XBMC Sound Stuttering/Static
I have a Nexus 7 2nd Gen and I've tried playing video in both youtube and 1channel within xbmc and the sound has like a stuttering/static sound to it. is there a fix or workaround?

i searched google and the forum but didnt see anything specific to my issue
Would be interested in the same as I have also a Nexus 7 2013 and tried XBMC on 720p or 1080p and both would be choppy for video and audio.

I looked at the XBMC settings and not much can be changed on the video front.
I tried changing the Audio settings removing AC3, Dolby but did not make any difference.
Ok just realised Android hooked me up to my local wifi at a not so stunning 24Mbps so I will copy a file locally and report.
I just ruled out the WiFi by copying a 720p file locally on the Nexus 7 2013 and launched XBMC. I get choppy sound and video.

I downloaded VLC beta, sound and playback are both fine.

I guess we need to wait for proper support for the new Nexus hardware.

Thanks.
Same problem here. It really sucks.
If only people read the Android FAQ (wiki).
Reading the FAQ only confirms that somebody had to try and report on success/failure to get XBMC on new hardware.
I personally did not expect this to work out of the box, hence reporting here, in case I can contribute somehow.
Good news, its fixed in the latest nightly!
Good for you, I have tried on 5 different movies, I agree there has been improvements however, I still see playback issues (not fluid then slow down on action scene) and sound not being in sync with image...
That is using the 07/31 nightly.
(2013-07-31, 04:09)boris_net Wrote: Reading the FAQ only confirms that somebody had to try and report on success/failure to get XBMC on new hardware.
I personally did not expect this to work out of the box, hence reporting here, in case I can contribute somehow.

It also says people should try the libstagefright test builds: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005

In the next week, libstagefright should be merged into master, so it should then be included in nightly builds.
Good point, reading the 2 threads, it looks like tomorrow's nightly will have this lib integrated !

Thanks Ned !
That rocks, with today's build and the integration of the lib, 1080p is super smooth !

Thanks a ton to all of have contributing to this !
@ned Scott... How about getting of the high horses? I have read all the self help pages, and there is nothing about the issue this is writing about.
I have a new Google Nexus 7 tablet, and the sound SUCKS big time. It is screeching, low... I have tried everything.
I also have XBMC on Windows. Linux (RedHat), my other two (2) Samsung phones and everything works just fine.
And the Nexus (or the Smasung tablets I read about) are not some "No Name" tablets.
Yes, this is an issue, and don't just jump to conclusions. It might be more helpfull for such a XBMC Guru as yourself to send me the link to the proper article (but not to the link you already sent because there is ZERO pertinent info) and think that some of us just want the thing to work, and we do not want to super configure our appliance.Rolleyes
(2014-01-10, 15:03)Ze_Kanuke Wrote: @ned Scott... How about getting of the high horses? I have read all the self help pages, and there is nothing about the issue this is writing about.
I have a new Google Nexus 7 tablet, and the sound SUCKS big time. It is screeching, low... I have tried everything.
I also have XBMC on Windows. Linux (RedHat), my other two (2) Samsung phones and everything works just fine.
And the Nexus (or the Smasung tablets I read about) are not some "No Name" tablets.
Yes, this is an issue, and don't just jump to conclusions. It might be more helpfull for such a XBMC Guru as yourself to send me the link to the proper article (but not to the link you already sent because there is ZERO pertinent info) and think that some of us just want the thing to work, and we do not want to super configure our appliance.Rolleyes

Whoa whoa whoa, where are you getting all of that? And why do you think insulting me is going to get you any help? High horse? No. Jaded from answering the same question, and sometimes a bit snippy? Yes. For being snippy, I apologize, but I assure you that I'm not on any horse.

I'm not jumping to conclusions? What are you talking about? At the time of the writing, the issue for that user was known and was fixed by installing the libstagefright test build. Now libstagefright (and another, called MediaCodec) are enabled in the nightly builds (wiki).

I don't believe I called the Nexus 7 or Samsung tablets noname? They're actually quite nice, and I hold them in high regard.

The Android FAQ (wiki) link at the time I posted my message used to contain a message with a link to the libstagefright builds. Since libstagefrignt is enabled in nightly builds, that message was removed and replaced with messages that encouraged users to try the nightly builds instead (I believe it's noted twice, once under the "can this do 1080" section, and again under the install section.

The pertinent info on that page includes using a nightly build (wiki) and, more importantly, the location of the debug log (wiki). It's not about power user configurations. XBMC for Android is still what I would consider experimental and in a test-state, at least for most devices. If you are looking for something that "just works", then dear god, don't use XBMC.

Since I'm not on any high horse, I'm still willing to help you with your issue, despite you being a jackass about it. As far as I know, there is no sound issue on the Nexus 7, but I could be wrong. The last time I had access to one XBMC played wonderfully using a nightly build (wiki) and default configurations.

In general, "static" or sharp/weird sounds would indicate that XBMC might be trying to send raw "passthrough" audio formats. I would check XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output, and make sure the "passthrough" options are turned off. If this does not fix the issue then please post a debug log (wiki) of when you hear bad audio in XBMC, such as just playing any given video where you experience the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Sound Stuttering/Static0