• 3(current)
Cron for Kodi - Support Thread (formally CronXBMC)
Hi,

I used the service program (service.cronxbmc) to execute a bash shell script in my Raspberry-pi updatet with the latest Openelec version (2.99)

I edited the cron.xml file: the script every 5 minutes
----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<----
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<cron>
<job name="TamTam" command="System.ExecWait(/storage/.xbmc/script/tamtam/tamtam.bash)" expression="*/5 * * * *" show_notification="true" />
</cron>
----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<----

It works, but a strange message is stored int xbmc.log file:

23:30:00 T:2952533088 NOTICE: service.cronxbmc: TamTam will run again on 02-21-2013 23:35
23:30:00 T:3042848768 NOTICE: ProcessMessage: Failed to suspend AudioEngine before launching external program
23:30:10 T:3042848768 FATAL: ProcessMessage: Failed to restart AudioEngine after return from external player
23:35:00 T:2952533088 NOTICE: service.cronxbmc: running command TamTam
23:35:00 T:2952533088 NOTICE: service.cronxbmc: TamTam will run again on 02-21-2013 23:40
23:35:00 T:3042848768 NOTICE: ProcessMessage: Failed to suspend AudioEngine before launching external program
23:35:03 T:3042848768 FATAL: ProcessMessage: Failed to restart AudioEngine after return from external player

The error is displayed even if a very simple bash shell is executed:

#! /bin/bash
# this is the body of TanTan.bash shell

date >> /storage/.xbmc/script/tamtam/tamtam.txt

Of course I changed the rwx permision of directory and tamtam.bash script using chmod -R 777 /storage/.xbmc/script command.

Have you any idea about the problem ?

Thank you very much for your kindness

regards

Luigi Ferrari
I've never seen this error before, but I usually only use the cron program to run xbmc internal commands (ie PlayMedia, etc). My best guess here is that there is an issue suspending AudioEngine when your bash script is executed. According to the Wiki the System.ExecWait command is supposed to suspend XBMC until the external process completes. Apparently AE doesn't like this and is throwing and error.

If you can collect a full debug log and post this on http://trac.xbmc.org - I have a feeling it may be an XBMC bug.
Hi all,

Love this feature. Did the gui ever get finished?
User Kr0nZ did create a pretty useful GUI. I really can't remember if it ever got merged in though. I'll have to check the git repo and see. If it wasn't I'm sure it could be easily merged in. I'll post back here after I investigate more.

UPDATE:

Looks like Kr0nZ's most recent GUI changes were in the gui_testing branch. I merged these with the master and updated the appropriate files for instructions. Should be ready to go now.
Ha all,
How i can download and install XBMC cron with gui?
(2013-07-23, 08:38)asleep Wrote: Ha all,
How i can download and install XBMC cron with gui?

I've merged everything into the master branch on github, so just downloading the zip or cloning the repo of https://github.com/robweber/cronxbmc.git will get you the addon. From there just get it into the userdata/addons folder of your xbmc install.
Thanks for the work you put in!
Simple question, I can't find the cron.xml file anywhere in windows. And the GUI doesn't show anything. Is it normal?
The cron.xml file should be in the addon_data/service.cronxbmc folder. This is in your userdata directory, wherever that might be on your particular platform. It will get created the first time you run the addon. The GUI won't show anything until you add some cron triggers to it. When it first loads it is completely blank.
(2013-08-14, 16:42)robweber Wrote: The cron.xml file should be in the addon_data/service.cronxbmc folder. This is in your userdata directory, wherever that might be on your particular platform. It will get created the first time you run the addon. The GUI won't show anything until you add some cron triggers to it. When it first loads it is completely blank.

Thank you!
Can this be used to have artwork downloader automatically downlaod artwork?
I'm going to say "Yes". I did a quick scan of the wiki pages for the Artwork Downloader, it appears that there are several script commands where you can pass arguments and have the artwork downloader start working. You'll want to setup CronXBMC to use one of these commands as outlined on the wiki page - Xbmc.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, ......). Just find the one you are looking for and set it up according to the instructions.
Hello,

I really liked the plugin idea. I have installed it and it looks really great, but I have some problems:
- when exiting the main plugin window, my XBMC crashes.
- I am not able to edit configured commands.

I am using XBMC 12.0 - Frodo.

Can I do something to resolve this issues?
Thank you very much.
The GUI was originally made by Kr0nZ as I don't have a lot of GUI experience. I tried it out myself and it appears that editing configured commands is not possible. The program is not crashing XBMC for me when exiting though. Please attach a debug log of your system to see where the problem might be. If Kr0nZ is still monitoring this thread perhaps he can help with the editing commands issue.
Hi Rob,
the settings.xml file @github under resources is empty, i cant get your addon to work. Do you have the full release?
The settings.xml file doesn't have anything in it. It should probably just be deleted in all honesty. You do everything from within the program.

What exactly isn't working? Are you on Gotham? Could be the addon needs some tweaks to get it to work there. Let me know, or give a debug log, and I'll try to help out.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cron for Kodi - Support Thread (formally CronXBMC)1