you first, it has been a revolution for xbmc to me, I was wondering , if I may, is it possible to integrate it even more in xbmc ui, I use xperience skin and I dream to be able to have poster from my last installed games on the home ( like it does with movies and tv shows) , click on it and boom the game launch ( again like a movie )
is it possible? or even add an "advanced launcher plugin" ( a 2nd program extension ) that use our launcher.xml to achieve that?
Since I saw the new game console, I think that my htpc with advanced launcher is already "next generation" the only thing I'm missing is this ability to integrate advanced launcher even more in it ....
If this is too hard ( or impossible ) ...well too bad ...but if their is a chance... Smile
Anyway, thanks again for your work and quick support !
Merci et à bientôt!
(2013-06-01, 19:41)jgreer Wrote: For those wrestling trying to run ROM's from network shares, be aware of the following!!

A> Do not use SMB sources - you must map a network drive in Windows
B> Run your XBMC and emulators as administrator
C> Fix administrator access to map drives with the below process

1. Run regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System
2. Add new DWORD key named EnableLinkedConnections and set decimal value of 1
3. Restart PC
4. Map network drive to your resources (rom's, art, etc.) using windows File Explorer and check the box to reconnect on login
5. Add the mapped drive as a source within XBMC
6. Create the launcher as normal
Thanks for the small tutorial, that surely help windows users. Rofl
(2013-06-01, 22:59)bakito Wrote: hello angel, as an big user of advanced launcher I would like to thank you first, it has been a revolution for xbmc to me, I was wondering , if I may, is it possible to integrate it even more in xbmc ui, I use xperience skin and I dream to be able to have poster from my last installed games on the home ( like it does with movies and tv shows) , click on it and boom the game launch ( again like a movie )
is it possible? or even add an "advanced launcher plugin" ( a 2nd program extension ) that use our launcher.xml to achieve that?
Since I saw the new game console, I think that my htpc with advanced launcher is already "next generation" the only thing I'm missing is this ability to integrate advanced launcher even more in it ....
If this is too hard ( or impossible ) ...well too bad ...but if their is a chance... Smile
Anyway, thanks again for your work and quick support !
Merci et à bientôt!
We need first to create and add an XBMC widget (service add-on) dedicated to Advanced Launcher, that will be directly linked to Advanced Launcher and that will extract the info you want to display form the launchers.xml file. If you want to display the "last installed item"... this information is actually not stored into launchers.xml file, so Advanced Launcher has also to be modifed to integrate and manage this information. Finally, the more important, the skins have also to be modifed to display this information and link an action to it (start the game).

I can do the 2 first steps (service creation and modify the launchers.xml content). But to be honest, I do not really like widgets. In my opinion they overcharge display with useless informations : For example, "last installed item" have been generaly installed by the user itself... But for the last step (skin integration), it has to be done by skin makers... and here , except "Cirrus Extended V2", actually skins are far to integrate all the features that Advanced Launcher include (trailers, extra fanart, view/not view state, etc...).
yes I see... As I understand Black is going to make an evolution of his skin maybe he would be ok to work with you ( he make a great integration of your add on in his last skin), it could give birth to an excellent project !
Anyway , thanks for your answer! On a less ( I think ) demanding request, is it possible to make the "genre" choice a favorite? Or what is the path to the different genre? So I can put "action" or "whatever genre" into favorite ?
Again thanks a LOT !!!
cheers

Edit: I just ask Black what he thinks about this... Smile
(2013-06-02, 09:21)bakito Wrote: Anyay , thanks for your answer! On a less ( I think ) demanding request, is it possible to make the "genre" choice a favorite? Or what is the path to the different genre? So I itemcan put "action" or "whatever genre" into favorite ?
For this point I will try to see... but I'm not sure it is possible. That's not Advanced launcher which manage the favourites, but XBMC itself. And for what I actually understand, favourites only works for hard items/folders paths. When you make a search you just return a list of folder or items corresponding to a query. I could be wrong. But if you know an XBMC add-on that allow to add to favourite the request of a search I'm interessted? Wink
(2013-06-02, 09:21)bakito Wrote: Or what is the path to the different genre?
After checking to it more closely... It possible to do it manually. For example if you want to list all the items that have Adventure genre, the XBMC path will be :

Code:
plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?Adventure/%%SEARCH_GENRE%%

Where Adventure is the string query and %%SEARCH_GENRE%% correspond to the research criterion. The string query could be what your want. If it correspond to nothing... you will obtain an empty folder. For the research criterion, here are the different values :
  • %%SEARCH_ITEM%% to search by item title name
  • %%SEARCH_DATE%% to search by date
  • %%SEARCH_PLATFORM%% to search by platform name
  • %%SEARCH_STUDIO%% to search by studio name
  • %%SEARCH_GENRE%% to search by genre
I will take a look if it is possible to add a menu entry into the search result context menu to directly add the corresponding search url as XBMC favourite...
After more investigation... it is not possible actually for Advanced Launcher to bypass XBMC, to add its proper favourites into the favourites.xml file. Well... in fact... it will be always possible to do it by directly editing the favourites.xml file, but I would prefer to use a built-in XBMC option to do it... instead of manipulate an .XML file which is not part of Advanced Launcher directories. This feature may be avaliable into the next version of XBMC : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154371
A thousand thanks to take of your time for my request!!
Well I try to manage something with the hint you gave me, maybe a search entry direct on home menu or a panel with the different genre of game....
I ll try to edit my favourite file and see what happen, and test if it s really more convinient for what i have in mind...
Again, thanks I will try this!
Cheers
Merci!
(2013-06-03, 12:30)bakito Wrote: A thousand thanks to take of your time for my request!!
Well I try to manage something with the hint you gave me, maybe a search entry direct on home menu or a panel with the different genre of game....
I ll try to edit my favourite file and see what happen, and test if it s really more convinient for what i have in mind...
Again, thanks I will try this!
Cheers
Merci!
I'm not sure a lot of users know it, but you can create launchers that directly use XBMC built-in commands into Advanced Launcher. For this you just have to indicate XBMC as application. Try this :
  • Create a stand alone launcher
  • Application : xbmc executable file path
  • Arguments : ActivateWindow(10001,"plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?Adventure/%%SEARCH_GENRE%%")
Now you have a launcher that display all the items that have "Adventure" as genre. This launcher is like other launchers so you can add to it a description, a thumb, a fanart, sort it into a category, create favourite (and so link it to a menu entry), etc... Sky is the limit... Wink
(2013-05-31, 15:28)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 14:50)LastCoder Wrote: Mupen64plus sound problem
You can try this : Go into Advanced Launcher context menu (using C "key") > Add-on Settings > Miscellaneous > Launcher start options > and put "Action on XBMC playing media" to "Let Play".

Thanks, that solved it !

And I disabled toggling from fullscreen to windowed.

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Nice to knowI will try this as soon as I got time!
Have a good day!
  • 337(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24